Realization

Misfire

 

 chapter twenty-nine

Realization


Lu Han told Alice about part of his childhood. He told her how he met Sulli that day after school. After a week seeing her standing in the main entrance of his school he decided to talk to her for the first time.

“So that’s how you two met,” Alice mumbled as Lu Han nodded his head.

Most kids at young age are able to see what adults cant because of their innocence. When they grew, when they get older, that ability banished due to the world´s corruption. They face reality. In the case of Lu Han, not only the encounter and talk with the angel helped to improve that gift every kid has, but also the reason Sulli stayed with him all those years sustenance it. The constants talks and meetings with the mentioned girl helped that ability to stay with him and don’t disappear.

“Did she tell you why she left?”

Lu Han just shook his head as he replied her. “One day she just disappeared but the left me a note saying <<See you next time>>

“At first, I didn’t understand what did it meant,” Lu Han smiled with the thought, “but then, after a I knew it, I saw her again months ago”

“And she became friends with the guys because she promised you,” Alice added.

“I don’t think that was the real reason”

“I think the main reason is due to her powers,” Lu Han listened to her carefully. He already knew the main reason why Sulli let his friends to see her. “Those help her to judge if the guys were nice or sincere, those helped her to realize their real intentions. And Indeed they are really good persons” Lu Han smiled. He didn’t expect less from Alice. She was smart and sincere after all. This was one of the reasons he liked her.

“It’s getting late,” the girl said interrupting Lu Han´s thoughts, “We should go back already”

“Mhm…”

Both started walking together. They left the park where they talked and headed towards home. Alice wasn’t used to the surroundings yet, she was just following Lu Han, but she was able to recognize the shop they were passing by. It was still open. Inside this buildings were located lots of shops; from clothes, food, accessories, etc.

“Let’s go eat something,” Lu Han said as he entered the building. Alice followed him silently.

Lu Han searched for a place to eat inside the building. There were so many and different places he could choose, but instead he asked the girl next to him to choose. Alice, at first, hesitated and Lu Han insisted.

“Any place would be ok,” Alice stated as she looked over the small restaurants and coffee shops around. “You don’t need to ask me about it”

Lu Han smirked. “Just choose one place”

Alice sighed. She couldn’t fight back with him and his pertinence after all. Sometimes his obduracy reminds hers, but at the same time it was different form hers. Alice smiled with her thought. That is a similarity both shared: determination.

Alice lifted her arm and signaled him the place she chose. Lu Han followed her directions and smiled at the place. It was a small restaurant. It looked really simple from outside; it didn’t outstand out of all the shops around, almost invisible. “It’s fine there?” Lu Han turned to her and grinned as he nodded. That smile made Alice heartbeat race, it was a smile she couldn’t get tired of watching. It was a caring and sincere smile.

Both headed towards the small restaurant and entered it. There weren’t many customers around, but the place looked really cozy and warm. They find an empty table and headed towards it, there wasn’t many people so finding an empty spot was easy.

“What can I bring you?” the waiter asked them. Lu Han and Alice choose what they wanted to eat; the latter pick out a simple and affordable dish.

“You could have asked for something else,” Lu Han said, “I´m the one who is paying the meal”

Alice, who was gazing around the shop, as she heard the male´s voice turned towards him to answer him. “I know you would say that. That’s why I chose an inexpensive one”

Lu Han chuckled. What else could have he expected from her? Her response didn’t surprise him after all. Alice´s simplicity and straightforwardness is something he feels mesmerized by.

“I don’t want you to feel pressure by the things I do or choose,” Alice added with a sincere gaze and smile, “Your honesty is a virtue I wouldn’t want to get advantage of”

In that moment, Lu Han realized that his heart was beating fastly. With those simple yet meaningful words he was hypnotized by. Such simple words and actions made him realized one thing, an important one. No matter what or who was the girl in front of his eyes, he had fallen for her. He had fallen in love with her, with the way she acts, with her smiles, with her sincere answers and else. He realized it. Lu Han had fallen for Alice.

 

-

Alice and Lu Han were heading towards the main door´s to left the huge building. During the meal, most of the time they didn’t talk too much. After Lu Han realized his feelings, he was just looking at her and every time Alice perceived the guy´s gazes she turned towards him but Lu Han looked away fastly. The latter didn’t even knew why he diverted his gaze from her, when most of the time Lu Han didn’t mind her founding him looking at her, but it was because he already knew his feelings for her. He felt a bit flustered.

Lu Han stopped walking. He noticed a little kid lost. The latter was looking to all the sides and he looked desperately. The little boy looked he was about to cry. He made his way towards him, which made Alice looked at him with curiosity. She wondered where he was heading, but as soon she saw the little boy near him she understood.

Lu Han bent down towards the kid. “Are you lost?” The little boy didn’t say anything but nodded.

“Where was the last place you saw your parents?”

“I don’t remember the name of the place,” he mumbled, “neither I’m used to this place” The little boy was about to burst into tears, but instead he felt someone patting his head affectionately. That calmed him.

“We´re here. We´ll help you find your parents” Lu Han turned towards Alice. Her simple words not only helped calming the little kid, but also made Lu Han want to help him more than before. Such a simple yet meaningful words made the three of them smiled.

“What´s your name?” Lu Han asked as the three started walking around searching for the little boy´s parents. “Jeongmin”

“How old are you?”

“Five years old” Lu Han nodded.

The three of them walked around the shop. Alice and Lu Han were determinate to find the little boy´s parents. It was already late so they had to hurry. Lu Han was guiding them around the big place. He was holding hands with the little boy, Alice was following but she was walking next to them. The mentioned girl was smiling with the sight. Lu Han looked really worried for the younger boy.

Alice´s thoughts were interrupted by the feeling of someone pulling her shirt. She bent down to the kid next to her. “Something happened?” Jeongmin shook his head, but stopped to look at her. Disconcert; his young eyes reflected disconcert. Alice smiled to him. She knew he had noticed something off about her. She knew Jeongmin noticed her dark aura, the one which reveals she was a demon apprentice.

“Don’t worry about it,” Alice added and Jeongmin nodded, but he looked he was still confused.

“Are you two dating?” Alice blushed deeply as she stood up abruptly. Lu Han just looked at her as he smirked, he was chuckling too.

“W-We are n-not,” Alice answered. She was pretty abashed. The young boy noticed the unseen feelings both, Alice and Lu Han, had already. His innocence helped him saw the unseen. Jeongmin turned to look at the older male and saw him smirking. In that moment, Jeongmin knew the boy next to him had already accepted his feelings, but the little boy wasn’t sure about the girl. She looked like she did, but her actions reflected that she didn’t.

Jeongmin turned to look forward. He was ready to continue walking, but his youthful gaze stopped when he recognized a female. She looked sad and desperate. He knew that woman was his mother and smiled widely, his eyes started tearing up too. Jeongmin started running towards her as he yelled “Mom!” Lu Han followed him. Alice just stood her, still perplexed by the young boy´s sentence.

The girl looked at them with curiosity. She saw how Jeongmin´s mother hugged him as she smiled at the moment she saw him running towards him. Alice also saw how grateful she was with Lu Han. She noticed them talking briefly. Then she noticed Jeongmin saying goodbye to Lu Han as he and his mother walked away. Her gazed followed the young boy, who also said goodbye to Alice. She, in response, lifted her hand and bid a farewell too as she mumbled “Good-bye”.

In that moment, her gaze turned to Lu Han, whose back was facing her. He was paying attention to Jeongmin and his mother. Alice´s heart started beating faster as she thought of Jeongmin´s sentence. She realized it. In that moment, she noticed it.

Not only Lu Han realized it, but also Alice did. Alice realized she had feelings for the mentioned guy. Alice had also fallen for Lu Han.   

 


 

 

 author's note 

» OMG FINALLY! I can't believe we already made it this far T-T

Just for you to know I already made everything mape up and some chapters already written :D So this means everyday updates wujuuu! 

Have a great day :D and you'll see a new chapter later ;)