The Guardian II

Misfire

 

 chapter twenty-seven 

The Guardian II


 

The Guardians Heaven. The angel in front of Lu Han and Alice was one of the The Guardians Heaven.  Alice remembered the note she once read a few days ago. Sulli´s note from them, in which it said they will supervise the mentioned angel. She didn’t expect to meet or see one of them this fast. Honestly, she was a bit afraid of what’s next. Meeting an angel wasn’t something Alice expected at all because until now she haven’t had the chance to see one, expect for Sulli, she was just an apprentice after all, but this one with the name of D.O was not only a full-angel but also a special one. D.O, as well as other angels, was part of Heaven´s guardians, the one who protects their kinds and humans, the ones who must kept the balance between Hell and Heaven, the ones who are respected by their kinds, the ones who demons hate and loathe because of their considerate actions.

“Why? What is a demon doing here and talking freely with a human?” D.O said.

Alice was quiet. She wasn’t planning answering his question at all. In fact, she expected him to formulate a conclusion. She didn’t have the need of explaining him or giving him a proper answer because she was aware that D.O knew it, he just asked to make sure if Alice would lie to him, if she would hide something. D.O was aware that she was friend with the male next to her and that she was an apprentice. He got aware of her aura too. Also as he saw the mentioned female didn’t answer him D.O got conscious that she wasn’t planning responding him after all. He already knew the answers for his questions.

Lu Han noticed the heavy aura between both, Alice and D.O, He also noticed the beautiful white and pure wings the latter has. His wings were really big and they looked soft. Actually, humans aren’t supposed to be able to see either angel or demons wings, but Lu Han was. Because he had the ability to do so. D.O and Alice were aware of it.

“Your friend can see them, I am right?” D.O added. “I´m pretty sure he does,” Alice answered as her gaze changed towards Lu Han, who nodded in response; he knew he was referring towards the wings.

“She hasn’t tried anything funny with you, has she?” Alice scoffed. Just because she was a demon-apprentice it doesn’t mean she´ll try to harm anybody. She won´t try to hurt any of them, neither Sulli, Sehun, Kai, Chanyeol, Tao, Baekhyun and, especially the boy next to her, Lu Han.

“You are judging her just because she´s a demon apprentice,” Lu Han stated, “You are aware of her intentions as well as am I. Her aura, even if it’s pretty dark, you know it’s benevolent on the other side”

Alice´s eyes got wider as she heard Lu Han spoke. She turned to see him and she saw how he gave her a sweet a meaningful smile that warm her heart and made it beat faster. She liked that feeling. The feeling of being loved and cared by someone else.

D.O, on the other side, was just testing them. He was testing how far their relationship has developed. The angel not only noticed Alice´s kindness just by examining her aura, but also two more things; the first was that she looked like she was hidden a burden and painful secret, her gaze told him that; the second was that both, Alice and Lu Han were developing feeling towards each other, he noticed that on both sweet gazes they shared. But he wasn’t going to interfere; it wasn’t his duty after all, but the demons or Hell´s Council.

“What your names are?”

“I´m Alice and he´s Lu Han” D.O nodded and his gaze landed on the girl. He analyzed her soft but broken gaze. Even if Alice looked strong and determinate, he was aware that deep in her soul there´s something that made her felt uneasy and guilty. D.O couldn’t read minds, so he wasn’t sure about what was it.

“Alice, you have to be careful. The other guardians might notice you and I´m not sure how would they react”

“Thanks,” she smiled, so far it was the most sincere smile D.O had seen so far, it was a really beautiful smile she has, “I can take care of myself. Don’t worry about it.”

Lu Han smiled too. All this time, he had been watching her actions and hearing her answers, her sincere answers. It made him feel happy knowing that she was showing her caring side; that just because D.O was angel she didn’t feel the necessity to be hostile with him, even if they were different species.

“I´m not going to ask more questions,” D.O said, “Be careful. Both” Lu Han and Alice nodded. Soon they saw the angel flew away leaving some of his feathers behind.

Alice caught one of them. She touched it and it felt really delicate. It looked so beautiful, yet so simple. She realized the smooth feeling that feather has. So, this is how a real feather feels like.

“Lu Han,” the mentioned boy turned his gaze from the sky to Alice, “You haven’t told me how come you can see D.O´s wings and how you manage to notice my aura”

Lu Han smirked. Alice was pretty smart after all. Lu Han wasn’t a normal human, he had a gift. A special gift.

“It’s a long story,” he said still wearing a noticeable smirk on his lips.

“We have time,” Alice added, “I´m willing to know and I´m very curious about it”