23th cry

Howl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Rin! Are you alright?!" Kai exclaimed in surprised as I fell backwards on my bum while staring wide eyed up at the person inside the mirror. The person had long, red hair that reached down to her knees, glowing, red eyes, big, black wings and a similar tattoo on the arm like I had. She even had the same moon-necklace as me. As Kai squatted down next to me to check if I was okay, I pointed towards the mirror, unable to speak. Looking up towards where I was pointing, his eyes widened. He stood up slowly, watching as a huge, black wolf appeared in the reflection, "Wow..."

"I-Isn't that... you?" I asked as I stood up and stared at the mirror in awe and wary. The wolf was only staring back with grey, glowing eyes. Nodding, Kai then looked at the girl in the mirror, then at me. 

"T-Then... That must be..." he muttered while biting his lips as he stared at me, who stared back at him with widened eyes. No. It couldn't be. Looking down at myself, I looked down at myself, staring down at my dark, brown locks falling over my chest. Turning around, I looked for the pair of black, feathery wings before I turned back to the mirror only because I couldn't find the wings. 

"Me?" I answered unsurely, and looked up at Kai who smiled back. Nodding, he turned his head back to the mirror, and I followed, "But... How?"

"It must be a magic mirror. It shows your true self." he explained and looked at me. As I didn't notice how close we really were, his breath hit my face as I looked up, "And your true self is beautiful."

And with that, I pinked, my eyes immediately throwing themselves down. Eyes widened, Kai cleared his throat as if he just realized what he just said before turning around. Still looking down on the ground, I felt my heartbeats speed up. 

"U-Uhm... I-It seems l-like the place is a-abandoned, so we'll stay here f-for a while." he stuttered, still not facing me. Nodding, I knew he still couldn't see it before I turned towards the mirror. Walking out of the cabin, he left me alone standing in front of the mirror. Walking closer to the mirror, I examined the reflection, taking in the sight. 

"Liking what you see?" the reflection suddenly asked making me yelp and jump back. With widened eyes, I stared at the reflection, which was now moving on its own with a hammering heart. Winking, it crossed its arms with a smirk. Rubbing my eyes, I hoped it all was just an illusion. However, as I looked up again, I still saw the reflection leaning on one leg, "Surprised?"

With a yelp, I grabbed the blanket from the bed before I threw it over the mirror and ran out of the cabin. 

****

"Where did Nightmare go?" I asked as I looked around for my horse. I looked up at Kai who just turned around in surprise and stared at me. 

"I guess she ran way. No one would really like to see their love ones die." he answered with a small smile and a shrug. Nodding, I turned to stare at the sea. Worry started filli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter