Chapter 20

The Wolf And His Hunter

Kris kept his distance from you while he watched you slowly eating.

He glanced at you and saw you shaking while eating. He could sense how scared and broken you were now.

"Minyoung", he called out and you flinched. Unsure you looked up to him. He took a deep breath, trying to ignore his heart which was hurting by your scared stare.

"I...I", Kris stuttered but he wasn't able to continue. Your scared stare was hurting him too much. He stood up from the ground and was about to leave the room when he heard you say: "D-Don't go."

Clenching his fist desprate, he stopped in his tracks. 

"I'm scared.", you started and started to cry again. "I'm so confused. Why am I here? Why are Luhan and Xiumin holding me here? I want to go home...p-please"

Kris took deep breathes again. "You can't go."

"W-Why?"

"Because. Just stay put, arasso.", he said coldly.

You flinched at his cold tone. "I-Is Luhan doing all this?", you asked desprate.

"I-Is he maybe black-mailing you, too? Do you h-have to d-do this? Kris, I-", you stopped talking, confusion was giving you a strong headache. You held your head desprate. "What's happening?", you whispered but more to yourself.

"Luhan is not a bad guy.", said Kris. "Don't see him like this."

Kris turned to you with an unreadable face. "I'm going now. Eat the meals Xiumin hyung is giving you. Luhan won't come anymore if you're so scared of him."

When you didn't answered Kris continued walking to the door.

"I-Is it true?", you suddenly asked. 

Kris knew exactly what you meant, but he didn't say a word.

"You being a...a w-wolf. Is this true?", you finally asked him.

Kris turned slowly to you. You were finally on your feets, locking eyes with him.

"Don't ask things you can't handle, Minyoung.", Kris tried to say it cold, but it sound more desprate, what you noticed.

"S-So it is true?", you took some unsteady steps towards him.

"Don't!", Kris raised his hand and you stopped. "Don't come closer."

But you couldn't just stay put. You wanted to know the truth about Kris. Now. 4 days have passed and the only thing you were thinking was about Kris and this absorde thought of him being a wolf.

Couragely you took some more steps forward until you stood right infront of Kris.

He was standing there with crossed arms, never leaving your gaze.

Hesistately you slowly cupped his cheek and took a deep breath. "Can I...Can I see?"

Instead of answering, Kris closed his eyes and sighed deeply. When he opened his eyes, red gleaming pupils greeted you.

Your eyes widen, still not believing what you were seeing.

"Wow.", you suddenly said what startled Kris and yourself. Kris frowned at you unsurely but didn't dare to say a word.

"I-I'm sorry.", you apoligized, looking intensivly at him. "But...it's p-pretty", you whispered.

"W-What?", Kris finally asked, completely confused.

He saw you blushing and you looked embarrassed away, bringing your hands from his face.

"I-I-I", you stuttered. You took a step back, not knowing what to say. How stupid could a person be? Pretty? Seriously? In this situation?!

Suddenly you felt Kris pulling you back to him, roughly capturing your lips. Surprised, you widen you eyes. You didn't knew what to do. Kris was kissing you so hungryly that you also felt yourself weaken and closed your eyes, kissing him back.

His one hand was on your neck while his other hand was on your back. He started walking towards the bed. You were now lying under him.

After awhile he finally stopped, breathing uneven.

"Pabo.", he whispered, but before you could say something he kissed you again. Everything was twirling in your head.

He pulled back and gazed at you, looking confused at you.

"How?", he suddenly asked. You just looked at him.

"How can you not be scared? How?"

He was right. Why weren't you afraid? Was is it maybe because you already saw Luhans and Xiumins red eyes? But no, it wasn't that.

"Opposite.", you said, trying to calm your beating heart. "I feel save with you."

"I'm a wolf.", he disagreed.

"A wolf.", you repeated. 

"You have to be afraid.", he insisted.

"But I'm not."

He shook his head at you. "How can't you be? You were always rational, Minyoung. How can't you-"

"You're telling me to be rational, when I just found out that you're a wolf?", you asked him, what shutted him up.

"You left me.", you said after a break of silence.

"I know.", he just said.

"Why?"

"It was better like this."

You looked intensivly at the boy who was on top of you. Was this the same guy you dated a year ago? No. He wasn't. Even though, he looked cold and distance right now, you could see in his eyes that he was depsrate and fighting inwardly with something. 

Instead of saying something, you leaned forward to kiss his lips again, but after a few seconds Kris pulled back.

"Stop. Don't do this.", he said, firmly shutting his eyes.

By itself your hand caressed his cheek, trying to calm him. 

"No. Don't.", he said, but he still let you cares his cheek.

He looked so confused, it hurted you. "Talk to me.", you whispered also desprate.

"I...I don't know what to do Minyoung.", he finally said, his eyes still closed.

"You have to be as far away from me as possible, but then again...I don't want to let you go...not again."

"I...I don't understand.", you looked confused at him.

He slowly opened his eyes. His eyes were suddenly orange.

A smile appeared on your face. "Orange.", you caressed his cheek again. "Does the change of your eye colour mean something?"

"Yes.", Kris whispered and closed them again. When he opened his eyes, they were brown again.

He stood up from the bed and walked to the door.

"I have to go.", he said while walking.

"What? No!", you stood up rapidly and catched up with him. "Don't go.", you pleaded. "You have to explain me so many things." You laid your hand on his upper arm, but he pushed it with his hand away.

"How I already said, Xiumin will take care of you."

"And you?", tears were again in your eyes.

He looked at you emotionless, before he just left you behind.

He left the room quickly and you heard a light sound coming from the door.

"No.", you whispered shocked and walked to the door. When you tried to open it, it was locked again.

"No!", you bang at the door. "Kris? Kris! Please! Open the door! Let's talk! Kris? KRIS? PLEASE! LET ME OUT! DON'T DO THIS? KRIS!! KRIS!!", you shouted desprate. You sobbed and banged the door, but no respond was heard.

You fell on your knees and sobbed miserably. *Why? Why me? Why us, Kris?*