22th cry

Howl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What the heck, Rin?" Kai's voice said as he rubbed his sore forehead with a groan. Peeking out from the blankets, I stared up at the boy in surprise and slight relief. 

"I thought you were a stalker." I said softly with a pout as he got inside the tent and sat himself down. Shuffling over to him, I looked up at the red mark that had formed on his forehead before I traced it softly with my finger, "I'm sorry."

"It's alright." he muttered softly and smiled as I put my hand down when I finally notices how close we were. His face was literally just a few centimeters away from my own; his chocolate-melted eyes looking at me with that intense look of his. Gulping, I felt the small blush appear under his gaze making me look away. Turning his head away as well, he bit his lower lip, "At least I'm not the only one feeling that someone's watching us."

Eyes rounding, I quickly turned back to him, "You think so too? I have felt like that since we arrived."

Suddenly moving closer, he traces the bags under my eyes with a frown, "Sleep. I'll watch over you."

"What about you? You seem tired as well." I pointed out as I laid myself down while Kai was still seated upright. Smiling softly, - something that by the way brought tingles in my stomach - he shook his head. Seeing his awkward position, I frowned at him, scooting a little bit as I felt guilty over the fact that he was not sitting comfortable, "At least watch over me while laying. You're going to have a sore back if you fall asleep in that position."

Eyes widening, he hesitatingly obeyed and laid himself down next to me. Feeling the heat of his body next to me, I unconsciously shuffled closer and rested my forehead on his back. And like that, I fell asleep. 

****

"RINNIE!"

Feeling a blazing hotness, I woke up with sweat trickling down my forehead and neck. An orangeish light was lit up and flickered around the tent and the smell of burned and smoke tickled my nose. Eyes widening as I finally realized what was happening, I started shaking Kai who was closest to me, and then D.O, uncle V and Chen who were sleeping soundly after staying up late.

"KAI! UNCLE! IT'S BURNING!" I screamed as I shook them hard all once again, trying to wake them up. Fear rose in me as a spot on the tent started burning, "KYUNGSOO! JONGDAE!"

Eventually, they woke up with wide eyes, gasping for air as the hot, thick air from the fire was quick to make it hard to breathe. Quickly pulling me into his embrace, Kai waited for the others to link themselves to him. Soon, we were outside the now burned up tent, revealing what was happening outside of it. The other groups were already up and fighting something that looked like shadows. Baekhyun was illuminating the shadows with his light, Chanyeol was throwing fireballs at them, and everyone else was doing their best to fight them off. A familiar black horse suddenly ran up to me, throwing itself up on its hind legs and neighed. 

"GET RIN AWAY FROM HERE! FOLLOW HER, AND WE'LL MEET UP LATER!" Suho shouted through the ruckus as he tried drowning one of the shadows. Setting my eyes on my dad, my eyes widened at the sight of my fighting off the shadows. 

"A-APPA!" I screamed, just about to run up to him, but Kai was quick to grab me by my wrist, pulling me back. Turning his head, appa smiled reassuringly at me before continuing to fight. Sighing in relief, I looked up at Kai with a nod before quickly climbing on my horse. Turning to my uncle, I smiled softly as he patted my back with his famous squared smile. 

"We'll see them l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter