Encounter

Misfire

 

 chapter five 

Encounter


 

It's been four days already since the last encounter between Sulli and the two demons apprentices. The reason why the later also avoid contact with the angel novices is unknown, they only were aware that it was an order by the council and the consequences are remain unrevealed.

The angel apprentice and Baekhyun were walking down the street. They were going to buy the ingredients for dinner.


"Baekhyun, can I ask you a question?"


"Is something bothering you?" He asked still both of them walking.


"It's just...Do you kno-" Sulli stopped. She felt a presence getting near, it was from a demon. And she immediately recognized it. The heavy aura that this demon emitted, Sulli remembered it. It was from the one on the park four days ago, the cold and hostile one.


"Something happened?" Baekhyun asked.


"Hide. Now," she whispered. That was enough for him to get the message; he got inside the shop next to them. When the boy was inside the entity got closer and closer and finally face her.


"My instincts were not wrong. An angel apprentice is what we have here?"

 

The demon Sulli faced was a female as tall as her. In Sulli´s eyes, she looked pretty mature and sophisticated, but her aura revealed the real nature she was carrying. A dangerous nature. And that female was Rea.

 

Rae was not afraid of getting contact with the angels, but she was not that fool to start a fight. Rae was aware of the consequences.


"What do you want," Sulli replied staring deeply at her.


"Easy girl," Rae smirked approaching her, "I just wanted to see one of your kinds"

 

Sulli had a cold stare. She wasn’t happy with the demon around her. She felt uneasy.


Rae got uncomfortable with the gaze this girl was using with her. That stare coming from an angel it´s really bothersome. That cold stare in the angel´s eyes wasn’t the first time she saw it, Rae was aware the angel apprentice wasn’t the only one who looked at her like that, Alice did too. Alice also wears that kind of gaze with her. And she hates it. In fact, she loathes it.

 

 "That gaze reminds me of someone I disdain," Rae said almost audible. If she continues seeing that stare in the angel eyes longer, she´ll probably hurt her. And due to the consequences she would have to deal with if she messes up, Rae preferred leaving before anything happens, before she loses her control. For her it was enough dealing with Alice´s cold and hate gaze towards her. In hell, even if she was an apprentice and didn’t receive the attention she wanted, the only one who gave her that gaze, the only one who looked at her that way was Alice. And one was good enough.


"Since I don't want to cause trouble I will go. I just wanted to walked around," the latter step ahead.


When Rae wasn't longer visible Sulli sighed, "Her presence is really overwhelming and scary"

 

Sulli, during all this time, tried to remain calm and the only way of doing it was changing her emotions to a colder one, but for her was difficult because even if she didn’t try it, she got aware of Rae´s true emotions, her true feelings. And it brought her pain and dread. Just by looking at Rae in the eyes Sulli got conscious about all the hatred that demon carries on her shoulders.


"She was one of them?" Baekhyun said as he left the store, he notice her anxiety. Sulli nodded.


"Does all of them are as good-looking as her?" Baekhyun asked trying to change the heave atmosphere. He noticed Sulli nervousness from the sudden encounter with the demon.


"Yah! Baekhyun I thought the player one was Kai!"

 

"Does the encounter affect you that much?" Baekhyun was concerned by her sudden behavior change since most of the time she is smiling and cheerful, but now her behavior was the opposite.


"It's just t-that... Her emotions were too strong. They reflected hatred, disdain and so much abhor," Sulli mumbled, "It made me feel nervous and afraid"


Sulli wondered if all of them have this kind of heave feelings, these kind of indifferent emotions, there unsympathetic sensibility. But the answer was clear, it was an obvious yes. Demons, after all, are creatures whose emotions are the total opposite from the angels. Their auras are darker, deeper, full with detest and without any mercy towards the rest, even with their own kind.


They kept silent for about a minute until Baekhyun spoke. "Sulli, we better hurry. The guys must be starving" The girl nodded.


If there's something people can’t avoid are they destiny. Humans can't change their past, but predict the future.


 

-

 

“How’s everything in earth so far?” Alice heard Azazel asked her.

 

She was sitting next to a wooden table, no bothering anyone. Alice lifted her gaze from the book she was reading towards the mentioned male and faced him, her tutor, with a blank face. The one she always wears when she´s in hell. The kind of gaze she carries when she talks with any kind of demon.

 

“Nothing new”

 

Alice tends to use short phrases with him. She prefers hiding anything from Azazel for her safety. For her, it was logical. Anything she had been though, Alice had hid it from him. She always tried to not be noticed and she had succeeded so far. Until Azazel told her she will, have to, take the test to become a full-demon.

 

That day, she felt like everything turned into a dark shade of grey in her eyes. Even if she was aware that someday she´ll have to take that exam, she wanted to be believed in hope. That everything was a dream. A really bad one, worst than a nightmare, but she was awake and that so called “hope” faded away long ago from the very first time she realized she was in hell.

 

“I love the way you are so detailed, Alice,” her tutor smirked. Azazel was already used to the hostility Alice tends to use with him.

 

Alice felt him getting closer, so she decided to lift her gaze once again. She realized their faces were inches apart. “I would like you not to be that conservative with me and share your experiences. I´m your tutor after all”

 

“There´s nothing to share”

“Really?”

 

Alice continued wearing a poker face. All this time, she had been wearing a disguise nobody had uncovered. A disguise that protects her from getting hurt and from reveling the real her. She, in reality, felt pretty scared from his tutor, but she had remained strong all this years. What had helped her all this time was her determination.

 

“Azazel, are y-“

 

Someone entered the room. Alice looked towards the door and faced someone she wasn’t comfortable with, Rea. She decided to ignore her and continued reading her book.

 

Alice felt Rea´s strong gaze on her, but she continued ignoring her.

 

“Rea, why are you here?” Even if Azazel´s voice was almost like a whisper, Alice heard it. The only ones in the small room were the latter, Rea and Azazel so doing the smallest noise would be heard by any of them.

 

“I wanted to inform you that today I encounter an angel apprentice”

 

That sentence got Alice´s attention. She looked like she was focusing on her reading, but she tried to hear that conversation.

 

“I noticed her fear, even if it was just for a few seconds. She fears us. And I believe the others angels too,” Rea laughed. Azazel just shook his head as he smirked.

 

“I´m pretty sure most of them do”

 

In that moment, Alice lifted her gaze and looked at them. She felt unhappy, disgusted. Demons like, they enjoy, watching others fears them. And she hates when they take advantage from that, from that fear, from that debility. Not only with angels-apprentices or full-angels, but also with humans.

 

Alice stood up and decided to leave that room and head towards earth again.

 

“Alice, where are you going?” Her tutor asked her.

 

She stopped. Her eyes focusing on the door. Did she need to inform where she goes to Azazel all the time? He was just her mentor, the one who will lead her how to become a full-demon, the one who will “guide” her. Nothing more, no strings attached, any bonds, but teacher-student relationship.

 

“You know where I´m heading,” she answered as she left the room.

 

Azazel sighed and Rae growled. The first knew her student was comfortable being around in that place so there was no need to bother her with the topic. He knew Alice´s behavior and her decisions were always the most logical.

 

“I don’t like the way that girl behaves,” Rea mentioned with a cold tone.

 

“I´m already used to it,” Azazel turned towards Rea, “Her hostility is really unique”

 

Rea scoffed, but remained quieted after it.

 

Alice´s asperity was one of the disguises she has. But that disguises in only seen when demons are around. That was a false front she wears, because the real her is a caring and honest girl. And that real her can only be seen with the ones she knows or the ones she´s sure of their true intentions, their auras. People with soft auras. And the ones who carry this type of presence were humans or angels.

 


 

 author's note 

» Finally I updated! I hope you liked the chapter. I´m sorry If there´s still no interaction with Alice and Luhan, except from the first chapter, or any of the other EXO members, but there will be! Just wait a little longer ^^ I need to get a few things add in the following chapters before that happens.

Let me know what you think so far on the comments!

My finals are getting near, the first week of December TT.TT, so wish me good luck! I just-well yesterday since it´s already 12:44am (November 22) where I live xD- had my last test and I did well! So the only thing that bothers me now are my finals!!

 

Have a great day ^^ & see you next time!