14th cry

Howl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, this is where you go during Lunar Eclipse?" I asked as I looked around the place. A month had gone since, for the first time, I've talked to and seen my mother. Since then, I have been reading, researching and learning more about the demon's history. I've also learned how to use my demonic powers, though I could easily lose control if I didn't focus enough. As we were seated at home with nothing to do, EXO had suggested showing me where they were during the lunar eclipse. Therefore, they lead me up to a cave in the forest, the bluish glow being a contrast to the darkness outside the cave. 

"Yeah, Lunar Eclipse is the, let's say, national day of the Underworld. It is also when those from the Underworld lose control over their inner beasts, and they go wilder than what you saw last full moon." Suho explained making my eyes widen in horror. They could go wilder than that?! "This place surprisingly makes the beasts calm, and we become more human."

At that sentence, my eyes grew even wider. Turning my head towards him, I bit my lip as I took a glance at the others too, "It makes you more human? As in, you can't become wolves here?"

As they nodded, answering my question, I gulped before beginning to carefully look around in the cave, looking for a familiar symbol craved into the walls. This can't be. Hopefully, it wasn't what I suspected, "You have been here for how long?"

"For about 19 years." Sehun answered, and I nodded with my eyebrows furrowed as I rummaged through my own thoughts. It has been nineteen years, and yet still the hunters haven't been here? Yes, hunters. Ever since young, uncle V had told me stories about exorcists and demon hunters. I knew almost everything about them as I started taking interest in them in middle school; everything from rituals to what their weapons could do. Just as Sehun was about to ask about my weird behavior, my eyes caught the sight of the bottom pond that was situated further into the cave. In the water, on the bottom there was a big circle with a star inside; the symbol of the hunters. 

"And you only come here during lunar eclipses?" I asked, and once again, they all nodded. 

"This is actually the first time we came here when it isn't lunar eclipse. Why did you ask?"

"Because this is a demon trap. This is the hunters' work." I explained quickly making their eyes widen immediately. Pointing towards the pond, I watched as their eyes quickly followed down, "That symbol down there is why you can't change in here. It removes the presence of the dark spirits."

", then we have to get out of here before hunters might come!" Baekhyun exclaimed high-pitched, and everyone immediately agreed, however, Chen was quick to interrupt us. 

"But they haven't come here in nineteen years. Why would they come now?" 

And with that, my eyes widened as I inhaled sharply. Kai must have gotten the idea as well as he quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me behind me, standing protectively in front of me. Hissing, Kai whipped his head towards the entrance of the cave, making sure that I was kept out of harm, "Because every time we're here, it's lunar eclipse. The hunters can't even get into the forest at that time; we're too strong. But now..."

"You're all caught in our trap."

Eyes rounding, I gasped at the sight of three black-coated men standing by the entrance with whips, guns with bullets and a katana dipped in holy water. Looking at the legends with widened eyes, I watched as they all had stiffened in their places before I looked at Kai who was only glaring at the exorcists. Looking down at Kai's fingers that were wrapped around my wrist protectively and then at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter