13th cry

Howl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kyu Rin..."

Who was that? It sounded so... familiar, yet not. It was so soft. So gentle. So melodic. So motherly. Opening my eyes, I only saw a dark space. While we're talking about motherly... My eyes widened in shock a lady came to view. Her hair was red, wave and long. Her wings were spread gracefully, black and feathery. Her eyes looked too similar to mine, her lips too. Stepping closer, she smiled, but somehow, it only showed a tiny bit of happiness along with the whirlpool of sadness. 

"It's so nice to finally see you so grown up... I missed you so much." she said in a soft tone as she stepped closer to me rather elegantly. Still in shock, I continued to stare at her with widened eyes as the black space slowly turned into a hall with black walls. A throne was set by the middle against the biggest wall. Windows were set on each side as the sky showed an unnatural color of red. And nothing more. Nothing else but that and a pair of huge doors on the opposite side of the room as the throne and a long carpet going from the door to the throne. It must be lonely in here. 

"M-Mom?" I asked uncertainly as I stared up at the lady. She smiled, nodding with tears filling her eyes. Somehow the smile still didn't reach her eyes. Gulping, I stared at her arm, showing the glowing spirals up to her shoulder. Almost like mine. I couldn't believe it. After 19 years, I finally get to see my mother, to know how she looked like. And honestly, she looked beautiful, and so young. 

"So beautiful." she whispered as she cupped my cheeks, staring at me as if she was taking in the sight. Grabbing her soft hands, I looked at her with teary eyes, mirroring her own. 

"M-Mom, Jay was taken away. Kyu Jin was taken!" I cried, begging her to help us. Grabbing my shoulders, she bit onto her lower lip, nodding slowly. 

"I-I know..." she muttered, and I could only stare at her in disbelief, not able to believe that she knew, and yet she didn't do anything. She was the devil for 's sake! 

"You know?! Are you going to do something about it?" I asked quickly, hoping she really would do something. She was my mother, - Kyu Jin and mine - and she couldn't give up on her son like that. She wouldn't I hoped. However, my hopes quickly went down the drain as she gave me a sad, bitter smile. 

"I'm trying, I really am! But... I can't do anything about it." she explained quickly, hoping that I would understand her. But clearly, I didn't. Or rather I couldn't. If she really was as mighty as I was told, she could easily get my brother back. 

"Why can't you do anything?! You're the devil for hell's sake! You're the most powerful being in the whole history!" I reasoned, trying so hard to understand how and why. Why couldn't she do anything about it? 

Biting her lips, she grabbed my hand and started dragging me towards the door. As we stepped out through the door, she suddenly got halted as chains suddenly appeared around her wrists, neck and ankles, not letting her move any further. Eyes widening in realization, I watched as she tried to take a step out of the castle, but quickly got pulled back by the chains. 

"Y-you can't get out of the castle... You're chained up; you're a prisoner in your own castle!" I said in disbelief, looking at her with furrowed eyebrows, confused as what was happening. Nodding silently, she turned around and walked back into the castle with me tagging along with her. Sighing, she gripped into her dress, the points of her wings pointing downwards. 

"The first time I came here, the castle was put under a spell. I can't get out, I've

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter