Chapter 24

The Wolf And His Hunter

You were starring at Kris' back while he was doing your dinner.

"Why are you staring?", he asked without turning to you. 

You hesistated for a bit before you answered: "I'm worried"

He slightly turned his head to you while you continued whispering: "I...I don't know what to think. You told me that these people, the hunters, are after me and the vampires. How am I supposed to live now? Can I continue with the life I used to live? Probably not", you sighed and a tear escaped your eyes.

"And what about Junhyun and unnie? I just left without saying anything. They're surely worried about me", you stopped talking when you felt Kris wipping your tears away.

"Don't cry", he whispered. "I will do everything to protect you from these people so don't be afraid or worry too much. I'm here and Exo M is here. Nothing will ever happen to you.", he sighed afterwards. "And because of your friends...I'm really sorry. I never wanted you to leave your life you lived, but it's for your best and for their best"

You know what he was right, but you were really missing them. Especiall Junhyun, the one who was your everything to you before Kris.

But could you forgive yourself, if something would ever happen to Junhyun? Never.

You looked at Kris who was looking guiltyly at you. He was really sorry. He never wanted this for you. A life where you had to hide from creatures you only knew from bed time storys, but it was the only way to protect you.


"Kris", you called out.

"Hmmm?"

"Tell me something about you?", you pleaded him. He stiffened. "I want to know you Kris"

"What you know is already enough",he said. "I'm a wolf and my ability is speed."

"Yes", you nodded your head. "But what about your family? Do you...do you have parents?", you asked him hesistantly.

He had an unreadable look in his eyes, which scared you.

"I have", he whispered.

"What for people are they?", you asked friendly.

"They...they are different", he closed his eyes for awhile remembering his parents.





Flashback



"You are Wu Yifan", said his father stern. "You are going to be the leader of the Exo pack, together with Joonmyun!"

His father pulled Kris by his hair.

"You can't show any mercy! You're a wolf, you're a leader! Mercy is weakness! We hunt and we kill!", he shoved Kris towards 9 year old human girl.

She was in the same age as Kris. The girl was shaking in fear. 12 young boys in her age were infront of her, while a man and a woman were scolding the prettiest one.

She saw the boys changing into wolves and killing her parents. Only one was in his human form and starring at the girl.

"Come on let me help you", he said to her, but she shook her head and cried.

"They'll hurt you if you don't come", the 9 year old Kris said. "Let me help you to escape"

With shaky legs she stood up. 

"I'm going to change into a wolf now", Kris said. "You have to climb on my back and hold on me tightly, ok? I'm going to run", he warned her.

She nodded her head again, before Kris changed into a pretty white wolf.

At first, she was shocked to see something like this happen, but when she heard the growls from the other wolves, she hurriedly, jumped on his back and hold onto his fur for her dear life.

Kris started to run, but they didn't come far. He's father was standing infront of them, with his merciless eyes.


The girl was now tied up, shut with a tape.

"Do you see that girl?", his father asked. "she's scum!", he shouted. "She's a human girl who wouldn't be afraid to kill you if she had the chance to!"

"But she's just a little girl!", Kris argued, what got him a slap from his father.

"Her parents were hunters you idiot!", he shouted. "Do you want to let that...that thing go, just because she's a little girl? She'll kill you, she'll kill all of us, when she's old enough"

"U-Uncle", Xiumin stuttered. "C-Can't we let her go-"

"Are you stupid?", yelled now Kris mother. "She's the descendant of the hunters you killed! Of course she has to die!"

"I have enough!", Kris father looked angry at his son.

"Kill her. Now", he said and shoved Kris to the girl once again

"B-But father...", Kris stuttered afraid.

"Don't father me, Yifan! Everyone of the Exo K pack killed somone, even Luhan. You and the rest are the only one who were to afraid to kill someone, but we are ending it now!"

"You are the leader and as the leader you have to show no mercy. You're going to lead Exo M and Exo K. Kill or get killed!", he took the tape harshly from the girl's mouth.

"Last words, you scum?", asked Kris mother with a stoic expression.

But the girl was to scarred to even utter a word.

"I think that's a no. Yifan", his father said and Kris walked closer to the girl.

"I-I-I'm sorry", Kris whispered to the girl. "I...I do it fast", he said to the girl and changed into a wolf.

He looked at her wide, innocent eyes.

"Umma", were the last words of the girl, before Kris opened his wide wolf's mouth... 



End Flashback



"They are nice people, aren't they?", you smiled at him. "They raised you so well, I'm sure they are really, really kind"

Kris wanted to say how his parents really are. Rough, mean, full with hate, but he didn't wanted to scare you. 

He just kept quiet and starred at the food you were supposed to eat.

"Here", Kris gave you the plate with food and you gratefully accepted it. 

Suddenly you remembered Xiumin's words.

"But Kris", you started again. "A-About earlier, I-I-I"






*BANG* *BANG* *BANG*



In an incredible speed you were suddenly in the bedroom. Kris was hovering above you with wide eyes.

"Kris-"

"Stay here. Don't move until I'm back."

And in a blink of an eye, he was gone. You looked confused around, but seconds after you heard the gun shots again.

*Please be safe Kris*, you folded your hands in fear. *Please be safe*



                                                                                                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Kris changed into a wolf when he ran out of the house.

He howled for s, when he saw the people he hated the most: The hunters.

"Wuhu, we have the leader here!", said the one with the round face. They were 5.

"Maybe it's going to be easier as we thought", another one with thick eyebrows said, pointing his gun cooly at Kris.

"Wait!", said suddenly the guy with the stoic expression, their leader. "Was it him who took the girl?", asked their leader.

"Yes, it was him", said the one who looked a bit like a panda.

"We should kill him and rescue the girl", he said and pointed his gun at Kris.

"No", said suddenly their leader. "It'll be a hard fight with these damn wolves", he said.

Suddenly the whole Exo M pack ran towards Kris, forming an unit.

"If we fight now, we'll distroy the house she's in and we might kill her too", said the leader. "That's not our intention"

"But she's envolved with these wolves!", said the one with the round face.

"Maybe they are forcing her to stay with them", said one with a mohawk. "She's just their victim", he said end eyed the wolves with disgust.

"Since you bastards are so sly to keep that poor girl everytime near you", said the mohawk boy. "We are letting you go again this time. But we'll come back and hunt you down"

With that he turned around and left. The others followed him, but the leader stayed behind. He was starring at the house you were hidding in.

He heard Kris growl threatenly, but the leader didn't even bother to look at him.

"Well be back", he said finally and also left the wolves.




Tao was the first one who changed back into his human form.

"Hyungs...", he said slowly, eyeing the way the hunters left.

Kris changed back and walked rapidly into the house. He opened the bedroom door where you were sitting on the floor, your hands folded and your eyes closed.

He walked to you and took your hands in his.

You slowly opened the your eyes and smiled when you saw him.

"You are back", you whispered happy. "You're ok, aren't you", you looked worriedly at his face. You looked down and gasped in shock, hiding your face in your hands.

"Why aren't you wearing anything?!", you shrieked and turned away.

You heard him opening the closets and  after 2 minutes you dared to open your eyes again.

Full clothed again, he was packing his bags.

"Kris?", you asked but he kind of ignored you. "Kris?", you stood up from the floor and walked over to him.

"What's wrong?", you asked him nervously.

He took your hand in his and looked desprately at you. "We need to go"

But instead of asking him why and where, you nodded your head.

"I trust you", you said and squeezed his hand. "So let's go"