Chapter 26

The Wolf And His Hunter

Kris walked into the living room where you were lying on the couch, one arm over your eyes.

He looked at you and thought about Lay's words. He shook his head right afterwards. Nonesense! His Minyoung was absolutely perfect. So what that your colour changes? Maybe Lay's ability is lacking a bit, isn't it?

He walked over to you and sat next to you.

"Kris?", he heard you whisper.

"Hmm"

"I-I'm sorry", he heard your voice break and realized that you were crying. He took gently your arm from your eyes. You changed your lying position into a sitting one.

"I'm really sorry how I reacted towards Luhan", you wiped your tears away. "I was just so angry when he started to provoke me and I lost it. I didn't mean to slap him, really", you looked with apologizing eyes at him, but Kris just shook his head.

"I'm glad that you slapped him", he said with a little smile. "He probably deserved it."

You just cracked a smile at Kris reply. He didn't even know what happened but he was sure that you did the right thing.


"Kris", you said. "We are safe here in China, aren't we?", you asked him and he nodded slowly his head.

"Good", you whispered and smiled again, hugging him tightly.

"Why? Are you still scared?", he asked with a frown, while hugging you.

"No, I'm not", you said and shrugged. "I just wanted to be sure again"

"With me, nothing will ever happen to you", he promised and kissed your forhead.

"I know", you smiled widely and closed your eyes in content.


"Urgh! How cheesy!", they heard a voice behind them say. They turned around to see Xiumin and Tao pretending to throw up.

"Stop it you idiots!", said Kris loud and threw a cushion to their direction. They dodged it easily and sat right infront of you two.

"You should go and apologize to Lay", said Xiumin with a sudden serious tone. "He's really hurt that you insulted his ability like this"

"Where is he?", Kris sighed and stood up.

"Why did you insult Lay's ability? Isn't healing people something good?", you asked innocently. They all chuckled at your cute reply and Kris peek your cheek.

"Yes, it is something good", he said and straighten up. "I'm just an idiot", he explained.

With that he left the house and you were left alone with Xiumin and Tao.

"So", Xiumin cleared his throat. "Did you think about what I told you three months ago?", he asked you slowly. You blushed madly, only at the thought.

"I-I did, but...", you bit your lip. "What if I'm not his real other half?"

Tao looked confused at his hyung. *He told her?*

"He'll stay in pain", said Xiumin tiredly.

*And you might die*, thought Tao and looked with wide eyes at Xiumin, but he ignored his dongsaeng. *Xiumin is hiding the rest*, he thought shocked.

"What kind of  pain is he feeling?", you asked concern.

"Look", he looked hesistantly at Tao who was shaking his head. But Xiumin thought what he's going to do, would be the right think, so he continued.

"In the night of the fullmoon, we feel like we are burning. Like someone put gasoline all over our bodys and threw a lighter at us. Our bones start to break in the cruelest way until we become wolves"

You gasped in shock and one tear escaped your eyes.

"This is so cruel", you whispered and Xiumin nodded, ignoring Tao's pleading eyes to stop.

"But you can stop this pain from Kris", said Xiumin. "Only you can stop this pain from him. Help him", he pressed on.

"I...I just have to sleep with him and he'll be ok? He won't be in pain anymore?", you asked. Xiumin nodded his head.

"But not just at a random day", he explained. "It has to be on.... full moon", he revealed after some hesistation.

"I...I don't understand. When he feels the pain on fullmoon how can I-"

"We only feel the pain when the moon is almost on the highest point. If you sleep before that with Kris, he won't feel the pain anymore"

You tried to understand everything what Xiumin said. You had to sleep with Kris on fullmoon, before the moon reached the highest point.

"Can you do that much for him?", asked Xiumin you. "Can you do that much for our best friend, leader...and your boyfriend?"

"I-I-I"

"Can't you really do it Minyoung? He really cares for you and you should show him at least that you care as much for him"

"Hyung, stop it", Tao whispered, but was ignored.

"So tell me now Minyoung: Can you do that or can't you?"

"I...", you took a deep breath. "I-"

Tao suddenly put his hand to his lips and stopped you from talking.

"He's back", he mouthed to you and you nodded your head.


"Hey guys", Kris came in with Lay behind him. 

You looked curiously at Lay while he avoided any eye contact with you.

"Are you ok, Lay?", you asked him gently. He nodded his head rapidely. "I'm fine", he muttered.

You could see that he was in a bad mood, so you decided to leave him alone and turned to Kris.

"Kris", you said. "Since we are safe her in China I would like to...I want to go camping", you said to him and he looked stunned at you.

"Camping?", he repeated surprised.

"Yes, just the two of us", you gave him a sincere smile.

"Ok", he sighed but smiled right afterwards. "When would you like to go?"

You thought a bit. "4 weeks", you held your four fingers up. "In exactly 4 weeks!"


                                                                                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Four weeks had finally passed and you opened your eyes to be greated by darkness. It wasn't morning yet, but you heared some noise coming from the kitchen.

With sleepy eyes you walked over to the kitchen, to see Kris cooking something on the stove. You saw a little note on the kitchen table and walked slowly over.

You read it out loud:

I'm really sorry Minyoung.
We'll do our camping trip some other day.
Please eat the food as my apology
See you tomorrow.
In love Kris



Kris had already noticed you, but he pretened to be shocked by your sudden voice.

"Woah! You surprised me!", he said and put a hand on his chest. "Why are you already awake? Go back to sleep", he said with a little smile.

But you weren't smiling at all. You looked with a sad expression at him.

"You promised", you whispered with a hurt expression. "You promised the trip"

"I'm sorry", he sighed. "But I completely forgot, that today is fullmoon"

"But Kris-"

"I said I can't!", he suddenly yelled at you and you looked shocked at him."I-I'm sorry", he said and shook his head.

"I'm not myself now", he whispered and continued cooking. "I'll be leaving in some minutes. Go back to sleep"

He didn't hear an answer from you so he turned around and saw you silently crying.

"Minyoung", he walked over to you. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shout at you"

But you took a step away from him and walked back to the bedroom and slammed the door.


*Idiot! She's angry at you now*, said a voice inside his head he knew to well. The wolf inside him. *Stay, or she'll leave you*

He shook his head furiously to get ride of the voice. *Hurry! Go! Apologize and stay!*

"No, I have to leave. I might hurt her", he said loud to himself, but the wolf wouldn't stop toturing him.

*Go, go, go, go! She's angry! Stay! Console her! Now! Stay!*

Kris couldn't control his body probably and walked over to the bedroom. You were lying on the bed, crying into the cushion.

"I'll stay", he heard himself say. "Don't cry anymore"

"Really?", you turned around and looked at him with teary eyes. "Yes", he pressed out. "I'll stay today"


                                                                                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Where's he?", yelled Luhan and walked furiously up and down.

"Fullmoon is today! Where's our damn leader?!"

Chen and Lay shrugged while Tao and Xiumin had a guilty expression on.

"Yah! Why are you two looking like this?, he asked suspicious.

"How do we look?", asked Xiumin tired and rubbed his temple.

"Well, how you look now"

"Seriously, the wolf inside me tells me to punch you. I think I won't be able to withstand him for long", said Xiumin with a growl and stood up.

"Calm down hyung", said Lay and put a hand on his hyungs's shoulder.

"Don't tell me what to do!", Xiumin shouted at Lay. He groaned annoyed and closed his eyes. "Sorry", Xiumin apologized with a sigh.

"It's ok. I know that wasn't you"

Tao stood nervously up. "This is not good. Not good", he muttered to himself.

"What? What is not good?", asked Luhan alarted and grabed the maknae by the collar.

"You know where our leader is, don't you?", he asked while shaking the maknae. "WHERE'S HE?"

"Minyoung", Tao whispered guiltyly. "He's with Minyoung, I think"

"WHAT?!", Luhan went balastic. "HE'S WITH THE HUMAN GIRL? NOW?!"

"She's becoming his other half now", said Xiumin calm.

"ARE YOU INSANE?!", he shouted like there was no tomorrow. "HE'LL KILL HER! WOLVE'S OTHER HALFS ARE ONLY OTHER WOLVES AND NOT SOME STUPID MORTALS!"

"Our leader knows that, but he still loves her", said Xiumin.

"What's wrong with all of you?!", Luhan yelled. "I can't-how do you-why?", he didn't know what to say anymore.

"Let's go to the basement. Our chains are waiting for us", grumbled now Chen and stood up.

With a defeat sigh Luhan followed him and muttered: "When she's dead tomorrow don't blame me"


                                                                                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


After a silent trip of walking you decided to settle down a beautiful clearing.

The gras was full with beautiful orchids and a little brook wasn't far away.

"Beautiful", you whispered and looked at Kris, but he seemed to be to occupide with his mind.

"Kris", you lightly nudged him. "Are all right?"

*I need to leave! I need to go! I'll hurt her if I don't leave now*, he opened his mouth, but no word came out.


*No, you'll stay. Everything is ok for now. Stay*, said the damn second voice and again he obeyed.

"I'm fine", he said pressed and closed his eyes.

*Okay*, you thought and took a deep breath. You looked up to the sky and the sun was setting now. *It's time.*


"Kris", you said and took his hand. "I want to tell you something"

Kris looked curiously at you while you took a deep breath.

"I want to talk about something I never talked before", you said silently. You sat down on the ground and so did Kris.

"You can tell me everything", he encouraged you.

"I...I want to talk about the day my parents died", you said firm. You felt Kris squeezing your hand. You thought because he wanted to comfort you, in reality his muscles started to itch, because of the damn fullmoon. 

"You see", you started. "I was there when they died",  you confessed and Kris looked with wide eyes at  you. He couldn't remember anything, so he didn't know that you were there too.

"I remember that I was playing with my brother Red Riding Hood. I was her while he would play the big bad wolf", you chuckled sadly. "My parents were inside the house while we two were in the garden. It was winter so we played also with the snow while my father watched us from the window. My mother called for dinner and so we all entered. I can still remember that the night was a beautiful one when suddenly the light went of. I remember hearing my mother scream, then my father and then my brother. I was scared so I ran away even when I couldn't  see a thing. Suddenly I bumped into something. It was growling and then I felt a painfull blow on my back. I fell with my head on the ground and lost conscious", you took a deep shaky breath.

"When I opened my eyes again I was outside lying on the snow-covered ground. I felt cold and weak and then I lost conscious again. The next think I remember is that I was in hospital and they told me that I was an orphan now. Nor my parents nor my brother survived. I'm the only one"

You closed your eyes. It was hard to talk about it. You felt Kris caressing your cheek.

"I-I'm sorry", he said with a shaky voice.

"Don't be. It's not your fault.", you chuckled bitterly. "They said it were bears, but I don't believe them.", you clenched your fist. "They said: 'Sometimes they can get really agressive'.", you took a shaky breath. "But I know this couldn't be true. Which bear would get into the house, just to kill people? Which bear would do that?", you shook your head.

"Why did you tell me this?", Kris asked with a pressed voice. His body was starting to burn.

"Because I trust you."

Hesistantly you turned around and took your T-shirt of.

"W-What are you doing?", he looked stunned at you, when he saw the scars on your back.

"These are from the animal who hurted me, my parents and my brother", you said sadly. "I'm marked with these scars. They remind me everyday that my parents and my brother are dead and that I'm still alive"

"I know that I look ugly now infront of you, but I just", you stopped when a tear escaped your eye. Suddenly you felt Kris touching your back. He was drawing the line of the scars with his fingers. *They are mine*, he thought. *These are my claws which hurted her*

He turned you slowly around. "You're still beautiful in my eyes Minyoung.", he said pressed. "And you will always be", he tried to smile and took your T-shirt. "Now put it on again. It's getting cold"

"You are in pain, aren't you?", you asked him with a sad smile.

"I'm....ok", he said between deep breaths. He was defenitily not.

"I...I want to become your other half", you said firm and looked at him.

"What?", he looked shocked at you. "Is that why you took me out here? To become my other half?!", he half yelled.

You flinched at his rude tone, but you nodded. "I want to ease your pain"

"What? You don't even know what you-", he took a deep breath in realization. "They told you."

"I forced them to and I'm ok with that", you said firmly. "I want to sleep with you Kris."

Kris was about to say something when the wolf inside him started a new fight inside him.


*Take her!*, it hissed. *She'll ease your pain!*

He shook his head frustrated.

*Look at her!*,  it shouted. He slowly opened  his eyes and looked at your big, pleading ones. *She wants it too! Take her! Now!*

"No!", he said loud and shook his head again. Sadly you mistook his no for your request.

"You...you don't want me?", you asked with a broken heart.

"No, Minyoung it's not that, I-ARGH!", he shouted when his head started burn painfully.


*Take her! Take her now!*, everything shouted inside. *It's fullmoon. She's here. It's your chance! She'll be your offical other half!*

"I-I'll h-hurt you", said with a broken voice. You cupped his cheek and caressed his face.

"I know that it'll hurt, but it's ok", she assured, not wanting to see him in pain anymore.

*THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEAN!*, his real self shouted. *I COULD KILL YOU*


*Let's see. Take her. If's she's dead, then she wasn't the one for you anyway. Just do it. NOW!*

 

With his body started to move from his own to Minyoung.

He cupped her face for the last time and memorized her face before he started to kiss her.

*Please survive this night. Please*





---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will you, Minyoung survive this night without any harm?

Muhahaha, who knows :DD