Bump into her

Misfire

 

 chapter eight 

Bump into her


Kai was walking down the street with his earphones on. He looked calm as he was humming the song that was playing. Jongin wasn’t paying attention to his surroundings. It was like the time stopped for him the moment he started listening the music playing, he even was even creating dance moves to the music.

Then Kai stopped. He realized he had dazed out for a while. He took a look at this watch and his eyes widened. He was late for college already. Kai turned off his ipod and put it away as he started running.  When he turned the corner he bumped into something, exactly someone. That person felt hard in the floor.


"That hurt," a feminine voice muttered.


"I'm sorry," Kai bowed and help the girl stand up. The mentioned boy couldn't see her face properly because her hat was blocking it.


"It's ok," the girl lift her gaze and the boy got surprised by the beautiful young girl. Kai forgot for a moment why he was running. That girl gaze hypnotized him. He had never seen a girl with such a kind and sweet gaze. That gaze looked fragile too, but the boy couldn't notice it.


 "You were in a hurry, weren't you?" she commented.


"Ah-" Kai look at his watch once again and realized the reason why he was running. He was late. "Damn! I'm sorry again," he started running again.


Alice smiled as she saw his figure disappeared as he turned the next corner. "He sure is fast"


-


After classes Chanyeol visited his parents, they were staying in Seoul for the weekend. The latter live in Daegu and decided visiting his oldest son, who they haven't seen in a while.


"Yeol, please take Jinwoo out. He really missed you and he wants to spend time with you," Chanyeol's mom said wearing a simple yet meaningful smile.


"Let's go, Jinwoo. Let’s go to the playground, ok?" The little boy nodded as he turned to follow his older brother.


In fact, Jinwoo, Chanyeol's little brother who was six years old, didn't talk too much. He was the opposite from his older brother personality. Chanyeol was noise, hyperactive, joker and sometimes he's absent minded, but his little brother was quiet, serious and really attentive. Jinwoo's personality can be described as mature for a young boy like him.


"Yeolie, how have you been?" The little boy, who prefers naming the older with a nickname, asked as he grabbed his older brother left hand and started walking.


"Fine," Chanyeol patted his brother head, "Have you taken care of mom and dad like I told you?" Jinwoo nodded and smiled at him.


"They are busier these days. So most of the time I'm alone in the house," Jinwoo mumbled the last sentence, "I miss you, Yeolie"


Chanyeol knew Jinwoo wasn't the kind of kid who makes friends easily. Kids around his age prefer playing with toys not worrying about adult stuffs, being happy and smiling all the time, but Jinwoo, as stated before, was mature enough to understand that his parents work in two jobs making them hard to watch his youngest boy all the time. Life wasn't easy for his family and both of them, Chanyeol and Jinwoo, work hard to help, somehow.


"Look we arrived," Chanyeol smiled.


"I'll walk around," Jinwoo added as he studied his surroundings: the few children running, the swings, the threes, the older people and else.


Suddenly, Chanyeol's phone rang. "Don't go too far. I have to attend this," the kid nodded.

Alice was walking around the same playground wondering about her life, about her past, when she suddenly bumped into this six year old boy. The latter eyed her curiously.
Alice smiled at him "Hi. What's your name?"


"Jinwoo," he whispered.


"Don't worry I'll not hurt you," she got near him, "would you like an ice-cream, Jinwoo?" The child nodded. Alice bought him a vanilla cream and both went to the swings.

 

"You didn't buy one for you?" Jinwoo asked.


"I'm ok. Don't worry," Alice answered as she swayed.


"Thank you," he muttered. The girl nodded looking at him.


Both of them talked for a while, there was a comfortable atmosphere around them; maybe due to the child's innocence and the girl's sincerity that creates the warming aura. But it won't be lasting longer.


"Jinwoo, I have to go. It's getting late," Alice said as she stood up.


"But I was about to tell you about-" "-Jinwoo," Alice interrupt him, "maybe next time, ok? I have to go" The child nodded as he felt a tiny squeezed in his chest. The girl he just talked for a few minutes had already gained his trust, which was really difficult to obtain due to his cold and serious personality. Jinwoo felt disappointed that he couldn't talk with her longer.


"You are a good kid, Jinwoo," she patted his head and smiled affectingly, "Take care of your family and I hope someday to see you again."


"Me too, Alice, me too," Jinwoo grined. It was the most sincere smile the little boy could give.
From far Chanyeol just finished the phone call and spotted his little brother talking to a girl. He got near them but the girl walked away before he could even talk to her or even get to see her face.


"Jinwoo, who was she?" Chanyeol asked as he took his brother little hand and started walking around.


"A friend," Chanyeol's eyes widened, "her name is really unique by the way"


"She must be really nice for you to open up so fast"


"Indeed, Alice is a really sweet girl, Yeolie," Jinwoo smiled genuinely.


Chanyeol smiled too. This girl named Alice had been able to gain his little brother trust in just a few minutes. It amazed him and he was thankful that she, even if she was a stranger, made him smile for a while.

 

-


Baekhyun and Tao were walking to a cake shop just because the youngest one wanted a piece of cake and also both of them were trying to take a break from their responsibilities. They, in fact, needed some fresh air.


Both entered the small and comfortable building and headed towards the counter. There they saw the variety of sweets, cookies and cakes, from small chocolate cookies, chocolate drops, colorful candies to big and delicious cakes.


"Baekhyun, you'll treat me, won´t you?" Tao asked as he smiled sweetly for Baekhyun to give up.


"Are you ing crazy? Pay it yourself and stop being a damn pain in the ," Baekhyun yelled pissed.


Sure Baekhyun wasn't going to pay, but he didn't need to be that harsh and direct, Tao thought. Next to them a girl laughed softly and as both of the boys looked to their sides, the girl made her way towards a table, her back always facing them.


Weird girl, both thought as they saw her made her way towards a table.


After Baekhyun and Tao made their decision about which cake to buy, both sat on a table, which was near that girl, exactly the boys table was behind her, Baekhyun sat in front of the younger as he faced the girl's back. He eyed her curiously, the latter couldn't explain why.


"Baekhyun, can you give me some of your strawberry cake?" Tao asked as his spoon made his way towards the older´s cake.


Baekhyun scoffed and lifted his cake away from the boy's spoon. "You have your ing own, Tao. Stop being a damn baby and eat yours." Tao pouted.


The girl laughed softly. For her it was funny to listen them fighting over cake. Sure it was childish but it makes her happy hearing them fight and play around with each other, because that was what they were doing, playing and joking with each other. Despite the fact one of them was annoyed she could notice that he cared for his friend, it made her smiled when people its caring towards the one they loved.


"Tao! I told you not!" Baekhyun yelled as he saw his friend stealing a big piece of his strawberry cake. He hit the latter’s head.


"Ouch! Baekhyun you're so mean!" The younger but taller complained.


" you," the annoyed boy cursed. He notice Tao stole a piece of his because the latter already finished his. After a few seconds Baekhyun muttered "You can have mine, if you want to"


"Really?!" Tao lightened up.


"Take it or leave it," Baekhyun added as he put  away his cake far from Tao's sight.


"Take it. Take it!" Baekhyun laughed and gave him his plate with the unfinished dessert.


Both of them are funny, Alice thought as she stood up and made her way out of the shop.
Baekhyun and Tao looked at her way, only the first could have a tiny sight of the girl's face, but the cap she was wearing made it difficult to notice her features. The latter only could notice her back.
Something about her made caught the both boy’s attention. Soon they will know why. After all, they will see her again.

 


 author's note 

» If you wonder, the three parts happened the same day. Kai´s in the morning, Chanyeol´s in the afternoon and Tao and Baekhyun´s right after Alice left the playground. I hope you guys enjoyed it :) See you next time!