Chapter 8

The Wolf And His Hunter

"Where have you been Minyoung?", asked Junhyun worriedly when he arrived at your home after school.

"Here.", you answered him simply and let him in.

"But why weren't you in school? Are you sick?", he asked and observed you from head to toe. You shook your head with a little smile and took a cup with water. You handed it over and Junhyun gratefully took it.

"Then why weren't you there?", he continued asking you.

You shrugged and sat down on your little couch. "How was english and math?", you asked him but he wouldn't fall for it.

"Yah Minyoung. Just tell me what's on your mind."

"I didn't feel like going.", you said honestly and Junhyun nodded. It seemed like you wouldn't talk to him about it.

He looked around in your home and frowned unhappyly. "My and my mother's offer is still present Minyoung.", he said seriously.

He sighed when you didn't replied and set next to you on your little couch.

"Do you feel uncomfortable around me since...well..."

"No, I don't."

"Then why won't you come? Leave that dirty, ugly appartment and come to us, we'll take care of-"

"No Junhyun-ah.", you said tiredly and stood up from the couch. "No."

"But Minyoung!", he argued. "You are ill and you're alone! I don't want to see you like this anymore. We can help you! Just let me help you.", he whispered the last sentence and you sighed deeply inwardly.

"I know you want to help me.", you sighed loudly and looked out of the window. "But it's not my time to be healthy."

"Nonesense!", he said frustraited. "You suffered long enough Minyoung!"

"Please leave Junhyun.", you said without looking at him.

"Minyoung-"

"I don't want to argue with you.", you said quietly. "Please leave."

With a disappointed  look in his eyes, he left your home.

You went back to your couch and sighed deeply. 

*Today nothing goes right, hm?*, you thought bitterly and closed your eyes for the th time.


                                                                                                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you mad at me?", was the first question of Junhyun when he saw you walking to the cafeteria.

"I'm not.", you said honestly. "Are you mad at me?"

"How could I pabo?", he said and laughed afterwards. "I could never be mad at you."

"Me neither.", you said and a little smile appeared on your face.

"Then let's go and-", he stopped when his phone started ringing. He read unhappyly his text message. 

"Yoseob and Gikwang are fighting.", he said and groaned. "I'll be right back!", he said before running of.

*I hope so.*, you thought before entering the cafeteria. Honestly, you were a little scarred to see Kris. Would he be mad? Or disappointed? Or would he laugh with his friends at you?

You took your food and sat down in a corner of the cafeteria where less people could see you.

Suddenly a little shadow appeared and you were surprised to see one of Kris friends infront of you.

"Hey.", he greeted and looked curious in your eyes. His eyes were sparkling.

"Hello.", you whispered back.

"Do you mind if I sit here?", he asked friendly and you nodded your head.

"I mind. Please go.", you whispered again, already feeling the tension in your body creeping up.

"It won't take long, I promise.", he said and raised one hand, like he was swearing.

"It's not because of you.", you said honestly. "I just...can't. You know that. Please go.", you took a deep breath to calm yourself.

He looked helplessly around before he got an idea.

"Ok, I'll leave then. Bye.", he said and left you alone. *Thank god.*, you thought and calmed yourself.

You were sure that he wanted to talk about Kris, but you were happy he didn't had the chance to.

You looked around for awhile and saw everyone sitting on their seats in the cafeteria but you were wondering where Kris could be.

*I didn't really hurt him, did I?*


                                                                                                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~

You walked to your locker and opened it. A white paper flew towards your feets and you took it. It was a letter, written with a smooth handwritting.

Dear Minyoung, 

I don't really know what happened between you and Kris, but the thing I know is that he feels miserable.

I don't know what happened on your date, since he wouldn't tell me, but since yesterday he has locked up himself in his room.

I don't know what to say, but I'm really sorry for him. But I'm sure he already told you the same when he upsetted you.

I know it's much to ask for, but can't you talk to him? Or at least forgive him? He tried really hard to become friends with you.

He's really a good person, even if he doesn't talk much or shows any emotions.

I'm begging you.

Xiumin.



                                                                                                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Kris was laying on his bed. Everything was dark but he didn't mind. Darkness was his whole life present, so why should he complain?

For a moment he had closed his eyes and had immagined you. Only thinking of your face let the darkness disappear. But he shouldn't be so selfish and feel happy. He had killed two innocent people and hurted you. He should just continuing suffering in the darkness like he always did.

A light knock appeared from the door but he refused to budge. It knocked again and he groaned annoyed.

"Leave me alone!", he said loud, but the person knocked again and he took a deep breath to calm him, when suddenly a smell hit him.

*No...impossible.*, he rushed to the door and opened it rapidely.

"Hello Kris.", you greeted with a shy voice. He just started at you in disbelieve. Was he dreaming? Was she really in his house? *Is she really here?*

"Your friend told me that you don't feel good. He says it's partly because of me...is it true?", you asked him.

He gulped hardly. He was afraid to move, to speak, even to blink because he thought you would disappear any moment.

""I'm sorry.", he heard you apologize. "I didn't mean to hurt you.", you said honestly.

"Then don't do it.", he heard himself whisper.

You kept quiet for awhile. "I'm scared.", you whispered to yourself

"Don't be.", he said serious. "I won't hurt you." *In any kind of way.*

"You won't be able to bear with me.", you pointed out.

"Let's see."

"You'll regret it."

He shook his head at your stubborness. "You already told me that."

"Are you really sure?", you asked him again and he nodded his head serious.

"Then...would you like to date me Kris?", you asked him. 

With a bright smile he nodded his head. Seeing him smiling like this took your breath away. In this moment Kris was the most beautiful person you've ever seen in your entire life.

He pushed you closer to him and hugged you. *How can I be so lucky?*, he thought to himself.

*Maybe...I do like him...*, a little, but happy smile appeared on your face.

Kris raised his head to see Xiumin standing a few footsteps away. "Thank you.", he mouthed Xiumin what made the elder smile.

"No problem.", he mouthed back and disappeared to leave the fresh new couple alone.