Childhood

Misfire

 

 chapter twenty-seven 

Childhood


“Mom, you came back early from work?” A young boy around seven years old asked as he noticed his mother entering the small apartment they lived. The place where they stay was pretty small. There was only one bedroom, a small kitchen that’s united with the living room and a narrow bathroom. Even if it was a small apartment they were happy. It was small but cozy.

The woman who was around her late twenties smiled at his only child. She got near and patted his head softly. “Lu Han, remember to do your homework. I´ll have to leave to my second work”

The young Lu Han nodded his head in response. He couldn’t say anything against his mother not to go to work.  She was doing her best to bring the food for both of them. She was doing her best to move on. She was trying her best for her child´s future and her determination helped her a lot during all this time, during this entire journey.

Lu Han saw his mother left once again the apartment and he was sure she won´t come back until late. Deep inside, he was really worried for her. Deep inside, he was really concern. Deep inside, he wished thing were better for both, his mother and him. Deep inside, he wondered why he had to live a live like this painful. At his young age, Lu Han had to overcome such a painful life. This was the reality he had to face at this young, but he was also doing his best to succeed in life and not to defraud neither his mother neither himself.

“Lu Han?” a female voice interrupted his thoughts, “Do you want me to watch your mother?”

“It´s ok, Sulli,” he answered trying to smile, “Today I want you to make me some company”

The mentioned girl noticed his crestfallen smile. She knew he felt lonely. He was just a kid after all. Lu Han was aware of their situation, but he was still trying to be strong and Sulli admire him for that. He was an admirable person.

Lu Han met Sulli some months ago when he and his mother moved from China to South Korea. He noticed her on his first day of school. He saw her standing at the main entrance of his school when classes were over and most of the students were coming back to their houses. The young Lu Han decided to go near to her because he noticed her wings, her gorgeous wings, and also because it looked like nobody saw her, the students just passed by her side.

The moment when Lu Han talked to her, Sulli noticed his true and pure nature at that age. Lu Han was a sincere kid. At first, he thought of her as his imaginary friend with beautiful white and shining wings and a really truthful smile. She was his first friend. Sulli helped him to improve his korean as he went to school. Sometimes she even translated him what the teachers or his schoolmates said. She was really helpful. Not only she helped him with his homework, but also she accompanied him when he was alone at home and sometimes, if Lu Han asked her to do so, she followed his mother during her late routines just to make sure she was fine. Later Lu Han realized that Sulli wasn’t an invention his mind created. She was real, but she wasn’t human. Sulli was an angel. An apprentice of an angel.

Sulli stayed with Lu Han during seven years. She stayed with him all that time because she was worried not only for the boy but also for his mother. The angel knew, thanks to her powers, that the mentioned female had a disease and she was fighting against it all this time. Yet, the mother didn’t tell a thing to his son because she didn’t want him to worry, neither Sulli did. That was during five years, when Lu Han was already twelve, Sulli thought he was old enough to know about it so she told him. What Sulli didn’t expect was that he was fine, he looked fine and compressible with the topic, but deep she knew Lu Han was profoundly worried for his mother´s health.

“I´m sorry I was the one who told you about your mom´s disease and not her,” Sulli stated with a sad gaze, “I thought you needed to know it already”

Lu Han shook his head as he smiled to her, “Don’t worry. Sooner or later I would have found out. I was getting suspicious after all and you just confirmed my doubts. I´ll have to keep an eye on her and take care of her better from now on” Sulli smiled profoundly. One of the qualities she noticed on the boy is the care he has for the ones he loves. Lu Han makes sure the ones around him, specially his beloved ones, are fine. He takes care of them on his own way. Even if he doesn’t say a word or shows it, he worries.

Lu Han did his best to help his mother on everything he could do; mostly with house chores. Sometimes his mother asked him to stop saying that his only responsibility was studying, but Lu Han as the stubborn kid he was, and he still is, he insisted on helping, not only because he knew his mother would take care of it if he didn’t but also due to her sickness and he noticed how tired she was when she arrived from work. That was the least thing he could do for her, help her with the house chores because he was still too young to work. Even Sulli helped him sometimes.

“Sulli, why my mom can´t see you?” the young boy asked as he folded the clean clothes.

“Because I´m hiding when she arrives. I hide my aura and my body,” she answered folding the clothes next to him.

“Why?” he insisted, “There´s no need to hide when she´s around. She´s a good person. She won’t judge you”

Sulli sighed. Lu Han was still too young and naïve to comprehend the adults way of thinking and also due to her powers she was aware of the sincerity of the woman, but still she preferred not to reveal herself. It was a decision she made when she met Lu Han´s mother: took care of her, but from far, not revealing herself. Sulli thought this was the best for the three of them.

“Maybe, when you get older you´ll understand,” she smiled.

“Sulli,” the mentioned girl turned to look at the young boy who just called her, “promise me you won’t hide from my friends”

Sulli smiled widely and nodded. She was sure that later Lu Han would meet amazing and sincere friends. She had that feeling. And her ability to see the people real´s intentions would help her to judge if his friends were legit as the faithful person Lu Han was.