Inquietude

Misfire

 

 chapter eighteen 

Inquietude


 

"I'll be back around ten so the boys," Kai said as he stood in the main door and smirked, "Don't miss me much."

Flirt as always. “Be careful, Jongin," Alice shook her head and lifted her head smiling a bit. Kai patted the girl's head and left.

Alice already got used to Kai's flirty behavior. She thinks is funny to see someone acting like him. Even with that character he was a nice person. He cares deeply for the ones he trust.

Alice stretched her arms as she sighed quietly. Now she was the only one in the apartment because the six boys are working and Sulli left for a while, the demon apprentice didn't ask where. She entered Sulli's room, now hers too, and lay down on the soft bed. The girl noticed a letter on the nightstand, next to the lamp, and took it as she sat up. It was already opened. The apprentice turned it and Sulli's name was written with capital letters. Alice decided to open it. Eavesdropping wouldn’t hurt, would it?

 You will get the supervision from The Guardians Heaven. They will visit constantly.

Alice's eyes widened as she finished reading the letter. The angel will receive visitors from heaven any time soon. She has to be careful now. What if they see her? What could happen if she bumps into them? Alice was sure they were also aware of The Council’s problems and seeing her will raise suspicions.

The girl returned the letter to the place she first found it and left the room. In that moment, Sulli entered the apartment.

"Alice. I have to tell you something," Sulli sat on the couch and Alice followed her. The latter waited the angel to continue.

"I went to heaven to ask about the letter they sent me this morning. It says that the guardians will visit me any day this week," Sulli took both of Alice's hands. "They can't see you here so be careful. I'll make sure to tell you if their presences are near"

Alice smiled softly. Sulli trying to hide her is somehow dangerous and kind. The demon apprentice doesn't know that well about angel's rules, but she's sure about that both, demons and angels, are prohibited to have a friendly relationship.

Now both are breaking one of the rules by being so friendly with each other. Both are aware of it.

"It's dangerous... still you trust me so much, Sulli"

"I don't care about the rules. You're my friend now"

"You're so stubborn sometimes," Alice sighed as she looked at the balconcy.

 

-


Late that night Alice woke up, she couldn't sleep, so she decided to get some fresh air in the balcony, but she found someone else standing there, Sehun.

"Sehun? Is something bothering you?" Alice asked as she got near the boy, who was looking to the full-moon and only shook his head.

The girl rested her arms in the balcony as she felt the soft wind touched her face.

"Why are you awake? It’s late," she heard Sehun asked softly, almost as a whisper.

"I just couldn't sleep," Alice looked around her. She noticed so many tall buildings and big houses. "Or maybe I'm just worry"

The girl looked to her front. She noticed Sehun looking at her from the corner of her eye waiting her to continue. "Sulli is being too kind with me and it can affect her somehow in the future. I mean… she'll be an angel someday and I'm, somehow, being a burden for her. We are not supposed to be friends, but I just can't help it, I like Sulli's personality. She reflects happiness to the rest that make my heart feel warm. Something I haven't felt since I was young. Somehow she reminds me of my mother"

Alice sighed and whispered. "I might sound selfish now, but I can't help to not being close with her as a friend even if that means pain for both"

Even though Sehun was quiet all the time, he was listening carefully the girl who was standing to his right. He noticed, from all the time he observed her, Alice being a nice and caring girl even if she was a demon apprentice. She reflected a sincere atmosphere, yet he was still alert with her.

Sehun was curious about something Alice mentioned: her mother. Never before, he, the other boys or Sulli, heard her talking about something personal. Something regarding her life. This was the first time Alice mentioned something about her to them; specifically to Sehun.

"You mentioned you mother. What about her?" Sehun's tone was still monotone, like he wasn't interested at all, but it didn't bother the apprentice since she knew that was the way the boy expressed his feelings. Monotone and serious.

"My mom passed away when I was young. She was a caring and sympathetic person who you can trust easily,” Alice paused for a few seconds, “After her dead I was alone and I couldn't trust the people around me easily. By that time, I was already surrounded by demons. Maybe someday I'll explain with more details, but now I don't want to continue talking about it"

Sehun noticed Alice's dark brown eyes turned crystalline, like she was about to cry, yet she didn't.

Somehow Alice was similar to Sehun, both had a hard time trusting others, but their situation was different. The first couldn't due to her surroundings and the type of people around her, most of her life she had live in Hell, surrounded by greed, lust, envy and else, and the latter due to the pain he went through when young.

"Thanks for listening," Alice eyed him and smile softly, he was still watching her.

"No problem," Sehun mumbled and gaze the beautiful full-moon. Alice did the same.