Chapter 28

The Wolf And His Hunter

"How about this?"

"No"

"And this?"

"No"

"And this?"

"Hmmm...cute but no"

You and Kris were in the city and were shopping. Or let's better say you two tried.

You didn't want Kris to spend any money on you, so you just disagreed with everything he suggested.

"Minyoung, can't you just pick something you like?", he asked you but you shook your head.

"No, I don't like anything. I want to go home", you whinned but Kris gave you a firm look.

"Arasso!", you said defeated and looked around. You took 2 t-shirts, one red and one orange.

"Here", you showed them him. "Buy these and then let's go home."

"Why these colours?", he asked. "How about the blue one?", he held the other t-shirt in his hand.

"I like orange and red", you said to him.

"I know that you like red, but why orange?", he asked you confused.

"Well...", you suddenly blushed and walked away. "Can we just pay?", you said loud since you were some footsteps away from him.

He scratched his head at your weird behaviour when he remembered something.

"Do you maybe like orange", he started teasingly when he walked over to you. "Because my eyes change into the colour when we two-"

"Oh my god, stop!", you shouted and everyone turned around. You bowed in embarrassment at everyone and blushed.

"Embarrassing", you whispered to yourself.

"So am I right?", asked Kris, but you just glared at him. 

"Well you don't have to answer now", he shrugged and walked away. "Tonight I have enough time to torture the answers out of you"

"Yah!", you shouted and everyone turned again around. *Seriously, this man*, you thought annoyed and followed him outside.

          
                                                                                                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After weeks Kris had finally opened up to you. He started to talk more about himself. He told you that he was much older as he looked like. He had family all over the world, but he didn't talk to them.

"They...they have some prejudices towards humans, but this doesn't matter.", he convinced you.

So many weeks had passed and Kris felt sorry for leaving you always at home. Even though, you told him that you were fine, he still thought that it would be a good change for you to go out.

He suggested a date in the city.



"I'm hungry", you said and looked at the dunkin donuts store.

"Me too", Kris said and took your hand, leading you into it.

He bought 6 donuts for you two, a black coffe for himself and Red Bull for you.

"Thanks", you said and took the drink gladly.

"Drink a lot", he said and sipped on his coffe. "You're getting tired quickly lately", he said with a teasing tone.

"Half of the nights I can't sleep because of you", you gave him an annoyed look. 

"I can't help that yesterday was fullmoon", he shrugged and you glared at him.

"Maybe you're only getting old", he teased you, but his smile vanished when he saw the anger written all over your face.

"Uhm, Minyoung-"

"So I'm getting old, huh?", you asked him angry.

"No, I was just jok-"

"And what about you?", you asked with a hard voice. "Aren't you like 300 years old or something?!"

"174, thank you", said Kris with a raised eyebrow.

"Argh! I don't care! And you are calling me old?"

"I didn't say that you're old directly, I just-"

"Screw it!", you stomped your feet and took the donuts. "I'm going home!" You left Kris dumbfounded.

"Wait!", said Kris when he reached you.

"Why are you being this angry? I was just joking", he tried to console you.

"Joking, my ", you said and took a large bite of a donut.

"This was mine", muttured Kris, but regretted immediately when he saw your furious glare.

"A-Arasso! I'm sorry", he apologized.

You continued eating the donuts while Kris eyed grumpily the box. 


                                                                                                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You don't have to stay with me", you said gently to Kris.

"But your temperature is high", he said and looked concern at you.

"It's probably just a flu", you said and laid down on the bed. "Just go and have fun with the  boys"

"I don't want to leave you when you're not alright", said Kris while pulling the covers over your body.

"I'm really ok. I'll drink a lot of tea and rest. Just have fun with the boys", you winked at him. "Or can't you get enough of your girlfriend already"

"Conceited, are we", he nudged your side.

"Just go, I'll be fine"

"Really?"

"Really", you waved him. "See you later"

He sighed deeply, but nodded and stood up. "I hope this stupid 'boys-evening' will be worth it"

You smiled at him and waved again. He peeked your cheek. "See you later"

When he walked out of the door you sighed heavily and closed your eyes. 

You didn't feel well.  Not at all. But Kris shouldn't worry about you now. You decided to see a doctor while Kris was with his friends.


                                                                                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Stop it!", said Luhan and nudged his leader.

"What?", asked Kris.

"To look like you'll die", he sighed tiredly. "Can't you leave your girlfriend for 2 more hours?"

"Hm", was everything what Kris said.

"Don't get jealouse hyung", winked Tao. "One day, you'll find your other half too."

"Oh hell no", Luhan stood up. "If it means that I have to behave like a love sick puppy, then I'll rather stay single."

"I want to find my other half as soon as possible", said Lay. He took his beer and sipped on it. 

"I mean it must be great. No more changing, getting older physically-"

"And the "

"YAH! LUHAN!", yelled Kris and hit Luhan's head. "Watch your mouth!"

"Eeey~", laughed Luhan and rubbed his head. "Come on leader. Say the truth...how's she?", he wiggled his eyebrows.

"None of your bussiness!", said Kris with a raised fist. "And if you dare to ask again-"

"Ok, ok. Sorry", Luhan laughed and sipped on his bear.

"How's she doing anyway?", asked Chen all of sudden.

Kris sighed. "She has a fever again"

"Poor princess", said Luhan sacastically, but was hit by Xiumin.

"Why didn't you bring her here?", asked Lay. "I could heal her!"

"Heal?", Kris raised his eyebrow. "Maybe for 2 minutes. Don't forget Lay, that you're ability still didn't improve"

"You're insulting me leader", said Lay and looked at his beer.

"Sorry, but until you're not sure what you're doing with your ability, I won't let you touch her."

Lay sighed and looked even sadder.

"Don't mind him.", said Luhan and nudged Lay. "He just don't want you to touch princess in any kind of way"

Luhan laughed. "He's being possessive and a bit over protective."

"Just wait until you have your own other half.", said Kris.

"Never", Luhan snorted. "I'll rather be in pain for my whole life"

Kris sighed at that answer and stood up.

"Hey, where are you going?", asked Luhan surprised.

"Outside.", Kris replied and walked to the backyard.


He looked at the sunset and sighed again.

"Luhan is a hard nut", said Chen, who was all of sudden behind him.

"Yeah", answered Kris.

"Just wait a bit", Chen put his hand on Kris shoulder. "He was the last one who joined our pack. Of course he'll have some difficulty to change his way of thinking."

"You're right", said Kris. "But sometimes he seems to prefer his old life."

"It's just hard for him.", said Chen consoling. "But weren't we the same?", he laughed. "Do you remember Tao?"

"Please, don't start", groaned Kris and Chen laughed again.

"See. And look now how much he has changed. It's almost like he has never been the most brutal killer in our pack"

"True", laughed Kris sadly along. "He's more like a puppy now"


~~~~

"Kill him", said Kris coldly and looked at the human who was infront of him.

"P-Please, don't k-kill me.", said the male human crying. "I h-have a fa-family-"

"You think I care hunter?", asked Kris with a raised eyebrow. He looked back at Tao. "Do it"

"Yes, leader", said Tao with a little smile.

Tao changed into a wolf and threw himself on top of the male human. He ripped his two arms off, before one leg. The male was screaming in pain, but Tao didn't seem to mind at all. He left him bleed until his shoutes and screams stopped.

He changed back into his human form.

"Now his family", said Kris and looked at Chen and Xiumin who changed into wolves and entered the house.

Screams were only heared for a few seconds.

They came back with their mouths full of blood. "Let's go" Kris changed also into a wolf and his pack followed him.

~~~


They two continued talking until Kris thought about the person he loved the most.

*Minyoung*

"Uhm...leader?"

*Minyoung*

"Leader?"

*Minyoung!*

"YAH, KRIS!", shouted Chen and Kris jumped in surprise. "Are you ok?", asked Chen concern. "You look pale"

Kris blinked a few times. "I think I should go home...", he shook his head.

"Go", winked Chen. "I'll handle Luhan"

"Thanks", Kris high-fived Chen before he walked off.


*Minyoung*, he thought with a strange feeling. *What's wrong?*


                                                                                                                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"W-Who are you?", you stuttured, seeing 6 guys sitting in your living room, when you had come back from the doctor.
 

But instead of answering they just stared at you.

*Maybe they are Chinese gangsters!*, you gasped inwardly. *I should go before-*, but your body wouldn't move.

You stared in shock at these 6 boys, but you couldn't move a muscle.

One of them stood up and walked over to you.

"G-Go away!", you yelled. "Stay away!"

But your shouts didn't stop him to come closer until he was only one step away from you.

"You smell like a dog", said the boy infront of you in korean. You were surprised that he spoke korean, but then again it shouldn't matter to you now. 

You tried again to move, but nothing.

One of them started to laugh. "Daebak", he said and walked also closer to you. "She's the mate of a werewolf"

He stared at you with an amused smile. 

*Mate? What's a mate? But they know I have something to do with werewolves!*

"How do you know-", but you stopped talking when his eyes turned into red.

"Oh god", you breathed out and started to panic. *What are they? Wolves?*

"What are we going to do with her, hyung?", asked one of them who was sitting on a chair.

"We'll kill her", he said like it was stupid to even ask him

Your eyes grew even wider. "No", you breathed. "No", you said louder, but you couldn't move.

"Why can't I move?! Let me go!", you shouted.

"Aish! Shut up!", said one boy and snapped his fingers. Now you couldn't even shout anymore.

"I want to play", said another boy. "Please hyungs, let's play!"

*Play? What are they talking about?!*, you screamed inwardly.

"Fine", said the guy who was infront of you. "Honey", he said to you. "My name Sunggyu and these are my friends. We are called Infinite...or let's better say we were called Infinite.", he faked a sob. "Thanks to you one of us died"

You looked with wide eyes at him, still unable to talk. *What are they talking about?! I didn't do anything!*

"Maybe you don't remember, but his name was Woohyun"

"Think human girl, think.", said  a boy with a playfull smirk. 

You frowned and tried hard to remember the name. After some seconds you got an idea and it scarred you to death.

"Right honey", said Sunggyu and clapped his hands. "Our vampire friend Woohyun"

*Oh god, no. They found me!*, you started to breath unevenly.

"But since I prmised Sungjong to play", he started. "We won't kill you now."

He tiped his chin thoughtfully. "2 Minutes" he said. "You have 2 minutes to run." Sunggyu laughed. "Let's see. Maybe you're werewolf mate is going to find you before you're dead. We can allow him to say goodbye to you", he laughed louder.

You felt sick when you heard his sick laughers.

"2 Minutes, honey", he raised his finger. "Now"

You blinked a few times and started hesistantly to take a step back.

*I can move! I have to run!*

And as fast as possible you ran out of the house into the forest.

"KRIS! KRIS! KRIS!", you shouted while running as fast as you could.

"Boo", said all of sudden a voice next to you. Startled, you fell over your own feet. "1.30 minutes, honey", said one them.

You got back on your feets and continued running as fast as you could.

*No! No! No!*, you thought while running. *This can't be the end. Not now, no!*

"KRIS! KRIS! HELP ME! KRIS!"

"1 minute honey", sang a voice above you. Suddenly a figure was infront of you and slapped you hard.

You stumpled back and help your bleeding lip.

"47 seconds", said another voice, and you were shoved at the ground again.

"God! She's so boring Dongwoo hyung!", whined Sungjong. "She can't even run probably"

"True though", he sighed. "Come on human girl. Run!", he encouraged you. "It's boring like this."

In pain you stood up from the ground and tried to run away.

"30 seconds", said a figure behind you and hit your head hard.

You screamed in pain and fell on your knees.

"Oh come on!", laughed one of them. "Maybe your Kris will be able to find you! Go on. Run. You have 18 seconds left"

You held your head and felt something wet on it. You looked at your hand and you saw blood on it.

"It's boring!", complained Sungjoon. "Let's just kill her now."

"NO!", you shouted. "You can't kill me! No! Please!"

"You're begging for your life?", snorted Sunggyu. "What about our friend, huh? He wasn't even able to plea for his life. He just died. And same will happen to you"

He bent down to your level. 

"But since I'm a nice leader.", he said. "I'll let you decide if you want to die fast or slowly."

"No, no, no, no!", you shook your head. "Don't kill me! I can't die! No!"

"Why are you always this noisy!", shouted one of them and kicked you in the face.

"Hoya really liked Woohyun and he hates noisy people", explained Dongwoo.

"I-I didn't kill him", you cried. "It wasn't me!"

"Well, but whose there else to blame? The hunters?", Dongwoo shook his head.

"We would kill them if we could, but we probably end up dying ourselves", he sighed. "And no one wants that. So our revenge goes to you."

"That...th-that's not faire!", you shouted sobbing.

"How can life be faire?", asked now one with an icey stare. "Do you think that it's faire that our friend died? That he died merciless in the hands of the hunters? Do you think this is faire?!", he shouted the last word and kicked your back.

You flew several feets away and groaned in pain.

"Do you want to kill her L?", asked Sunggyu who saw the rage in L's eyes after he had kicked you.

"No", said L after a while. 

"We shouldn't kill her", said all of sudden another voice. L looked shocked at Sungyeol.

"Her mate", he started. "He'll seek for revenge"

"Nonsense!", said Sunggyu. "She's just a human girl! He can't cherish her that much! I mean look at her"

He looked with a disgusted face at you. "Weak", he almost spat the word.

"P-Please, don't kill me", you sobbed bitterly. *I don't want to die, not now.*

"No one wants to die", said Dongwoo and came closer to you. "But humans have to, even if they don't want to. But well, your time is now."

He grabed you by your hair and you shouted in pain.

"Say bye bye to the world.", he laughed and brought his other hand to your neck, squeezing it.

You struggled to free yourself, but there was no use. He was a lot stronger.

*Kris*, you thought desprately and closed your eyes, preparing for the end.

Suddenly the vampires heard a low growl coming from the south.

Before they could even react, six wolf jumped on top of them and started to lacerate them.

Dongwoo looked shocked at his surroundings. *No way*, he thought and let go of you. You fell on the ground with your face down.

But before he managed to run away 2 wolves caught him and merciless ripped his head of.

With half closed eyes you looked at the wolves infront of you.

*They are here. My friends are here. Exo-M saved me*, you tried hard to open your eyes fully. Your energy was almost gone, but you struggled to open your eyes.

When your vision wasn't that blurry anymore you noticed something was wrong.

*Why...Why's there a silver wolf?*, you thought. *None of Exo M is silver...*

The wolves stared at you before one by one started to change in their human forms.

*They...they are not Exo M*, you slowly shook your head, feeling dizzy again. *Who are they?*

"She smelles like Kris", said one of them.

"Unbelievable. He mated with a human? For real?!", a second guy snorted.

"Who...who are you?", you managed to whisper. 

"Can't we just let her die?", asked one of them. "She' already half dead"

"Same goes here", said another one. "How are we going to explain this to uncle? That Kris mated with a human?"

Your eyes started to close again. *Tired...I'm tired, I can't anymore*

"Kris...", you whispered in pain and a tear escaped your eyes.

"See! As good as dead!"

"EXO K! WHAT DID YOU DO?!", shouted a very familiar voice.

And with that you out.