Meeting her I

Misfire

 

 chapter twelve 

Meeting her I


 

Lu Han bend down to take a closer look at the girl’s face. His hand got near to Alice’s face, but before he could even reach it, he stopped realizing what he was doing.

What the heck I'm doing?!

He stood up quickly still looking at her. Sulli came from her room and notice Lu Han's deep gaze in the sleeping girl.

"Lu Han, you arrived already," Sulli stated softly while she made her way towards them.

He nodded."Mind explaining why she is here?"

There was an awkward silence until Sulli bent down next to Alice and caressed her head softly, really gentle.

"It's a long history actually," the angel whispered.

"We have time. The others are coming later"

Lu Han was the one in charge if the apartment. As the oldest of them he had to take the responsibility of whatever happens there even if it’s not related with him, even if it didn't interested him. He had the obligation to know.

Sulli and Lu Han were in the dining room table, which was in front if the couch were the demon apprentice was resting silently. The latter's back facing her and the diary facing the already mentioned.

The boy was waiting for Sulli to start explaining him, but her gaze was down playing with her fingers. He thought she would not say anything until he said something, but she did.

"She saved me," the girl muttered and Lu Han's eyes widened. "She was sick and she even saved me." Sulli's gaze changed to one full with concerned and worry.

"What happened?" Lu Han asked as he rested his back in the chair folding his arms. He was pretty interest on the details.

Sulli told him everything, from the time she was flying to the moment they bumped into their attackers and, finally, when Alice passed out and bring her to the apartment. Lu Han had serious face always looking at Sulli directly. His gaze made her shivered because it showed no emotions, it was really cold. If the girl didn't have her ability to recognized Lu Han’s real intentions, she could interpret that look as not interested, indifferent, but Lu Han was worried for both. It is just he didn't showed it. The cold stare he had it was due to concern and trying to be calm.

"Be more careful next time," Lu Han finished as he stood up and made his way towards his room. He had to go to work.

The angel’s gaze landed on Alice who was sleeping softly as Lu Han left and made her way towards her.

Lu Han got out if his room already dressed with a white shirt and black jeans. That was his waiter's uniform. He noticed the angel seated on the couch in front of the girl who was resting. Alice was still sleeping. Due to Alice losing too much of her energy and also due to fear, she was in a deep sleep.

"Why you don't take her to your room?" Lu Han stood next to Sulli, "She'll be more comfortable if she rests there"

Sulli looked up. "If she wakes up? She needs to rest without any disturbance"

Lu Han chuckled. "Come in Sulli. I bet she won't wake up until a while. It's been six hours already since she felt asleep?"

The girl nodded. "Still…I don-" Lu Han carried Alice bride style and faced Sulli, who was surprised by the boy sudden action. "Open your room door"

Sulli ran to the room and opened it. Lu Han entered and placed Alice in her bed. Sulli covered her with her warm blankets.

"When I come back we will talk" Sulli nodded in response. Then Lu Han left the room and then the apartment.
 

-

 

Alice opened her eyes slowly; she realized she wasn't lying on the living room's couch anymore, but in a cozy and small room's two size bed. It was comfortable and warm…being in that room. A smile appeared on the girl's lips as she sat up straight analyzing her surroundings. She noticed the only lights that illuminates the room was the one from the window next to her, to her right, and the small lamp, next to the window.

The door from her left opened revealing Sulli with a plate with food.

"Here. Eat this. You haven't eaten something since this morning." Sulli gave her the plate which contained a homemade porridge. Alice took it and started eating.

"Is this your room?" The demon asked before she started chunking her food. The angel just nodded.

"You carry me here?" Sulli shook her head no making eye contact with Alice.

"Mind telling me who brought me to your room?" The way Alice asked was so gentle that Sulli couldn't help but tell her.

"Lu Han, a friend of mine, mind to bring you here. He said you'll be more comfortable here." Alice just nodded still eating.

It was silent until Alice finished her food. She had been sleeping twelve hours already. The clock marked 10:17 pm. The reason why she slept for so long was due to her being sick and the fact needing vital energy it made her exhausted. Alice needed to rest to recover and not to depend on someone else’s energy. Even if that was the most recommendable action to do. She hated stealing it; even if it can be dangerous for her state not to do that: rob.

"You feel better," Sulli smiled towards Alice, who mumbled a “Mhm” and smile a bit.

"You seem a bit pale tough," the first added. "You should rest more" Alice shook her head.

"I can't…I have to go. I can't stay here, especially with you." Alice stood up from the bed, handed Sulli her empty plate and made her way towards the door. She stopped and faced the angel.

"Thanks for your concern, Sulli," the girl bowed, "but I can't manage to stay here with you longer. I don't want to cause you trouble. Since you know...I'm a demon apprentice."

Alice touched the door's knob, the angel following from behind. Sulli decided to speak up before Alice left.

"You aren't being a burden. You can stay here. You can stay," she paused as Alice back was no longer facing her, now Alice was looking Sulli directly to her eyes. Alice wondered if she could trust her, she was an angel apprentice, someone Alice was prohibited to have contact with, but since when the mentioned female listened to orders? Alice shook her head with that thought smiling a bit. Sure it was dangerous for both being close to each other, but Alice thought she needed someone she can trust and that person maybe is the girl she was standing in front of, something tells her that she can trust Sulli. When Alice was about to answer Sulli the main door opened. Baekhyun, Tao and Chanyeol came in.

"Hey, Sul-" they stopped as they saw her standing with an unknown girl.

Alice turned around facing the boys. All of the boy’s eyes grew wider with the sight of the familiar and beautiful girl who was standing in front of them. Alice recognized them right away, yet she wouldn't say about it.

"Guys, y-you are here," Sulli shuddered. The girl was trying to break the awkward silence.

"Mhmm," Baekhyun said. He remembered where he saw the familiar unknown girl before, the day he and Tao were to that cake shop. He recalled it.

"Is she your friend, Sulli?" Tao asked with a smile drawn on his face changing a bit the heave atmosphere, "Is she an angel too?"

The question surprised Alice and Sulli, the first due to them knowing Sulli being an angel apprentice and the latter for not knowing what to answer. She couldn't tell them Alice was a demon apprentice, could she? If they knew they will freak out, right? But before Sulli could answer Alice did it for her.

"Actually I just met Sulli. She was showing me around your apartment. And no I'm not an angel"

The three of them looked a bit confused. How Sulli can bring a stranger to their home? But they remembered Sulli's ability. If the latter trusted her it was fine, it meant the visitor wasn't meaning any harm.

"I'm Chanyeol, this guy next to me, the smallest, is Baekhyun and he is Tao"

Baekhyun hit hard Chanyeol's arm and Tao waved.

"Yah! Chanyeol, idiot! How you dare to introduce me like that?!" Chanyeol tried to protect himself from Baekhyun, but he couldn't due to his laugh dominating his movements. Tao, Alice and Sulli laughed. Tao remembered hearing that laugh before. He wondered if it was her.

"I'm Alice by the way," she waved, “Nice to meet you”

Chanyeol's eyes widened as he heard her name. It couldn't be her, could she? Alice wasn’t a common name in Korea, so he assumed she was the girl his little brother met when the latter visited him

"How was college by the way?" Sulli asked.

"Boring as hell," Baekhyun answered as he stretched his arms. Tao and Chanyeol nodded.
Alice looked at them full with curiosity. Did Sulli live together with these three good-looking guys and the one she mentioned to her before? That boy named Lu Han?

"You all live here? Together?" Alice asked as she looked Sulli for an answer who nodded in response.

"In fact, is the four of us and three friends more," Chanyeol stated and Alice's eyes widened. Now she regretted her decision of staying with Sulli. She can handle living with an angel, but not if you add six boys to it. The penalty will be really severe for her.

"S-Sulli, I think I should go. It's getting late"

"But where are you staying?!" Sulli took Alice's right arm, "I won't allow you to sleep in the streets!"

Did she needed to say that out loud!?

"What?!" The three guy’s eyes widened.

"You stayed on the streets?!" Tao said surprised. Alice's gaze dropped to the floor.

"That reaction means yes," Baekhyun added and Alice blushed a bit.

 "I think neither of us would want to you to stay outside. You can stay here," Sulli smiled.

"There must be a reason for Sulli bringing you here if she just met you and we trust her”, Baekhyun stated making Alice smiled softly in response.

"Thank you, Baekhyun. But what about Lu Han?" Sulli was worried. If she didn't ask the oldest about letting Alice stay maybe it'll cause troubles.

"Don't worry. That idiot is not that cold-hearted to let her sleep in the streets and it’s just for today. Tomorrow you talk to him and settle things since you were the one who brought her." Sulli smiled and nodded happily.

Sulli and Alice entered the angel's room. The first looked in her closet some clothes she could lend Alice and took a white over-side shirt and her grey sweat pants. Sulli handed them to Alice.

"Thank you, Sulli"

"No problem"

After both girls changed into more comfortable clothes, they rested on the bed and soon felt asleep. Sulli laying on the right, next to the lamp and the window, and Alice in the left while her back was facing the door's cozy room.