Chapter 23

The Wolf And His Hunter

"Soooo?", Tao started and wiggled his eyebrows.

You looked confused up from your plate and looked at him.

Exo M and you were sitting in the living room, eating.

"Well, when are you going to move in?", asked Tao with a wide smile.

"TAO!", shouted Kris, but you just blinked confused at him.

"Why should I move in?", you asked Tao curiously.

"Well, you are now Kris hyung's other half and-"

"TAO!", Kris shouted again, slamming his chopstick on the table. You looked startled at Kris. Why was he shouting like that?

"What do you mean Tao? What's an other half?" You looked around the table to see everyone blushing lightly and scratching embarrassed their heads.

"Nothing. Forget it.", said Kris. "Do you want some rice?", he tried to change the topic.

"Doesn't seem like nothing.", you said and looked again to the others.

"Has it something to do with you being a...a wolf?", you whispered and everyone stiffened a bit.

They all looked down to their plates. Is she ready for it?

Suddenly you heard someone chuckling from the side. You looked to your left to see Luhan standing on the door frame. He had a smirk on his face what you didn't like at all.

"Come on leader. She accepted you as a wolf. Shouldn't you tell her now what being with you means for her?"

"Luhan", Xiumin said slowly, a light threat swinging in his voice.

"What? It's true though.", he looked at Kris with an angry frown. "No one wanted to listen to me, so someone has to tell her."

"What's going on?", you asked in the round, not liking their tensed faces.

"Nothing.", Kris said with gritted teeths. "That's enough Luhan. Leave if you don't have something else to say."

"I have a lot to say, since you refuse to.", Luhan now looked directly at you, making you shake in fear.

Before Luhan could even say a word, Kris was all of sudden infront of him and grabbed him by his collar.

"We are going out. Now.", and shoved Luhan out of the house.




Shocked you looked the way Kris and Luhan disappeared. "H-How d-did h-he...", you stuttered with wide eyes.

A second ago Kris was right next to you and in the other second he was infront of Luhan? How was this possible?

"This is our leaders ability.", said Lay slowly and looked at your shocked face. "His ability is speed."

"S-Speed?", you repeated. With shaking hands you took your glass and took a sip of the water you had.

"Did Kris tell you anything about us?", Xiumin asked carefully. You shook your head and he sighed. 

*Here goes our leader again*, he thought and decided to tell you some things.

"You need to know some things.", said Xiumin and looked at who were nodding their heads in agreement.

"First our abilities: You already know my and Luhan's ability. I can freeze everything I want to and Luhan can move everything he wants to. Lay is able to heal people and Tao is able to travel in time. Well and Chen is able to controll and creat thunders."

You looked at them with wide eyes. Travel in time? Healing people? Thunders? Wow, this was unbelievable.

"It's quiet hard to believe, isn't it.", said Lay with a nice smile. You nodded slowly your head.

"You'll get use to it.", said Tao encouraging. "Since you're Kris hyung's other half-"

"Tao!", Xiumin barked and glared at the maknae.

"Can you explain me what an other half is?", you asked them all. When everyone looked away you added a begging "Please."

Xiumin sighed. He knew that Kris won't tell you anything. But maybe...maybe it would be better if you knew it. It'll help Kris! His leader was just a coward to tell you about it. Xiumin looked at .

"Can you leave me and Minyoung alone?", he asked them. They all looked surprised at their hyung.

"But hyung-"

"Please", Xiumin said pressed and they knew that they should obey. Right after Kris, Xiumin was the powerfullst member and the oldest. They had to listen to him.

They stood slowly up and walked out of the room, leaving you and him alone.

"Minyoung", Xiumin started with a deep frown. "Do you love our leader?"

You looked surprised at him.

"Because our leader does. He really loves you. That's why he want to keep you safe from everything bad. Encluding our world."

You listen to Xiumin patiently.

"He doesn't tell you anything because he's scared that you might get hurt. But already being with us is a big danger that you're facing. These people...the hunters, they are probably after you and so are the vampires whose friend they killed. We are trying to keep you save, but we are only doing this because you are-or will be, our leader's other half"

He continued with his explaination when he saw your confused face. 

"Being the other half of a wolf means to be his lover, his everything. You have to give him everything you have to become his other half."

"What should I give him?", you asked Xiumin.  "I have nothing to give him", you frowned sadly. Does that mean that you couldn't be his other half?

"I don't mean any objects, Minyoung", said Xiumin and looked away. "With everything I mean yourself."

"Myself? What do you mean? How should I give him-Oh.", you understood what he meant when you saw him blushing madly.

He nodded his head when he saw that you realized what he was saying.

"I...I have to sleep with him to become his other half?", you asked him slowly, assuring your thought. He nodded again.

"Can't we just be how we are now? Does it really matter if I...I s-sleep with him?, you stuttered. To be honest, yes, you were still a and you were really afraid to give yourself to him. You always saw yourself as ugly and not being worthy for anything or anyone. You were scared of the thought of showing Kris your body.

"It does", Xiumin whispered. "B-But you'll help him.", he said.

"Help?", you looked at him irritated. "How could I help him if I...well, yes."

Xiumin fought with himself if he should tell you or not. Kris would probably kill him, but it'll help him in the end and as his hyung Xiumin should do everything to help his dongsaeng.

"If you give yourself to him, he won't be in pain anymore."

"In pain? Why is he in pain?!", you paniced. Kris shouldn't be in pain! You would do everything for him to be happy and good.

"The-The fullmoon", Xiumin took a deep breath. "On fullmoon we are in pain", whispered Xiumin and closed his eyes.

"All of you?"

He nodded his head.

"Everyone has a destined partner and if you're really Kris other half he won't be in pain anymore."

"But what if I'm not? What if I'm not his other half?", you asked nervously.

"You have to try."

"But what if I fail?"

*You'll die.*, he thought and looked sadly down. "Then he'll still be in pain.", he whispered, hiding the truth.

You looked nervously at your lap. So you had to give yourself to Kris to save him from pain. But there was no security that you'll be the right one for him.

"Please think of it, Minyoung.", said Xiumin pressed. "I'm sure that you're the right one and so are the others. I know it's too much to ask for...but think of it."

You nodded slowly but unsure your head.

"I'll talk to-"

"PSH!", Xiumin hushed you and put his finger on his lips. "They are coming.", he mouthed and cleared his throat.

"I'm happy that you're good at school!", said Xiumin loud. "You'll probably end as a doctor!", he started to laugh and you looked confused at him until you heard the door opening.

"We are going.", said an angry Kris and took you hand. You looked behind him to see Luhan with the same anger written on his face.

You didn't ask Kris any further and bowed to Xiumin. "Goodbye Xiumin."

"Bye Minyoung.", he waved and you and Kris left the house.





"Did you fight with Luhan?" you asked after awhile.

"Not really. We argued, but it's ok.", he smiled softly at you. "Are you happy that you met them?"

"I am.", you said with the same smile, but your smile slowly faded when you remembered your conversation with Xiumin.

"Kris", you started but stopped yourself.

"Yes?", he asked and caressed your cheek.

"Nothing.", you bit your lip and faked a smile afterwards. "Nothing."