Encourage

Misfire

 

 chapter thirty-six

Encourage


Listen this as you read: 


 

Sulli wondered if Alice was supposed to be a demon apprentice, wasn’t she supposed to have over hundred years? Or at least over fifty, she hoped.

Alice sighed. I guess I will tell them. At least, they deserve to know her age. It’s the least thing she could tell them. It’s the less harmless information she could gave them.

“I’m younger than Lu Han,” Alice turned towards the mentioned boy, who had an un-readable face. It was like a mixture between astonishment, wonderment and pleased. The latter maybe because he found out that Alice was younger. There wasn’t an enormous , yet when he felt for her, Lu Han forgot about that difference. He completely forgot the age differences. For him it didn’t matter.

Alice smiled as she looked at him then she turned toward the youngest among the group, “And I’m the same age as Jongin and Sehun”

“You are the same age as us?” Kai wondered. Alice nodded as she laughed. “Why? Do I look older than you guys?”

Jongin and Sehun looked at each other with a dumbfound gaze as they shook their heads. “You look pretty young, Alice,” Sehun complimented.

Actually, the six boys presume Alice had almost the same age as Sulli. She wasn’t human after all, but she just proved them wrong. The demon apprentice just revealed she was nineteen years old. And revealing that information about her made one of her disguises felt.

 

-

 

Next morning, Lu Han explained his disappearance. He explained what had happened that cause him to not answer any single phone call or text message back. And he was sorry for it.

He was sorry for making them worry about his whereabouts. He regretted acting like he was all alone when he had people who cared for him and supported him. He regretted acting so selfish because he was only think about the pain he was suffering, when his friend were also on the same shoes as him. They were concern.

Lu Han had to be strong to overcome this.

But only time can heal those bad scars in his soul. Time and comfort.

Support from the people who likes you. Assistance from your closest ones. Love from your loved ones.

That day he decided to visit his mother grave once again, but he wasn’t alone. Alice accompanied him.

That day, Lu Han didn’t attend college because he wanted to visit his mother. And because he was still in pain. He needed a bit of time to heal his wounds.

Or maybe he just needed someone’s support to let his emotions fly. Lu Han needed someone’s shoulders to cry on. He needs someone who already experimented the same pain as his. Someone who understands him.

Lu Han and Alice were in front of the first mother’s grave. The girl was holding a bouquet of flowers both choose before coming.

It was Lu Han’s mother favorite’s flowers: magnolias.

Alice placed them down as she looked at the gravestone.

Somehow, she felt pain as she read the name, Lu Han’s mother’s name. Her heart tightened with the sight and he felt like crying too.

It was a painful sight. Realizing someone you love is no longer with you it’s torturing because that agony, that shock, follows you around wherever you go. It makes you feel misery and make your heart weak and empty. You feel emptiness.

Alice felt something wet in her cheek as well as her vision got a bit blurry. She touched her wet cheek and realized it was a tear. A tear form pain and sorrow. Alice was indeed crying silently.

She turned her gaze towards Lu Han, who had been looking at the grave the entire time. Alice wondered what he was thinking about and realized it when his gaze got crystalline and fragile.

Lu Han was in pain.

And the only thing that could heal him it’s crying.

He needed to get out from his chest the burden he was feeling. All those mixed emotions were making him suffer.

“It’s ok to cry”

Alice got near him and embraced him into a comforting hug. She caressed his back slowly as she whispered once again “Lu Han, it’s ok to cry”

Then Lu Han burst into tears as he returned the hug and rested his forehead into Alice’s shoulders. He cried and sobbed. He didn’t contain his emotions any more. He had suffered enough. All this time, all this years, he had suffered enough. He and his mother bearded with torment enough. So there was no reason for him to undercover all martyrdom he went though because sooner or later he’ll burst. He won’t be able to restrain anymore.

Alice comforted him all the time. She had been with him all the time.

When a person you love, somehow, you feel the pain they are carrying too. She knew that because she felt like that. Not only because Alice had experimented the same experience, she had already get over it, (or that’s what she thought) but also because seeing Lu Han hide his emotions was disturbing.

But, at the end, Lu Han cried. He cried and cried for minutes. Maybe it was longer than just a few minutes. Alice didn’t notice time because the only thought in her head was being there, supporting Lu Han no matter what.

Somehow Alice also cried with him. Some tears felt from her eyes after a while she heard him lamented. Her embrace got stronger, as well as Lu Han’s, as the girl wept too.

The moment Alice noticed Lu Han silence, she assumed he had stopped, but she didn’t do anything to break the hug. Both remained in that state for a bit longer.

Each other’s presence was enough to feel contended, better and warmer. They knew, even if they didn’t exchange words, their thoughts and feelings at that moment. It was like the silent spoke for them.

In that moment, they only need each other’s support to overcome it.

Lu Han’s gaze searched for Alice’s as he lifted his gaze.

“You feel better?” Alice asked with a small smile.

Lu Han nodded as their foreheads touched. They had closed their eyes due to the proximity.

“Thank you.” Alice felt Lu Han’s hot breathing next to her lips as bit her lower lips because of the smile her lips were forming.

Lu Han’s hands made her way towards Alice’s cheeks and caressed them gently. Alice opened her eyes slightly as she heard him talk.

“Thanks for being with me and for bear with my laments and stubbornness”

Alice laughed with his sentence. She was also grateful with him. Because of his tenderness and honesty.  Thanks to him Alice felt loved and cared once again.

She was glad. She got to smile more and more. All because of him.

Alice’s eyes met Lu Han’s and noticed his face get closer and closer, still with his hands cupping her face, then she felt his lips touched hers.

Lu Han kissed her gently and lovingly. Even if it was just a simple, but deep and brief kiss, Alice got aware of Lu Han’s interest and affection through it.

After it, both left the place.

Lu Han had to be brave and strong enough to overcome this slide of his life. But with Alice, Sulli and his friend’s help it would be easier for him.

He wasn’t alone after all. He had his beloved ones love and support.