Chapter 19

The Wolf And His Hunter

"NO!", you screamed in your sleep and woke immediately up. You breathed heavy and looked around in panic.

Xiumin entered your room. "X-Xiumin?", you stuttered. "Where am I? What is-"

"Psssh. Calm down, Minyoung.", he said gently and patted your head. "Everything's going to be ok."

You tried hard to calm yourself by taking deep breaths.

Xiumin rubbed his hands nervously. "Do you remember what happened?", he asked carefully.

"There was a boy...he was stabbed with a wooden pole by two strangers and then there was a wolf and...Kris.", you shook your head confused. "I don't understand. What's happening..."

"Ok, Minyoung. I'm going to tell you something about our world. Please don't flip out, arasso?"

"Our world? What are you talking about?", you looked confused at him.

"Look.", he sighed deeply. "Do...Do you believe in fairy tales?"

"Xiumin, what-"

"Fairytales are true, Minyoung.", said Xiumin slowly. "Almost everything is true."

When you didn't say a word, he continued talking without looking at you.

"The sagas about witches, vampires and wolfs...they're true."

When he looked back to you,  you were staring at him like he had lost his mind.

"You don't believe me, do you?"

"No, of course I don't! Xiumin this is nonsense! Fairy tales are NOT real! Anyway, where am I and why are you-AAAAAH!", you screamed when Xiumin's eyes suddenly changed from brown into red.

"Oh god.", you jumped from the bed, backing away.

"See.", he whispered, his eyes turning back to brown. "I'm not lying."

"W-What are you?", you stuttered in fear. When he was about to apporach you, you screamed: "Don't come closer!"

He stopped in his tracks and looked sadly down. "What are you?", you repeated, this time firmer.

"I'm...I'm a wolf.", he confessed. "A werewolf to be exactly."

"A werewolf?", you repeated not believing what he was saying even though you saw his red eyes. He nodded his head.

He was about to say something else when suddenly Luhan burst in.

"Morning princess!", he greeted you with a fake friendly smile. "Did you sleep well?"

You took some steps back when Luhan came closer to you. 

"Oh! Did you tell her?", Luhan asked Xiumin and he nodded.

"Great. Then welcome to our world, princess!", he clapped his hands.

"What are you?", you asked him.

"I'm a wolf, princess, like all of us.", he explained.

*All of you?*, you thought.

"With 'all of us' you mean...?"

"Xiumin, me, Chen,  Lay, Tao and of course your supi dubi lover Kris.", Luhan sat down on the bed you had been lying seconds ago.

"K-Kris?", you stuttered.

"Yeah, that's right. He told us that you saw him changing from a wolf to his human form."

You clapped your hand over your mouth. So it wasn't a dream. You really saw Kris changing from a wolf to a human. But this is impossible? How could they be wolves? But then again how could they change their eye colour?

"W-Where's Kris?", you asked. You would only believe him. You could only believe him.

"He uhm...he's busy.", said Xiumin without looking at you.

"He left the house, because he doesn't want to see you.", informed you Luhan. You felt a little sting in your heart.

"H-He doesn't want to see me?", you started tearing up.

"No!", exclaimed Xiumin, hitting Luhans head. "He...he just needs time to think, Minyoung."

"About what?", you asked, your tears already rolling down your cheek.

"What he should do with you. Since you know about our secret, he needs to-"

"Yah!", Xiumin raised his voice and suddenly you felt like you were standing in a fridge.

"Arasso, arasso, calm down. Aish.", Luhan raised his hands in defeat.

"W-Why is it so c-cold?", you shivered.

"Oh. Ha Ha. Sorry.", said Xiumin and all of sudden it was warm again.

*How did he...how could he...WHAT?!* you looked scared at their way.

"We have special abilities, princess.", said Luhan and raised his hand. Suddenly your feets didn't touched the ground anymore and you were lifted into the air.

You shrieked terrifide. "LET ME DOWN!"

"LUHAN!", Xiumin shouted and the room was freezing cold again.

"Ok.", Luhan pulled his hand down and you fell directly on your knees, since he had lifted you up quite high.

"Ooops. Sorry. My ability hasn't imporved yet.", Luhan 'apologized' and shrugged with his shoulder.

"You jerk!", Xiumin shouted at Luhan. "Minyoung", Xiumin was about to come closer to you when you lifted your hand.

"D-Don't come c-closer.", you stuttered, completely feared. "B-Bring me home. I-I want to g-go h-home. P-Please.", you pleaded.

"I'm sorry.", Xiumin whispered desprate. "But we can't let you go...not yet."

"W-Why?", you started crying again. "I-I won't tell anyone. Please. L-Let me go."

"I'm sorry.", Xiumin apologized again and bowed at you. "I'm really sorry.", he then took Luhan by his upper arm and dragged him out of the room. You could see Luhan waving you happyly a last time before they closed the door, locking it up.

"LET ME OUT!", you shouted desprate. "PLEASE! LET ME GO!", you started to sob uncontrollable until you fell once again asleep...


                                                                                                                     ~~~~~~~~~~

"How's she?", asked Kris Xiumin threw the phone.

"She won't eat.", said Xiumin with a desprate sigh. "She's afraid of us. We told her that we won't harm her, but she doesn't believe us. Every time we come near her she starts to shake or to cry and she won't touch the food."

Kris rubbed his eyes tiredly.

"We can't lock her up anymore, Kris. She'll go mad.", Xiumin said sadly. "3 days have passed and she was locked up in this room. It's like prison, we can't-"

"We have to.", interrupted Kris. "The hunters have laid an eye on her. If we let her go, she'll be in danger."

"I know.", Xiumin took a deep breath. "Can't you come and see her?"

"I can't."

"Don't do this to you or to her, Kris.", said Xiumin softly. "She can't take it anymore. Minyoung is scared, Kris. She needs you right now. She won't believe any of us. She'll only believe you."

"She'll be too afraid to believe me.", said Kris desprate. *I don't want to see her being scared of me.*

"Then what do you want? Let her suffer and getting mad? Don't only think about yourself, but also about her-"

Kris hung up. He was sick of hearing Xiumin's advises. He couldn't see you. Not now nor later.

Thinking about your shocked expression when you saw him changing from a wolf to a human, hurted him.

And how should he face you? One year has passed since you two saw each other directly. Of course, Kris had kept an eye on you. The house you were in was near the national border, so he could easly come and look for you. He was sorry that he just left you like this, but it was for the best. But even without him you managed to get in danger again. You were now complety in his world, since the hunters have laid an eye on you.

*What to do?*, he thought desprate and ruffled his hair furiously.


                                                                                                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Please Minyoung. Eat something.", pleaded Xiumin. "4 days have passed and you didn't eat."

"Let me go home.", you cried in a corner of the room. "I want to go home."

"Please eat first."

"Why me? Why me? Wae?", you sobbed. Xiumin was hurting by looking at your pathetic state.

"Yah! Just eat the damn food!", shouted Luhan and raised his hand, slowly lifting you up.

"NO! LET ME DOWN!", you shrieked terrifide.

He waved his hand and you came closer to them. You fell right infront of them, quite rough.

You groaned in pain and held your aching back.

"Oh no, Minyoung!", Xiumin was about to help you up, but you pushed him away.

"Don't...touch...me.", you said between deep breaths.

"Eat now before I'm going to-", Luhan started, but Xiumin interrupted him by grabbing his collar furiously.

"If you dare to do this once again, I'm going to freeze you for the next 20 years, arasso?", Xiumin said slowly, but very angry.

But Luhan just pushed Xiumin away. "Why do we have to play babysitter anyway while the others are happily in China, enjoying their lifes?! I'm sick of this! Just because of her", he pointed to you who was sitting again in one of the corners of the room, far away from them "we might be in danger! I'm sick of her!"

"It's not her fault!", shouted Xiumin now. "She's just unlucky.", he whispered.

"Unlucky? Unlucky?! My ! She's just-"

"Out!", they heard a too familiar voice demand. Xiumin and Luhan looked behind them, seeing Kris standing there with a red face.

He walked closer to them, his face getting more upset by each step.

"How can you dare using your ability to hurt her?", asked Kris with his deep voice.

Luhan looked guilty down.

"Out now. Both of you. Before I'm going to..", he didn't even bothered to finish his sentence. Luhan and Xiumin immediately left the house, leaving you with Kris alone.


Kris expression immeditaly changed when he saw you sitting in the corner, hugging your legs and hiding your face.

He took the plate with food which was on the ground and walked slowly closer to you.

"Hey.", he whispered. You didn't looked up, infact you started to shake.

"Hey.", Kris slightly nudged you by your sleeve. You jerked up by the sudden touch and surprise crossed your face when you saw suddenly Kris infront of you.

A year. A damn year has passed since you two had seen each other. 

No one can discribe the feeling you had after finally seeing him. But the question was, shouln't you be afraid? Wasn't he also a werewolf like the other two with a special ability?

Just like you, Kris also didn't say a word. He just looked at you. His heart was hurting when he saw how pale and scared you look. Your deep eye rings showed that you didn't sleep well in these days.

"Eat", he said softly and raised the spoon with rice, but you just looked at him.

"Eat", he repeated. "Say aaah", he whispered. Slowly tears rolled down your cheek. He did the same thing he did before leaving you, when everything was still ok. Telling you to eat, feeding you. 

"Don't cry.", he looked at the ground. "Please don't cry." He clenched his hands into tight fists, trying to endure the pain that was also overcoming him.

"I know that you're afraid of me but please don't-"

He suddenly felt your weak arms around his waist, sobbing at his shoulder.

"I-I missed y-you.", you managed to stutter until you completly broke down in Kris' arms.