Chapter 21

The Wolf And His Hunter

Everything was cold and dark. Kris had left you. Again.

When Kris left the first time you were able to handle it.

*He'll come back.*, were your first thoughts. *He'll be back soon.*

But after some months you finally understood that Kris wouldn't come back to you.

*I was a burden.*, you told yourself. *I was too much for him.*

*But it's ok. If he's happy like this, I can go on living too. He's one of these people who come and pass by.*

You cried every night, feeling so weak and restless, but you learned to handle the pain and sadness. Somehow you were able to handle it.

You already felt this kind of pain when your parents left you. But you were able to handle it with one thought: 

*They won't come back to leave me*

Knowing that they won't come back easiered you a bit. If they would come back and leave you again, you wouldn't be able to go on. Losing a person one time is already enough, but twice? Not bearable.

But Kris came back. Even though your hope was gone, he was really back. 

And now he left.

Again.

It felt like the air had been knocked out of your chest. He just turned his back on you and walked away.

The thought of him never coming back is unbearable now.

You closed your eyes firmly and held the pillow of the bed tightly onto you. 

But.. why do you have to bear with it? He's here! Right here! You can do something about it.

You whipped your tears away and took a deep breath.

*I want him back.*, you thought, what made you feel less weak.

*I want him back.*, you repeated to yourself. *He said himself that he doesn't want to let me go.*, assuring yourself you took another breath and clenched your hands into tight fights.

"I'll fight for him.", you whispered your final desicion.



                                                                                                                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How's she?", asked Kris Xiumin threw the phone.

"She's eating.", he answered relieved. Kris heathed a deep sigh. *Finally*

"She wants to see you."

Kris grip on the phone got tighter. "I can't.", he whispered.

Xiumin sighed annoyed before deciding. "I'm letting her go."

"WHAT?!", Kris exclaimed, shouting into the phone.

"I won't toture her and lock her up in this damn room of yours. She'll go mad or even insane.  You want her to stay? Handle her and-", Xiumin was suddenly cut off.

"Xiumin?", asked Kris, but there was no reply. After a while Kris heard another voice speaking into the telephone. 

"Kris", he heard you softly whisper. He didn't respond...he couldn't.

"I stay here if you want me to.", he heard you say. "I won't go anywhere if you don't want me to. Just...Just come here ok."

There was still no answer from him, so Xiumin took the phone out of your hand.

"Come here and see her Kris. I won't force her anymore to stay in this room. The door is open and if she wants to go, she can.", said Xiumin with finality.

"You moron.", whispered Kris dangerously. "The hunters are after her, probably also the damn vampire friends of this bastard they killed! Xiumin, if you dare-"

The line was cut off. By itself Kris legs started to run to his house. He changed into his wolfsform. He was sure that Xiumin will let you go, but who'll be there to make sure that you'll stay safe? 

He ran faster and was finally at his house. Kris stoped one meter away from Xiumin, growling dangerously at him.

"She's still in there.", Xiumin said emotionless. "She said she'll wait until you come. She wants a explaination from you."

Xiumin walked closer the wolf and locked eyes with him. "You wanted her. You wanted to wait for her. She came back. Now she's waiting for you. Don't disappoint her." 

And with that Xiumin also changed into a wolf and left Kris alone.

In despaire Kris started to howl into the sun which was setting. He heard your footsteps coming closer to the door. Instead of walking away and hiding himself he wanted you to see him in his wolf form. You needed a shock to understand what was going on right now.You feel save when he's near you? You're not afraid? You want to wait for him? Bull! He'll make you understand.

You slowly pulled the doorknob down and opened the door. You took a quick peek not believing what you were seeing infront of you.

There was a big white  wolf infront of you. And with big you mean as tall as a horse. And with white you mean as white as the first snow.

At first you screamed and shut the door firmly, but then you remembered. There was a white wolf who saved you from these strange guys.

You opened the door again. The wolf was still standing there, looking at you. You looked back without blinking one time. *The eyes!*, your mind shouted. *They are red!*

You bit your lips unsecure. The thing you knew was that this wolf wasn't a normal wolf. He would have killed you already, when he was a real wolf.

So it had to be Kris or one of his friends.

You took an unsure step forward. Suddenly the wolf started to growl and fleched his teeths.

You held your breath. Would this wolf kill you? But the wolf didn't do a thing. He just stood there with an menacing look.

You took one more step and he growled louder....but he wasn't attaking you.

The red eyes of the wolf were now more visible since you got closer. You recognized him now.

"K-Kris?", you unsurely whispered. You saw surprise in the wolfs eyes.

"I-Is it you?", you took another step forward, five meters away from the wolf.

Bravely you took some other steps until you finally reached the wolf only a meter away from him.

The white wolf was still standing there, looking at you with a hurt expression.

"It's really you.", you whispered, not noticing that you were already crying. "You came back."

The wolf whimpered and his giant head looked down. Slowly you raised your hand and caressed his fury carefully. He looked up to you.

You were smiling while tears rolled down your cheek. Without any hesistation you hugged his big wolf head.

"You're here. You're back.", you sobbed into his fury. The wolf whimpered and you hugged him tightly.

"Now I'm ok. Now I am.", he heard you say and also closed his eyes, feeling warmth he didn't felt for a long long time.



                                                                                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


You were inside the house again, waiting for Kris to come.

Minutes ago, he wiggled free from your embrace and pushed you lightly towards the door. He locked eyes with you for a while before he ran off.

But this time you were sure: He'll come back.

Patiently you waited for him while hugging your knees.

After 15 minutes Kris opened slowly the door and walked towards you, immediately taking you in his arms.

You two didn't say a word and just stayed there for a moment. The feeling of peace enveloped you two.

Kris slowly pulled you back. He was looking at you with a sad smile.

"I don't know if I should be happy that you're not afraid of me.", he broke the silence.

You just looked at him. Just now you felt how much you missed him. Feeling his warmth while hugging his broad shoulders. You missed his smile and his beautiful, beautiful eyes.

"I missed you.", you said without thinking. Kris sad smile slowly turned into a amused smile.

"You just saw me yesterday."

"But you left."

"And for that I'm really really sorry.", he said and sighed deeply. "I need a lot to explain to you.", he said and guided you to the couch.

"I'm a wolf.", he began. "As you already know Xiumin and Luhan are also wolfs. But not only them. The rest of my friends are too. We six are the EXO- M pack."

"How's this possible?", you whispered more to yourself.

"How is it possible that humans exsist? Are you all  coming from monkeys or did the glory hand of a god made you? These are questions I can't answer. I just know that I'm here and that you're too."

"And I was never happier than that.", you said seriouse and locked eyes with him. He stared back for a moment before looking away.

Suddenly one question came into your head.

"Who was this guy who was stabbed by these strange other boys?", you asked him confused.

You shuddered at the memory.

"The guy who was killed was a dirty vampire. I'm so ing thankful to these damn hunters that they saved you."

"Kris.", you lightly scolded him for his words.

"Sorry.", he apologized. "But do you know how lucky you were?", he asked. "This damn vampire was about to seduce you Minyoung."

You frowned at him. "But I thought vampires drink blood. Why does he have to seduce me?"

"Yes, vampire drink blood, but they need the allowance of the human they want to drink from.", explained Kris with a tight voice.

"A witch cast a spell on them. They can use their power to seduce or to force human to give them their blood."

"Can't they just bite people?"

"They can, but after that the blood will have a strange kind of taste that the vampire won't be able to drink." Kris sighed tiredly. "But if the damn vampire bite you without your premission his life depends on you."

You frowned, not understanding what Kris was trying to say.

"When a vampire bites a human without his premission the human will die if the vampire did and the vampire will if the human did."

You nodded your head. "But doesn't the saga say that vampire live forever until-"

"They do.", interupted you Kris. "But the human doesn't."

"So the vampire needs the premission if he wants to live."

Kris nodded and looked at you. "You were really in danger."

"I would never allow a vampire to bite me.", you protested. "Even if he tried to seduce me"

"But he can also force you.", Kris looked intensivly at you. "He can hold you on your spot. So no matter how cold or hot, how sick or healthy, he'll let you suffer."

You shruddered. 

"But you're safe now.", Kris assured you and pulled you closer to him. "Thanks to these bastards."

"Who were they?", you asked him.

"These bastards who saved you are...are the hunters.", Kris tighten his grip on you.

"Hunters? Hmmm", you thought for a while. "So these hunters hunt vampires?"

"Yes...", Kris said slowly.

"That's good...I guess.", you said and looked up to him. "Vampires are the bad ones, right?"

"Even though they are the bad ones, is it ok to kill a breathing and living being?", asked Kris himself.

You slowly shook your head "Of course not. I'm sorry."

"It's ok.", Kris gave you a gentle smile.

"But what about you?"

Kris froze slightly. "What about me?"

Unsurely you started to play with your fingers. "I mean, you are a w-werewolf...I-I would like to kn-know somthing about y-you."

Kris sighed deeply. "For example?"

"I thought...well...that werewolfs can only change at fullmoon."

Kris straightened his back at the mention of the fullmoon. "No. We can change whenever we want."

"Oh.", you nodded. "So you have controll about yourself from changing from a human to a wolf."

"I'm not human, Minyoung.", Kris said seriously.

"B-But-"

"No.", Krs said with finality.

You look sadly up to him, but he wouldn't meet your eyes. He had stiffen visible.

"How...how is it like to be a wolf?", you asked him.

"It's the most horribal thing in the world.", he answered. "Death is even better.", he chuckled bitterly.

"Please don't say this.", you whispered sadly. "Don't talk about you dying."

Finally Kris looked at you. "I never want you to die.", you whispered and clenched your fists. Tears escaped your eyes and Kris whipped them gently away. "Don't cry.", he whispered and took your fists in his hands.
He gently kissed your hands and a little, but sad smile appeared on his face.

"You care too much for me.", he started to open your fists. *You wouldn't care for me, if you would know the truth.*

"Kris", you softly called out. "I see that you don't want to talk about yourself  now, but that's ok. I can wait.", an assuring smile spread over your face. "I can wait."

Kris took you in his arms and hugged you tightly. This is everything he wanted in his life. Feeling at peace and happy.