Apprehend

Misfire
 

 chapter twenty-two

Apprehend


 

“Is Sehun always like this?” Alice asked Lu Han while she was cleaning the table. They were working at the coffee shop and the girl noticed the mentioned boy avoid making any kind of effort. He was just sitting at the back watching carefully the costumers that entered and left. Sometimes Alice saw him cleaning a bit and serving some clients, but most of the time he was just sitting at back.

Lu Han nodded and turned his gaze towards his friend, who was currently sitting at the back. Sehun was sleeping. “He´s always like this.”

“He doesn’t get into trouble, does he?” She turned her gaze towards Sehun too.

“Funny he doesn’t, but he knows when he has to help and when hasn´t. Now he just stays there because there aren’t so many clients.”

Alice just nodded and turned to leave.

During all the evening the boys and the girl served all the costumers that arrived the coffee shop. And, from far, one of them couldn’t help but observed her, making sure she was fine, watching every single little smile she gave the female and male costumers and noticing every single acting she did all that time.

“Had fun observing her?”

Lu Han´s eyes widened and turned around. There was Kai standing in front of him with his usual smirk.

“What do you mean?”

Kai chuckled and shook his head slightly. “Don’t be so obvious. You have a thing for her and I wouldn’t blame you. Alice is a really nice person.”

Lu Han was silent for a few seconds. He couldn’t explain the urge he felt when the girl was around and before he even realized it Lu Han found himself looking at her. He was like hypnotized by her, by her small footsteps around the shop, by the simple words she said, by the small glances she gave him, by all.

All this girl did was so different for him. Lu Han can’t describe it; the reason why he was always looking at her.

Lu Han looked up and his gaze felt on this girl, who was at the back of the coffee shop cleaning the tables. He smirked. He was observing her, again.

“Just be careful”

Lu Han and Kai turned to the side where the voice came from. It was from Sehun.

“Apart from her personality, we don’t know much about of her” Sehun´s tone was soft, but plain, yet both of the boys notice a taste of worry in his words.

It was true. They only knew her name and her way of acting, her warm and sincere personality. They didn’t know about her previous background, where did she came from, her family, her age, her last name, if she had one. In fact, the boys doesn’t know that much about her, she´s kind of a mystery, almost an stranger, for them yet.

 Lu Han sighed softly.

Alice was like a puzzle which pieces needed to put together and when you finally complete it, you´ll be able to know her complete. But this is a really difficult task because she hides a secret; a secret that can lead her to failure; a secret that can be dangerous for her and the ones around her. And being the caring person she was, she won´t reveal it. She won’t hurt others.

-

“What can you tell me about demons?”

Alice´s eyes widened as she looked to her left. Lu Han was walking next to her; Kai and Sehun were ahead, not so far because they heard Lu Han´s question perfectly, making them aware what´s the conversation about.

“Why the sudden curiosity?”

“I just want to know.” From the corner of her eye, she noticed the slightly smirk formed in Lu Han’s lip.

The girl sighed. Explaining about her kind it a bit complicated, even she can’t understand it completely, and scary too.

Also she was aware that both of the boys ahead could hear her perfectly.

Alice explained that exists different type of demons in hell, some not so dangerous, but most of all are. The apprentices are the weakest ones and are prohibited to hurt humans or angels, or any living thing, it was a rule thing. But, in fact, apprentices won´t ever be equal or similar to real full-demons, they won´t ever be like them, because apprentices lack of something, evilness. That´s why they´re call apprentices, to learn about evil, hostility, envy, cruelty, etc; also the number of them won´t pass two digits, their kind is really rare. Full-demons are born not form from training nor learning.

Novices try to fit in hell, but they are always scorned, because of what they are, learners, and because they wouldn’t be able to manipulate others emotions as real full-demons. Even if their intentions are full with hatred, they powers aren’t strong enough. So, in hell, the demon amateurs, most of the time, are unnoticed. Powerful demons don’t care about them.

“Have an apprentice failed before?” Alice turned to look Lu Han, who was looking ahead, with a soft sight, “I mean failed in becoming a demon.” He turned to look the girl who was walking next to him.

“I don’t know. I haven’t been informed about it,” Alice turned to the front, “And what scares me the most is being oblivious about what can happen if I fail.” She hugged her sweeter tightly and rubbed her sides, the weather was getting colder, and she shivered too, but almost unnoticeable.

After a couple steps Alice felt a jacket on her shoulder. She looked to her side and noticed Lu Han walking with a shirt and a cardigan above. Alice was wearing Lu Han´s jacket. She wondered how he noticed her shivering, but the girl was glad, she felt warmer now.

“You´ll get cold if you give me your jacket,” Alice smiled as she hugged the piece of clothing. Lu Han´s jacket felt really comfortable and warm. It was big on her, but still she felt good in it.

“You need it more than I,” Lu Han turned to look at the girl and gave her a delighted look. She in response smiled too.

In that moment, Alice felt really warm, not her body but her heart.

Little by little she was opening up to the boys and Sulli, but mostly to Lu Han, but she still needs to be careful. Alice can´t let them know the secret she is carrying on her shoulder, yet.

 


 author's note 

» Luhan gave Alice his jacket wasn't it cute?! >///< I was dying to write a chapter like this long time ago so this is how it turned out :)

Please pay attention to the last sentece! *cough*Alice'ssecrets*cough* It's an important fact (;

And I just added a quote by Ann Marie Frohoff "I've come to realize that love is tragic, somewhere down the line it's inevitable. Fight for it"