Seen

Misfire

 

 chapter ten 

Seen

 


 

Sulli was flying, no one could be able to see her due to the dark night and because she was really high too. She wanted to take a break from being a day in the apartment, sometimes it was really boring being alone in that place most of the time. Due to that she visited the boys work every day. That way she felt less alone, but sometimes she had to stay home because they were really busy with work or with their studies. When that happens, she flies, really late, when everybody was already sleeping.

Little by little she found herself stepping in a building. The breeze was really cold that night that it made her shivered.

The girl hugged her sweeter tighter as she looked around; her eyes widened. Someone was sleeping peacefully there. It amazed her, that person was laying on the cold and hard floor. Sulli realized it was a she. Her head resting on a grey bag and a coat covering her top as a blanket.

That girl, that girl she somehow felt familiar with, suddenly woke up. She sat up straight as Sulli made her way towards her, but the she didn't notice her until the angel apprentice spoke.

"What are you doing here?"

Alice's eyes widened and faced the girl next to her. In that moment, Sulli recognized her. It was the girl she saw in the coffee shop the other day, the one who caught her attention, the one who made her felt something was off about her.

"I'm...well, I was sleeping," Alice stood up fixed her bag and put her coat.

"Here?" Sulli asked right away feeling a bit concerned, "You don't have a place to stay?" Alice shook her head and looked Sulli in the eyes. In that precise moment, in which Alice looked directly to Sulli's eyes, the latter notice the true identity of the girl she was talking with, she was a demon, an apprentice as she, but not a common demon Sulli used to see, the girl in front of her was kinder and sincere, qualities a demon lack of due to their cold heart, but somehow there was a feeling that she couldn't describe about her. Pain? Hate? Fear? Sulli couldn't guess.

"You noticed it," Alice said as her gaze dropped towards her feet.

Sulli nodded. "You too?" Alice nodded too. The first was referring to her as an angel. After a minute of being silent one of them spoke. "You aren't like the ones I encountered before. You're a different kind of demon," Sulli stated as she walked near.

"I'm also an apprentice like you. It's just that I'm way softer and kinder than the others," Alice smiled. Sulli's eyes widened. That smile reflected sincerity yet pain. It was like looking a beautiful piece of crystal, transparent but fragile.

"Can we talk?" Sulli asked almost pleading. She wanted to know the girl she just met. There was something about her that she likes… that is different. A feeling she couldn't explain. Just by looking at the girl eyes and that smile her heart felt warm. Just by analyzing her caring aura Sulli feels comfortable with her.

Alice nodded. "There's a park a few blocks from here. Let’s go there"

Both of the apprentices made their way towards the big and dark park. It looked somber around that hour; it was almost five in the morning. They sat down in a bench inside that place and started talking.

"I'm Sulli"

"Alice"

Both talked for a while until neither of them said a single word. They conversed about them being apprentices, about how different things are settle in Hell and Heaven and the different behavior each kind has and what they have noticed so far. They realized about so many differences. Most demons are self-centered and depraved, but most angels are noble and hospitable.

A few minutes passed and Sulli spoke. She noticed the sincerity in each word the girl she was talking with all the time.  

"Why are you so different from the other demon apprentices? Your aura is warmer and I can see your true intentions. You don't want to hurt others," Sulli stated and Alice's eyes widened. How someone she just met can guess or knew exactly her true intentions and feelings. Then, it hit her; the demon apprentice realized the girl she was sitting with wasn't a normal angel apprentice. Something told her that Sulli wasn't a normal novice.

"I can see or feel your true intentions just by looking you in the eyes," Sulli added as she saw Alice confused gaze, "it's an ability I have"

"I thought the angel apprentices weren’t supposed to have abilities," Alice said hugging her coat tighter. The night was getting colder and her state was worsening, the demon apprentice was, in fact, sick and weak still.

"I know, but I can't explain it myself either…the real reason I became an apprentice" Sulli whispered the last part.

"What do you mean?" Alice looked at the girl next to her waiting for an answer, but when Sulli opened both of the girls heard a noise coming from the bushes. Suddenly four young males around twenty five to thirty appeared, all of them obviously drunk.

"Wow! We must be lucky. Two young beautiful girls appeared in front of us," one of them said as he made her way towards Sulli and Alice. Both girls stood up, but got surround by the other males making both of the girl's back touched.

"Let us go," Sulli blurted feeling afraid of the males’ true intentions. They weren't in a stable position, it was obvious that their nature, exactly their desire, was governing their minds and if you add the alcohol effect, the result was obviously bad.

"How cute, isn't it? The taller girl thinks we'll them go this easily," the guy in front of Sulli said as he make her face him grabbing her chin. Sulli stiffened, she was afraid.

"Don't touch her," Alice grabbed the male wrist and squeezed it tightly, with no mercy, and made him stumbled a bit.

"We have a tough one," the one behind Alice smirked as he hugged Alice's waist tightly. The latter growled and took the male wrists strongly. She lifted his weight towards the front making him fall hard to the floor. Sulli and the others male’s eyes widened. The one in the floor complained from the pain, but didn't stand up. The alcohol effect made difficult for him to keep his balance and helping him stay awake.

"You little !" two of them made their ways to Alice. Both attacking her at the same time. One tried to punch her, but she dodged it and soon she kicked him in his ribs making him fall in the ground. The other one tried the same, punched her, but Alice took his punch and made him flip and soon he felt too. At least, her battle practices, which Alice thought were useless, with Azazel had helped her for the first time.

"Alice!" Sulli yelled. The called lifted her gaze and the sight freighted her. The last guy had grabbed Sulli. His right arm around her neck and his left holding a knife near the angel apprentice's face.

"Now be a good girl and don't move," he whispered and smirked, "if you move single inch this pretty face will get hurt." Alice froze. How was she supposed to save Sulli without hurting her, sure she was strong enough to fight a drunk male, they were weaker in this state, but it'll make Sulli get hurt if she got near them. She had to think fast the other guys could be reacting soon and it will worsen up things.

Think, Alice, think! she thought, but the cold she was feeling wasn't helping at all. In fact, Alice was still weak due to sleeping outside all this time and the lack of vital-energy she has. But in that moment Sulli realized if the only way they could make it if this she let Alice got near them, but it'd lead her getting hurt. However in that moment it didn't matter if she will get hurt, she trusts Alice enough to take the risk. "Do it!" She yelled.

Alice woke up from her thoughts. “Do it,” Sulli mouthed. She ran towards them understanding Sulli´s message, the man seeing her getting near them made a deep cut in Sulli's cheek. The girl moaned from pain; a few seconds later Alice pounced him. Soon the man felt to the ground.

Alice grabbed Sulli's wrist and yelled "Run!" Both of them started running not knowing where they body will lead them. Minutes later they legs hurt from running as they stopped. The sunlight woke up making the cold freeze leave for a moment, but the atmosphere was still cold.
Both of the girls were heavily breathing. Sulli touched her left injured cheek, blood was coming from it, but it didn't matter anymore what was important is that both of them were safe.

Alice felt the cold freeze made her way towards her back. She felt cold and she was shivering too.

"Thank-" before Sulli could thanks her, Alice passed out. Sulli grabbed her immediately and realized Alice’s cold, she was shivering and she had fever too. How she didn't notice her current state before? What it impressed the angel the most was that the demon was strong enough to deal with their attackers and her sickness. Alice was a strong girl, physically, and also pretty determinate person.

Soon the angel apprentice carried her in her back and flew away as the sunlight reflected in the sky. Sulli was heading back to the apartment.

 


 

 author's note 

» O M G ! Things will start to get spicy xD what the guys reaction will be when they see Alice? I wonder...what Lu Han´s reaction will be x3

Well, I hope you enjoyed the chapter!