Chapter 10

The Wolf And His Hunter

"Soooo...", Xiumin looked with big eyes at Kris.

"What?", Kris behaved normally like always.

"Don't be like this hyung~!", whined Tao and jumped up and down. "Are you two a couple now?"

Kris just shrugged, but this was answer enoguh. "YEAH!", Tao beamed and clapped his hand. "Finally Kris got a human girl!"

A little smile appeared on Kris face. Yes, he was happy too.

Everyone congratulated him, expect one.

"Why are you looking this grumpy?", asked Xiumin Luhan.

"Well, maybe because our leader is a wolf whose dating a mortal.", said Luhan as matter of the fact.

"So what?", asked Xiumin with a frown.

"So what?! Are you stupid?!", Luhan yelled and jumped up from his seat. "Do you all remember Suzy?"

They all stiffened and looked at Chen whose face didn't show any emotions.

"Not every love story ends well, especially not for us. We are dangerous for her, for her well being. We already killed her parents.", Luhan was now red in his face because of anger. "I thought we left China because we wanted to help her! And not because our leader is looking for his other half!"

"We can also help her like this, Luhan.", said Chen really calmly.

"I can't believe that this is comming from your mouth Chen!", Luhan almost shouted. "Isn't it enough that Suzy already died?! Do we have to-"

"Stop it!", said Xiumin firmly and the temperatur was freezing cold right now. In the background you could hear thunders which were caused by Chen.

Luhan took a deep breath before talking.

"We all came here, because she didn't accepted the money we sent her.  We came here to see what was the matter and to help her with it. Do you think starting a relationship with a human girl is logical?", he looked a Kris who was deep in his thoughts.

"We hurted enough people Kris! We killed her parents! We can't-", he shouted when Kris didn't respond, but was interrupted by Xiumin

"Luhan, stop it I said!"

"I won't! You're all not thinking! I'm just trying-"

"You're right.", said Kris with an emotionless face.

"What? No! Hyung!", Tao looked at Kris with shocked eyes. "You can't just break up with her!"

"I have to."

"But she-"

"Her safety is more important Tao!", Kris said firmly. "I won't risk her life because of my selfishness."

"Hyung-"

"Let's go to school. I'll talk to her now.", Kris announced took his bag and already started to walk out of the house.


Luhan was absolutly right. How could he be so stupid and selfish? He liked you, he really did, so why can't he just sacrifice his happyness for your safety. How could he behave like this?
Damn it! He was the damn leader of the EXO M pack. He had to take responsibility!
He looked up and he was only a few meters away from school. Kris was surprised to see you standing infront of the entrance.

"Minyoung?", he called and ran to you. You looked up and a little smile appeared on your face.

"Hello.", you greeted.

"What are you doing here?", he asked with a frown when he saw your red cheeks. He could see, that you had stand there for a while.

"I...", you stopped talking and looked at the ground. "Well, I-I...", you stuttured and blushed more. Kris just looked at you with curious eyes.

"I was waiting for you.", you finally whispered what Kris caught immediately. You cupped your cheeks. You never felt that embarrassed in your life.

"I-I think I-I should go in now.", you stuttured embarrassed and were about to turn around when Kris hold you on your wrist.

"Wait.", he said and looked at you. Your looked with your puppy like eyes at him and Kris felt himself melting.

*Maybe I could...*

"Kris!", he heard all of sudden someone call. He looked to his left to see Luhan standing there with an angry frown, while the others looked more sorry for Kris.

"Go to your friends.", you said and gave him a little smile. "I'll see you in classe.", you said and waved. You were about to go, when suddenly a new feeling of courage overcame you.

*Screw it Minyoung. Do it, as long as you can.*, you talked to yourself and turned around again. You looked at Kris who was completly sunk in his thoughts. *Just once.*, you said again to yourself and walked over to him, giving him a quick peek on his cheek and tried to leave as fast as you could.

*Embarrassing, embarrassing, embarrassing.*, you repeated in your head when you felt all of sudden someone taking your hand. You looked surprised to your left to see Kris holding onto your hand firmly.

"What are you looking at? Let's go.", he nudged you and you tried to hide your wide smile by turning your face to the right.

You suddenly felt something soft on your cheek and stopped. You slowly turned your face, only to see Kris face a few inches away from yours. He locked eyes with you while thinking.

*Once...*, he finally decided. *Once I want to be selfish.*