Exposed

Misfire

 

 chapter fourteen 

Exposed


 

It was past midnight. Alice got a call from hell, exactly Azazel, her mentor, was calling her, so she left the apartment in the middle of the night silently.  She waited for him in a park near the place she was staying. The apprentice was thinking why he was taking too much too appeared when she suddenly spotted him flying near her. Azazel stopped in from of her and hid his black and big wings.

"You took your time," Alice crossed her arms.

"Tsk. Disrespectful as ever," the male demon shook his head as he smirked, "How you doing on earth?"

"Fine," Alice always uses short sentences when she was talking with tutor. It wasn't because she felt insecure around him; it was she needed to be careful around him. A single word could be misinterpreted by him. He can get suspicious.

"Don't go back to hell for a while. Things are getting pretty bad there," Azazel added while he hazed the sky, "The Council is causing so much trouble nowadays."

In fact, even if Azazel was a dangerous demon who Alice or anyone shouldn't trust easily, he cared for his student. He grew a little attached to her way of behaving around him from the past years. He enjoyed watching her honesty disguised with hostility. Azazel being flirty with her and severe was his way of caring for Alice.

"You could have told me that earlier, you know? Not this late," Alice sighed as she unfolded her arms.

"If I told you to meet me now, it was because I was dealing with the issues there. And because the other apprentices were requested to come back to hell, but you'll stay here," Azazel looked directly to Alice's eyes making her surprised by the demanding look on his, "the others novices already came back. But like I said you'll stay."

"Why?" The girl whispered.

"I bet you’ll prefer staying here," Azazel handed a bag full with clothes to her, "I don't know for how long. I'll tell you when things settle a bit. And your exam had been postponed too"

Alice nodded as she felt a tiny jump from happiness in her chest as she revived the news. The test had been re-scheduled. At least, she felt less heavy from all the pressure she was reviving these days. Despite the fact Alice understood she'll have to face it, the test, sooner or later the demon apprentice felt relieved that it wasn't sooner. Alice knew that four months wasn't enough for her to process all the things she'll have to face that date, pain, sadness, emptiness and more feelings she couldn't describe will be tested that day. And she wasn't ready for it.

"I'll leave now. If anything happens, I'll contact you," Azazel turned and left leaving behind some of his black feathers on the way.

"Sometimes I think you're two faced," Alice hugged tighter the bag her tutor gave her.

The novice left too. She let her grey small wings appear and headed towards the apartment. Since it was already late there wasn’t people around, so she decided to fly towards the apartment, it’ll be faster that way.

When Alice arrived she tried not to make any kind of noise. Alice opened the balcony's partition as she hid her wings in the process and when she stepped inside the demon apprentice noticed someone's presence from the dark living room, who left his spot the moment he saw the girl entered letting her see who he was.

"S-Sehun," Alice started shaking a bit, "W-What...y-you are awake." The girl knew that Sehun saw her from the moment she stepped in the balcony. She knew he saw her wings.

"Explain. Now," he sounded so demeaning and scaring that it could make anyone shiver from the tone he used.

Alice nodded as she started explaining. They sat in the couch, Sehun in front of Alice. She couldn't lie, could she? The guys will know it sooner or later since Lu Han and Sulli already are aware of it: Alice being a demon apprentice. So the mentioned female explained her real identity to Sehun.

"You're telling me you are a demon apprentice?" Alice nodded and noticed Sehun was a bit shocked from the fact, "I knew something was off about you, but I didn't expect this. Does anyone else know?"

"Sulli and Lu Han," Sehun nodded in response.

"You'll tell the others tomorrow." Sehun statement made Alice widened her eyes, "They need to know too. Were you planning not to tell us?" Alice shook her head.

"Don't worry I'll tell them tomorrow. It's just I-I hope you don't see it as a burden." Alice looked into Sehun eyes. He noticed a sincere tone on her words.

"I only hope you don't cause us troubles or pain, Alice," Sehun left to his room leaving the girl alone in the living room still processing what happened.

Tomorrow...I'll have to tell them. Alice sighed. A long night and day was waiting for her.

           


 

 author's note 

»This was rather short, but I hope you enjoyed it ;) a bit of SehunxAlice interaction :P

I'll try to update tomorrow ok? I need to edit a bit the next chapter so be patient for it ^^