Concern

Misfire
 

 chapter twenty-five 

Concern

 


It´s has been around a month since Alice moved with the boys and Sulli. She felt comfortable being around them, they were really friendly and funny. If we compare they relationship now from the one thirty days ago, the friendship was skip to the next level, it had been develop not only for Alice, but for Sulli too. Even if the time was this short, they now address each other as close friends, because they trust each other, and that is amity is based on: confidence.

But there´s something that it had been bothering Alice. She still had no news about the hell-council, neither how things are in hell and specially she had no news about her mentor, Azazel. Even if it was just a month, the council hasn’t informed a single word to her, neither her tutor.  Even if she doesn’t show it or say it, she cares for him, because he had help her a lot, but still she doesn’t trust him that much due to his position in hell. Azazel is a powerful demon, who says he wouldn’t betray her, he´s a demon after all. He´s a full-demon, not like her. He was born with the crave for hurting others, to make them vulnerable, to see them in pain. Yet, he took care of Alice and helped her during all the time she was living on hell.

“Alice?” The girl look up and then to the side where the voice came from.

“Is everything all right?” Sulli asked her. She noticed how Alice´s gaze was absent-minded all the time since the first sat next to her. Even if the television was Alice´s look was somewhere else and Sulli knew, she noticed it.

Sulli was the only one Alice could talk freely about the problems in hell, but still the latter hid some secrets even to her.

“I´m worry about Azazel and things in hell,” Alice mumbled softly, but loud enough for Sulli to hear.

“Your mentor?” Alice nodded, “you know sooner or later he´ll appear”

“I know, but the thing I worry the most is the next task. If he comes back that means that everything is settle and the exam for demon-apprentices is just around the corner,” Alice sighed and her hands tremble a bit, she was in fact scared, “and I don’t think I’ll be able to pass it”

“You need to be strong,” Sulli grabbed her hands softly and caring, “you have the support of the six of us, so there´s not need to be scared”

Alice looked up and smiled softly, actually Sulli was still oblivious about the real her and her real fear. She doesn’t want to pass the exam, if she could, she´d avoid it, but she can’t. Alice fears failure and the consequences of her acts, she already broke some of the rules when she became friends with Sulli and the boys, but the fact of failing the exam is something she isn’t prepare of and the painful consequences of it.

“We already broke the rules, you know?” Alice smirked lightly. She already learned that habit from spending so much time with Lu Han and Kai, but she doesn’t do it that often as them.

“Yeah,” Sulli smiled, “what would happen to you if they found out?”

“I´m not sure”

Sulli eyes got wider and shuttered, “y-you d-don’t know?!”

Alice nodded. She was confused. Did Sulli know the repercussion of a demon becoming friends with an angel? Was it that bad maybe? But Alice believes if the punishment was really severe, Sulli wouldn’t have tried to blossom a friendship with her; she´s sure of it, because she knows Sulli´s true intentions. Sulli, as the same as Alice, doesn’t mean to harm anybody.

“Do you know?”

Sulli shook her head, “but I´ve been informed they are really severe”

“That’s true”

“Demons are scary, please be careful”

Alice smiled deeply and hugged Sulli as she whispered a meaningful “thank you”; Sulli felt a bit surprised at her friend little kind action. Actually, both of the girls haven’t shared a single hug before and this proves that their relationship as friends had increased during the months they spent together. Sulli was glad, she really trusts Alice despises being a demon apprentice and the latter reciprocate the feeling.

“Haven’t you asked about it? The punishment?” Sulli asked as they broke the hug.

“I tried to, but what my mentor told me was that the council decides the punishment. They are the ones who dictate the last sentence”

“Do you know which demons are parts of the council?”

“Demon apprentices are prohibited to know who or how many demons are part of it, but I manage to get how many there are: three”

Alice broke another rule when she found out how many demons formed the council. But, in fact, someone told her about them and she investigated about them in hell. She had to be careful not to be caught. All this time, she had to be cautious, and the fact of being an apprentice helped her not to stand-out.

Sulli bit her lower lip as she heard Alice answered her normally. She was worry, really concerned, about her friend. She knew Alice broke another rule and yet the latter wasn’t troubled, she mentioned it normally.

“You shouldn’t be telling me this normally. What if they find out?”

Alice smiled. She was aware of it, but she made sure not to be careless.

“Don’t worry about it. Everything would be alright” But Sulli was already worried. Not knowing the repercussion made her feel uneasy.

In the case of angels, they didn’t have a penalty. They just establish orders and angels must follow them. They are aware that those rules are meant to protect them, so there´s no reason to rebel against them due to those searching the well-being for apprentices, full-angels and humans.

It´s logical. Angels are kind-hearted and demons are the total opposite. Yet, there must exist a balance between them. And both sides are aware of it to be able to coexist in harmony. Neither of them is willing to destroy that balance.

“I´m home”

Both of the girls turned their heads towards the main door. There was Lu Han standing on the frame door with his backpack at the back and some bags at his feet. It looks like he had trouble opening the door due to having so many bags.

Alice and Sulli stood up, but the first went directly towards him and carry some of the bags when Lu Han started taking some too. He got a bit surprised, but it was Alice he was talking about. The caring and sweet person he knows.

“You should´ve told me earlier and I could have gone with you at the market,” she said as she saw the bags which contains some vegetables, rice, flour, sugar and more.

“Actually, I decided to go after my college schedule ended”

“Still”, Alice lifted the bags, “wow, they are heavy. What did you buy rocks?”

They laughed and Alice turned and left towards the kitchen.

Lu Han sighed. He couldn’t fight with her. He knew Alice just wanted to help him.

At the back Sulli gazed them silently and carefully. She noticed a certain look in Lu Han´s eyes and she knew exactly what it was: concerned, happiness and maybe love.

 Lu Han lifted the bags, but before he made his way towards the room Sulli whispered something to him.

“You like her,” she got closer not to be so loud.

He turned his head towards the girl with a confused, but wondering gaze. He couldn’t lie to Sulli, because of her powers and because he knows her the longest.

“I know you do. I haven’t seen that look in your eyes before”, Sulli smiled, “and my powers help me to know your intentions with her”

“Maybe I do,” Lu Han mumbled. Then he left towards the kitchen wearing his usual smirk on his lips.

Sulli, on the other hand, stood there wearing an affectionate a simple smile. She was glad, but also she was concern. She wondered if a relationship between a human and a demon will be ok. Yet, it’s not her responsibility to confront the consequences, Lu Han and Alice must overcome it if they develop any kind of bond towards each other. They´d have to face it. She was aware that Lu Han´s feelings started developing from the moment Alice arrived, yet she tried to ignore it, but now it’s pretty obvious. And, in the case of Alice, she wasn’t sure, but she´ll figure out.

Lu Han entered the kitchen and saw how Alice place the things he bought in the cabinets.

“You sure bought a lot,” she turned around.

“Of course, those pigs eat like there´s no tomorrow. Sometimes it´s like their stomachs have a hole without ending”

Both laughed.

“Lu Han, you also eat a lot,” Alice took a bag of rice and turned.

 He smirked. “Touché”

Alice shook her head and headed towards the cabinet. She opened and tried to place the bag of rice on the top of it, but she failed. She was too short to reach it and the bag´s weight didn’t help at all.

She heard Lu Han´s chuckled at the back.

“Stop laughing and help me”

“Nah it´s more funny watching you struggled”

“Lu Han!”

He continued laughing as he took the bag on Alice´s hands and placed it on the top. Their bodies were really close; their arms brushing each other.

 “Happy?” Lu Han turned and notice the sudden closeness with the girl next to him. It didn’t bother him, in fact, he enjoyed the proximity.

Alice, on the other hand, blushed slightly and turned. “There are more bags. Help me with those.” Her gaze was always on the bags that were place on the table.

Lu Han couldn’t help but smirked at her shyness. He enjoys making fun of her.

After fifteen minutes they finished settling everything.

Alice took a look at the clock before speaking. “Are you going to work?”

Lu Han turned to look at her. “Of course”

She nodded. She wanted to ask him if they could go together, if they could walk together towards the coffee shop, but she was still shy. Alice didn’t know why she suddenly felt the urge to ask him that. She just wanted to spend time with him. Even if Lu Han tends to make fun of her, she knows he cares and she feels comfortable when he´s around because he´s sincere with her and with all his friends.

“We can go together,” Lu Han mumbled, “if you want to”

Alice got a bit surprised, but smiled to him afterwards. Sometimes she wonders how he does it. How easily he can guess her thoughts. Even if she tries to hide it, Lu Han discovers her. Even if she tries to be careful with her actions, Lu Han is a person Alice can’t fool that easily. And all of this makes her feel uneasy because little by little she is opening up with her thoughts, changing her behavior by being more careless and revealing her secrets. Still Alice is still aware of them and being protective over those. She can’t reveal those to them, neither to Sulli.

At the end, Alice and Lu Han walked together towards work.

They walked together silently, but it wasn’t uncomfortable for them, it was like the breeze talked for them. Time to time one of them glance the other when they weren’t looking. When they were half way, Alice stopped and eyed the crystalline shop window, which showed different beautiful designs of silver bracelets. At first, she got mesmerized by them, but that window reflected something weird. Alice noticed it from the corner of her eye.

Someone was standing in the top of the back building. Someone was looking at her. Someone noticed her. And that person wasn’t human. She knew it wasn’t because of the different aura that presence carries.

She got a bit nervous. Alice didn’t know if it was an angel or a demon. She was still inexperienced on detecting others auras. So she decided to turn around, but when she did that presence had already disappeared.

“Did something happen?”

Alice looked at Lu Han, who had a confused gaze. She was sure someone was following her around, but she couldn’t tell him yet.

She shook her head and walked ahead.

Lu Han, on the other hand, sighed quietly and followed her. Alice is someone he could read easily. He knew something cause her to feel suspicious, but still being the secretive person she was, she kept it.

Lu Han was aware of her quiet personality, but caring one. If he wanted to know her more, he had to be soft and sincere with her. He had to be in order for her to open up.

And Lu Han was patient enough to wait for her. To wait until she feels ready to let all her disguises to disappeared. He was sure, from the moment they met, Alice wasn’t a normal girl. Alice was a sincere and noble person, but her barriers, her disguises, makes difficult to reach the real her.

Lu Han reached her side. Alice noticed him. She turned and gazed at him. Lu Han turned too. Their eyes met. The latter smirked and she responded with a small smile.

Alice noticed how her heart jumped, she felt warmer and happier.


 author's note 

» Just to let you know...I'm pretty bad with chossing titles xD

And this is a TRIPLE UPDATE -for today- ^^ three chapters cuz is my cousin's bday <3 HB Dani :)

& guys.... I'm trying to make a trailer for Misfire. I'll let you know when it's ready . HAVE A GREAT DAY <3