Chapter 18

The Wolf And His Hunter

Kris walked you silently home.

"Hey", you nudged him lightly. "Are you ok?"

He nodded his head and smiled assuringly at you. "See you tomorrow.", he leaned in and kissed you softly.

"Wait!", you said and held his hand. "I already said it a million times, but thank you Kris. Thank you for being by my side.", you smiled at him. 

But Kris looked rather sadly at you then happy.

"Are you really ok, Kr-", but you couldn't finish your sentence since Kris pulled you roughly against him.

"Kris?", you whispered confused.

"Sleep well, Minyoung.", he whispered and kissed your forehead tenderly before leaving.


                                                                                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~


"Did you broke up with her?", asked Luhan, holding his bag in his hand.

Without any respond Kris passed him and took his bags.

"Don't be an , Luhan. Just not for today, arasso?", requested Xiumin with a firm voice. "It's hard for him, so don't push it."

For once Luhan really listened to Xiumin and kept quiet.

They had packed everything and were ready to leave Korea.

"Are we going to walk?", Tao asked when Kris walked ahead from them. Lay silently nodded his head.

They all followed their leader until they reached the national border.

"Let's change.", Kris whispered, his first words since hours. They all changed into their wolfs form.

*Goodbye Korea.*, thought his friends before leaving.

*Goodbye Minyoung.", was Kris last thought before sprinting of, leaving Korea and Minyoung behind him.


                                                                                                                      ~~~~~~~~~~

Minyoung's POV


He left me. He left me without a word. Kris had left me.
In school they said that he and his friends went back to China. My teacher said that he doesn't know why exactly they left, but they did and there was no security that they would come back.
Why didn't he tell me? Why did he just leave me? Have I become a burden? But I thought we were happy! I thought we two were happy.

It hurts. It freaking hurts.Why? Why did he leave me?
Am I still not pretty enough? Am I still too weak?
But I overcame everything! My fear, my illness. We were ok, weren't we? Why is he gone?

It hurts. It freaking hurts!
Was Kris feeling the same when I left? Was he also hurting like this?
But I explained everything to him in a letter. He knew that I would come back.
But he left nothing. Absolutly nothing. His home was empty, like no one had ever lived there before.
Did maybe something happened? Did he had to leave? But no, he would have told me, I'm sure about that.

It's me. He left because of me.
I was a too big burden for him.
He's probably happy now in China and forgot about me.
I thought our relationship was strong, but it was surely just a game for him.
He never cared...but no, he did...or did he not?

I'm confused. I don't know what to think of feel anymore. Kris...why did you leave?


                                                                                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has been one year now since Kris had left me.

Everything went normally on. I went to school, found finally a part-time job and stayed healthy.

I had waited for Kris, but now I stopped. I wasn't expecting anything anymore. I just continued living even when my heart felt heavy. I wasn't stupid. I had also waited for my parents to return. Back then I was 6 and now I'm 19 , but they're still not back. But what am I expacting? Of course not. Dead people can't come back.

Like always I walked slowly home entering the forest.

It was november and snow was falling prettily from heaven.

*I hate snow.*, was my only thought while walking.

"Hello.", I heard someone say. I looked up to see a pretty boy infront of me. He wasn't wearing a jacket even though it was really cold. He had a little friendly smile on his lips.

I didn't replied and just looked at him. It was too strange to see a guy without a jacket infront of me, but it was even stranger that he was staying like a statue in a forest.

He apporached me slowly but I didn't step back...or let's better say, I couldn't. A strange force was holding me on  spot.

"You're pretty.", he said and slightly caressed my cheek. I shivered under his touch. He was so cold.

"What's your name?", he asked and even though I didn't wanted it, my mouth started move.

"Kang Minyoung."

"Pretty name for a pretty girl.", said the guy, continuing caressing my cheek with his thumb.

"My name is Nam Woohyun.", he introduced himself. "It's nice to meet you pretty Kang Minyoung."

"Why can't I move?", I asked him terrifide.

"Because I'm holding you on spot."

"How?", I whispred trying to move, but nothing. It is like I have frozen into a statue.

"I'll show you.", he whispered back and leaned in, kissing me softly. I wanted to scream and shout, pushing him and to run away, but nothing. My body wasn't listening to me.

He pulled slowly back with his eyes still closed. When he opened it, a gasp in shock escaped me.

His eyes...they were red.

"What are you?", I breathed, fear spreading threw my body. 

Before he could even reply a wooden pole went threw his body, directly threw his heart.

The boy fell on me, drenching me with his blood. I started to scream as loud as I could until someone put his hand on my mouth.

"Shut up!", the new male voice hissed, kicking the dead body away from me.

"OH GOD! GO AWAY! GO AWAY!", I screamed, trying to stand up. I was able to take a step back what was my cue to run. I started to run as fast as possible, not caring when I fell once in a while and scratched my legs.

All of sudden a new guy was infront of me. He was awfull familiar.

"You again?", he asked and looked with curious eyes at me. *Again?*, I looked terrifide at him *What does he mean with again? I never saw him before...did I?*

"Why is this girl always around danger?", asked a boy behind me, startling me. It was the same boy who had pierced the boy with the red eyes.

For no reason he was also familiar to me. "G-Go away.", I stuttered shaking. "Go away, you monsters!",I shouted.

"Monsters? We?", they two started laughing. "We saved your poor from the monster, honey."

"What are you and what was he?", I asked, barely able to breathe.

"Sorry, we can't answer you that.", said one of the guys and shrugged.

"But she has seen too much hyung, we can't let her go.", said the other one.

"Hmm...you're right. But we can't tell our other hyungs that we walked around to hunt."

"True ." They frowned at you.

"Let's just take her with us.", said the older one. "Last time she was together with the wolves and now with the vampire, maybe she has some important informations for us."

*Wolves...vampires? WHAT?!*

"You're really a genius, hyung!", said the younger and looked at you. "Come here, honey. Let's go to our hyungs."

"No!", I shouted and started to run again, but unfortunatly they were faster then me.

"Stop messing around and come here, honey.", he held me on my arm and roughly pulled me towards him.

Before I could scream again, the two boys were throwen back by something white. In a blink of an eye, something had pulled me by my bag, heving me up and ran as fastly as possible, making me feel dizzy. I didn't knew what was pulling me, but I felt strong breaths on my neck what irritated me completly.

*What is happening? Am I dreaming?*

After some minutes it finally slowed down and let go of my bag.  I fell on my feets,  turned fastly around to get the biggest shock of my live. A wolf was infront of me. A wolf as tall as a horse with white fur and red eyes was only inches away from me.

I was frozen, unable to move because of the shock.

But the wolf didn't come closer, he just looked at me. Why wasn't he trying to kill me? I stared in his eyes and they...they look sympathetically at me. What was happening??

Suddenly the wolf started slowly to change. Your eyes widen when the wolf transformed into a human boy.

I fell on my knees when I realized that it was no other but Kris infront of me.

"I'm sorry..", I could hear him whisper before I completly out.