Chapter 3

The Wolf And His Hunter

Your class ended earlier and so you were able to leave school as fast as possible.

You walked the stairs down to be greeted by Junhyun.

"Hey! Let's walk together, my classes also finished earlier.", he suggested and you nodded.

Like always Junhyun started to talk endlessly. Actually, you would listen to him and chuckle sometimes at his comments, but this time your thoughts were on somthing else, or let's better say someone.

*Kris.*, you thought and frowned a bit. 

"Hey, what's wrong?", asked Junhyun and brought you out of your thoughts.

"Nothing.", you said and continued walking.

"Don't lie to me!", he called after you and catched up with you. "Tell me."

You sighed because Junhyun knew you too well. Others would just drop that subject but he just pushs you to talk to him. Everytime.

"The new students.", you confessed. "They are irritating me."

"Oh. Yes me too. But I'm sure they won't bother you anymore. They found out about the shock state you get when you feel uncomfortable. That's why-", Junhyun immediately shutted his mouth but you gave him a little smile.

"That's why most of the pupils avoid me. I know Junhyun. Don't be scared to say the truth.", you said.

"No, this was rude. I didn't mean to-"

"For get it.", you said and punched his arm lightly. "I'm going. See you tomorrow."

"Ok. See you tomorrow Minyoung.", he waved and took the right way while you started walking into the forest.


Snow wasn't anymore falling but enough of it was lying on the ground. You didn't felt comfortable so you started to walk faster. Even snow could bring you to the shock state you once in a while had. That's why you kept going and tried to occupit your head with other things like homework or what you're going to in your vacations.

"It's dangerous out here.", said a voice behind you and scared the hell out of you. You turned around to see Kris looking at you with a frown.

"What are you doing here?", you asked but he ignored your question.

"The forest isn't somthing for little girls.", he said. Now it was your turn to frown but you didn't answered. You turned around and continued walking your path.

"You still didn't answered me, Minyoung.", said Kris loud and you stopped.

"From where do you know my name?", you asked him right back.

"Don't try to change the topic.", he said. "Answer my question."

"Which question?", you asked tired.

"Can we be friends?", he asked again and you stared at him for awhile.

"Why?", you finally asked.

"Why not?", he asked immediately back.

"There's no intension for you to be friends with me. In our school are many other girls, it might be better-"

"I don't care about them.", he interrupted you. "I want to be friends with you and not with them."

"You want to be friends with someone like me? I'm quiet uninteresting, you know."

He shrugged.

"Are you going to leave me alone when I say no?", you asked hopefull.

"No.", he answered honestly and you frowned.

"Well, fine.", you shrugged.

"Is this a yes?", surprise crossed Kris face. He didn't thought it would be that easy.

"No, it's a get to know me. See you tomorrow.", you walked off rapidly since it started snowing again.




In deep thoughts, Kris went back to his pack EXO M.

"What did she say?", asked Tao right away.

"She means, we have to get to know her.", answered the alpha.

"Get to know her? Why? It's not like we would want to date her.", said Chen.

"I also don't get what she means with that.", admitted Lay.

"Let's find out tomorrow.", suggested Tao. "But what's with her strange shock she gets?"

"Let me handle this.", said Lay and smiled. "I know what to do."


                                                                                                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Are you sure about it Minyoung?", asked Junhyun concern.

"Do you know how long it has been since someone asked me to be friends with him?", you asked back.

"But everyone's nice to you!", he argued.

"Because of sympathy. You know why Junhyun."

"But still..."

"I'm going to show him the person I am and he'll immediately leave, so there's nothing to be concern about Junhyun."

Junhyun was still looking unhappy to you.

"Yah, Junhyun-ah. Don't you trust me?", you asked, your voice teasing.

"You're the only one I trust Minyoung.", he said.

"Urgh! Stop being so cheesy.", you punched his arm lightly and left for the cafeteria. You were seeing Kris sitting on a table with his friends. It was obvious that you wouldn't got there since they were there. You were scared to feel burdend so you were about to leave when suddenly an arm was around your shoulder.

"Let's eat together!", said the boy with the dimples and lead you to the new students.  "Look who we have here!", cheered Lay and his friends looked up.

"Our new friend!", said Luhan happy and clapped his hands. "Sit down!"

You were about to deny when you suddenly felt extremly at ease. It was like you were wrapped around in a warm and soft blanket. 

"Come on.", Lay sat you down beside him still his arm around your shoulder, but in the moment you weren't noticing. You were just feeling damn well and everything you wanted was to feel like this for a moment.

"Eat.", said Xiumin with a nice smile. You shook your head and breathed in and out, the warm feeling never leaving you.

It seemed like you were on crack.

"I think this is too much Lay.", said Luhan and looked at you. "People will think we drugged her or something."

"I can't change it. I still didn't improved my ability towards human.", he frowned. "Only when I take my arm of her shoulder, she'll feel normal again and get her shock."

Looking for help they looked at their leader. Kris was looking at you. You were swinging your head lightly from side to side. Not seeming to hear their conversation.

"Let go.", Kris said finally and Lay obeyed. He put slowly his arm of you and you finally opened your eyes. You were looking at 6 faces. 6 unknown but again familiar voices. Your heart started to race, your breathes became short, you couldn't even prepare yourself for a second because it was too surprising...and then everything became black.




You heard two people talking and opened your eyes slowly. You were in a white room with a table. You felt that you were lying in a bed you knew to well. 

*The school infirmary.*, you sighed inwardly. *It happened again.*

"You woke up.", said a deep voice and you turned your head to the right. It was Kris who was sitting on a chair.

You frowned but didn't asked him anything.

"You know why you're here, don't you?", he asked after a while. Maybe you were just imagine it, but it was like you heard concern in his voice.

You nodded your head but kept quiet.

"Are you feeling uncomfortable. Should I leave?", he wanted to know.

"You wanted to be friends with me.", you said and looked at him. "Can't you handle it?"

"Handle what?" 

"Me. This fragile me.", you said.

"You should eat.", he ignored your answer and pushed a plate with food to your direction.

*I knew it.*, you thought. No one could handle you, only Junhyun. And that's why you wanted to show him now how weak you were and that he shouldn't even bother to talk to you.

"Kris.", you called, not even looking at the food.

"Maybe you didn't noticed.", you started. "But I'm not a person who likes to eat. I hope you understand what I mean with it."

"You're underfed.", stated Kris and you gave him a little bitter smile. "Good way to say it."

"I don't like to talk to people Kris.", you continued. "I just talk to Junhyun and these are also only few words. I talk barely more than 15 sentences a day."

He just looked at you.

"I'm not good at school and I'm not one of the popular girls. I'm not even pretty."

You looked at him with a sad smile. "So why do you bother to be friends with me? I'm nothing and someone like you shouldn't hang out with someone like me."

It was silence for a while, just two pupil staring in each others eyes. Sadness written in one's eyes, blankness in the others.

"I still want to be friends with you.", he said finally and stood up.

"Didn't you hear what I just said?", you asked him confused.

"I heard it. And it seems like you need more than just your friend Junhyun. And that's going to be me."

"You're stupid for involving yourself with me.", you said bitter but he just shrugged and walked to the door.

"I'll see you tomorrow Minyoung.", he said. "Ah and just by the way.", he looked back to you and this was the first time you saw him smiling. It wasn't really a smile but his lips weren't anymore in their straight line they used to be.

"You are pretty.", and with this he left school infirmary and left you behind.

How good that he wasn't anymore able to see your blushing face.






"How's she?", asked Xiumin when he saw walking out of the room.

"I knew it was a bad idea.", said Chen and gave Lay a look he didn't even noticed.

"It's all our fault.", said Kris but it seemed like he was talking to himself.

"We didn't mean any harm Kris.", said Lay sad. "Look, next time I'll just-"

"I don't mean that!", said Kris loud. "Her whole situation! Yesterday evening when we went to her house what did we see?", he asked the boys and they were looking guilty down.

They had seen nothing. Literally. You were living in a one room apartment. You had a fridge, a couch to sleep on with one blanket and 5 dishes. This was it.

"Just because of us she's living like this!", said Kris desprate. "Just because of us this little human girl is broken."

"And that's why we have to do everything we can to make her life better, just like it used to be before we...", he sighed shakely because he felt that his emotion coming out to strong.

"Let's go home now.", Kris said. "We'll talk about everything there."

EXO M just followed their alpha without a word and felt the guilt spreading wider and wider in their hearts.