Alice

Misfire

 

 chapter four 

Alice


 

Alice was resting in the highest spot of a building where no one seems to that care of visiting. The girl didn't have a place to stay in earth. At first, she just went around random parks, but it was dangerous at night so most of the time she slept in the building´s rooftops; even if that meant staying cold during the night, but she preferred that rather than hell. She could handle it, the freezing air around town. Alice didn’t like staying in hell, she loathes it, and from the moment she was sent to earth to fulfill her mission of becoming a demon, even if she didn’t want to accomplish it, she was glad she was able to stay on earth even if she didn’t have a properly home. She was back, back to the place she thought she belong the most, back to the place where everything started. Earth, specifically Seoul, brings her back good, but sad memories.

The breeze was so strong that made her wake up. So she sat up and took a look at the sky, the clouds were blocking the sun, but it didn't look like a rain was coming. Alice inhaled the sweet air aroma and stood up, "I think walking around town will be fine," she smiled.

"Seoul has changed a lot"

Alice observed some of the stores, boutiques, food trucks and the parks around. The girl stopped at the sight of little kids on the playground, she got near the park where they were playing and sat on a beach close to them. The novice observed them carefully and smiled.

She thought about the smiles on the little kids’ faces, all of them full with joy and innocence, and it made her smile a bit. Still Alice´s gaze didn’t match her tiny smile. Her eyes reflected a distant and cold aura.

Four them, two boys and two girls, were running, chasing each other. Suddenly one of them, a boy who apparently was the youngest one around four years old, felt in front of Alice. The girl noticed he injured his right knee. The other kids didn't seem to notice him so he started crying.

"Don't cry," Alice got near the kid and sat next to him, "let me help you, ok?"

He sobbed and nodded.

Alice took a look at his injured knee; he just got a small cut with a bit of dust around it.
"It will not hurt you. I promised," she smiled softly. So after that she touched his knee with her left hand for a few seconds, the little kid couldn't help but look at her with curiosity. When the smaller boy didn't felt her soft hand on his leg anymore, he took a look at it and his eyes widened and smile widely. His cut had disappeared. The small kid was oblivious about what had happened, he was just glad, happy, and didn’t asked about how the girl in front of him cured him.

"Thank you!" He stood up, bowed and came back playing with his friends as if nothing had happened.

"If only a full-demon see you," a feminine voice said, Alice knew exactly who she was.

"It's not your or their business to know what I do with my powers," Alice replied as she stood up and face the girl, "what are you doing here, Rea?"

"Just checking on you little baby," Rea added, "you aren't supposed to be that soft with kids, brat."

Alice scoffed, "and since when I listen what you said?"

Rea, another demon apprentice, didn't like Alice because the latter always did what she wanted. She knew that Alice was too kind for her own good and rebellious enough to face any demon without measuring the consequences of her acts. Rea was taller that Alice, she had long and black hair, she was slender and her brown eyes reflected hatred. In simple words, Rea can be portrayed as a feminine definition of a demon in a disguise of a human. She looked like Alice, human, but Rea´s feelings, Rea´s emotions were the total opposite from Alice´s, Rea was a definition of a demon and Alice wasn’t. Rea was selfish, cold. Even if the latter was an apprentice, she was more experienced and she wanted, she desired, becoming a full-demon.

"Sassy brat, if I don't hurt you right now if because we are on earth," Rea stated displeased.

"I bet you don't even dare," Alice answered back as she crossed her arms.

Alice tended to challenge her own kind. She didn’t measure the consequences of her acts, because she was brave enough to face them. Actually, Alice was clever, because she was aware of the rules. Others demon apprentices were prohibited to cause trouble with the ones of the same level, apprentices, or with full-demons. She wasn’t harming or insulting her kind, she was just being cold and distant with them.


Rea growled. ". You really are insolent!"

Rea was about who slap her, but she felt another presence getting near.

"It looks like an angel novice is near," the latter stated. Alice nodded.

"You are lucky little , next time I'll make sure you end up with a broken arm," Rea disappeared.

"So annoying," Alice turned to leave her spot.

From far a female figure appeared on the park. She noticed the presence of these two demons, but before she could see their faces they had already disappeared.

"I didn't expect to run into two of them," Sulli whispered.

At first, when Sulli noticed their auras from far, she decided to avoid them because the aura that she felt with more strength was penetrating and hostile, but then she felt an aura that was rather calm, but still with a dark essence. She wondered how a demon could have such a gentle presence. And that´s what got her attention, that kind presence coming from a demon. Maybe her mind was playing with her, but she has to make sure what she was feeling.

But when she arrived, she found nothing. Those two auras, the hostile and the kind, both already disappeared. Leaving the angel with wondering gaze.


 

 author's note 

»  I was planning the updating around 5pm, but I went shopping with my mom at 3pm and we just came back at 7:30pm xDD

Well, I hope you enjoyed the chapter :D

Guys, maybe I won´t be able to update until next friday or saturday, because I have a test on tuesday and another one on thrusday and I have to study for them TT.TT and also I have to finished the one-shot I´m writing. So please, be patient with me ^^

Also I wanted to share with you the one-shot my cousin wrote *Yes, Dani I´m gonna share your fic because I L O V E D it ~* She did an amazing job and I´m really proud of her results :D Feel free to check it out HERE

Have a nice day and you next time ^^