Rendezvous

Misfire

 chapter one 

Rendezvous


It was five in the afternoon, Lu Han was walking back to the apartment he shared with his best friends Sehun, Jongin, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Tao, but he was walking alone because some of the boys had classes and the others had work.  He just skipped the activities he was supposed to do that day because he was feeling sick. Lu Han had been feeling sick the last three days. Sometimes he felt dizzy and tired. Sometimes he felt his body energy got weaker. Maybe it was flu or maybe just stress from college.

 

Suddenly, when he turned the corner, he saw a pretty weird, but usual car accident. A red car had just crashed with a truck, but it seems that the people involved were safe, they just had some cuts in their arms and their faces. There was an ambulance and a police car. The officers were interrogating the victims involved as they were healed.


"It’s weird, the cars are really damaged, but the ones who were involved in this accident seem to be ok", a woman said.

 

"You can say its lucky then", the one next to her answered.


Lu Han, out of curiosity, took a look at the vehicles, the car and the trunk. His gaze, in that moment, change to one was full of confusion and curiosity. The front of the car was pretty damaged, almost destroyed. The trunk was fine. It just had some scratches at the sides.

 

As he walked away, he wondered how was possible the victims were fine. The car was ruin, but the driver was fine.  


Lu Han walked a bit farther. He was just a few blocks away from his destination, but he heard someone talking in the alley.


"Yes, they seem to be ok," a girl said ", but really shocked from the accident"


"Ok, but next time it won't be a task that simple “another voice said, this was deeper, sure was from man, "prepare for your next task"


"Yes, sir" Alice answered. With that the man disappeared and the girl sighed.


Alice turned around and she saw this handsome boy looking at her with inquisitiveness. She gasped. 

 

"D-Did you by c-chance...heard?" She asked trembling and with a low voice.


"Yes. Mind explaining what that was about?" Lu Han asked "You caused it? The accident"

 

Alice knew what the boy in front of her was referring to. So she just nodded, almost noticeable.


From the moment Lu Han saw the girl standing there he thought she was beautiful, she had long and dark-brown hair, her eyes were also dark brown, but she emitted an aura that seems to be not normal. It was like she was human, but at the same time she wasn’t. Her aura makes him feel heavy and weird.

 

"Your aura it’s different"

 

Her eyes widened from words. "What do mean by my aura"

"It's not normal. It just... Just feel like you are not human, but at the same time you are" he whispered the last part. If her suppositions were correct, he wasn't a normal human. It seems this boy can feel the presence from angels and demons by noticing their auras. And the reason for this is because either he at an early age had any kind of bond with angels or demons, or, maybe and almost impossible, it was because he was descendant from any of those kinds.

 

"It's because I'm not fully human" Alice said almost like a whisper.

 

"Neither an angel, but something else"

 

"You know angels, don't you?" He nodded.

 

Alice was right at her suppositions. One out of the two might be right, but most likely the first.

 

She sighed. "You should stay away from me. I will cause you trouble because I'm-"

 

"-a demon," Lu Han cut her, "you are a demon?"

 

"Not officially, I'm an apprentice," Alice said looking down her feet.

 

"You don't look like one," Lu Han whispered.

 

"You said it I don't look like one,” the female paused for about four seconds and continue talking. She was being careful with the words she used, “but that's what I am," she added looking around.

 

"That's what I was supposed to be since the day I was born," she finished looking him at the eyes.


In that moment he felt that she had a story, from the tacit look in her eyes Lu Han knew she didn't want to hurt anybody, but she just couldn't do anything. Despite that sad, cold and distant look in her eyes and her dark aura she also emitted a pure and kind feeling that he can't describe, that somehow attracted him.

 

"What's y-"she cut him before Lu Han finished.

 

"-You should go. They are still near. I don't want you to be involved" Alice said. "Go before they see you"

 

Lu Han knew she was referring to the other demons. He knew they were dangerous. There wasn’t anything he could do against them. At first he felt concerned for the girl, but soon that thought disappeared, she was one of their kind, a demon, so there wasn’t need for that feeling, so he turned around and he was just about to run, but she stopped him.

 

"Wait, before that," she got close to him and touched his forehead with her left land. Lu Han's cheeks got red with her touch and his eyes widened.

 

“You were sick, right?" After that she dropped her hand, "there you go, you can go now" Alice said and turned, her back facing him, “leave now, they are coming back," she added.

 

With that Lu Han started running to the apartment. When he arrived he notice that the headache and dizziness from this morning disappeared.

 

"What did just happen?" Lu Han said while touching his forehead.

He realized the girl he just saw had healed him. She cured him.

 

In that moment, Lu Han realized the different behavior that girl had. She didn’t look scary or evil as most of books portraits demons or how most people describe them. She looked like she was all the opposite from the stereotypes people address them. Yet, she was still a demon so he had to be careful if he met her again. Even if she was an apprentice, he had to be careful.

 

Lu Han didn’t know why, but he knew he will meet her again. He had that feeling.

 

 


 author's note 

» First chapter! I hope you enjoyed it :)