Kindness

Misfire

 chapter eleven 

Kindness


 

It took Sulli a while to find her way to the apartment due to not being familiar with her surroundings and also she had to be careful because she was carrying Alice in her back, something she haven't done before: carry someone in her back.

When the angel recognized the building she was searching for, the novice came in by the balcony. She opened the glass door and entered without trying to make any noise. Sulli made Alice rest in the couch, the latter was still unconscious, but actually Alice was sleeping. The angel apprentice noticed she was alone in the apartment. It looked like the boys already left.
Sulli look at the clock in the living room, it marked 9:36 am it will take hours for some of them to come back.

Sulli took care of the demon novice during the rest of the morning. She made her head rested in a soft white pillow then the angel covered her with a white blanket from her room. Sulli also tried to drop her fever with a wet towel.

"Thank you and I´m sorry," Alice muttered still with eyes closed, “For making you carry me here.”

"I'm the one who should be thankful. You saved me, you saved us" Sulli added as she caressed Alice's forehead with the wet towel.

"Sulli, your wound"

Sulli touched her left cheek; blood was still coming from it. The scar was really visible, but some blood was already dry. The mentioned female forgot about her, she was way worried for Alice than her.

Sulli's eyes widened as Alice touched her cheek, caressing it softly and gentle. Soon the wound closed as Alice's left hand stopped touching it. The demon invoked a spell to close Sulli´s wound. "You should be taking care of you too," Alice smiled softly.

Sulli nodded. "Rest a bit I'll cook something for us."

Thanks to the angel care the demon physical state got better.

Sulli came back from the kitchen with two bowls of noodles. She helped Alice to sit properly and handed her the bowl of food as Sulli sat next to her.
"You feel better?" Sulli asked as she ate.

Alice nodded. "Thanks to you" Sulli smiled. Both of them ate silently and when they finished Alice stood up, but stumbled after it. The latter was still a bit dizzy and weak.

"Alice!" Sulli drop her plastic plate and helped the girl balanced herself. The angel made Alice sat down in the couch again as she looked her in the eyes. Suddenly Sulli realized Alice needed something else than just dropping down her fever. Something that couldn’t just be helped with sleeping or medicines. Sulli got aware of Alice´s current state. The demon needed vital energy, but the latter will not ask for it if it wasn't necessary.

"Don't even think about it," Alice stated making Sulli's eyes grew bigger and confused. Alice knew that the angel got aware of her need of that energy. "Just let me sleep a bit and that necessity will go away"

"Why you don't want it ...vital energy," Sulli muttered the last part facing the floor.

"I'll not need it if I rest a bit," Alice faced Sulli, "Besides you'll get hurt if you give me yours."

In fact, if an angel gave someone else a bit of their vital energy, despite being another angel, human or demon, they will get weak; it would make them vulnerably by any kind of touch. Only demons could give theirs easily, but if they gave up too much it would be very dangerous, very risky.

"You are too kind," Sulli stated as she watched Alice rest in the couch. She knew that Alice tried to not harm or that advantage of her in any single way and she appreciate it.

Alice smiled and closed her eyes. “Besides I stole a bit from them,” the latter whispered and soon she felt asleep. Sulli knew Alice was referring to their aggressor from that morning.

Demons can also get more vital energy by people's insecurities and by their fear, lust or malice. And those male feelings of lust had helped Alice´s energy increase a bit. Even if the latter didn’t like the fact she could stole those that easily and raise her energy. It was something she could help.


How someone this kind could be a demon apprentice. I don't get it. Sulli tried to get a logical answer as she touched her cheek, the injured one. The mark was already healed, but it still hurt her somehow.

She left to the kitchen to clean the dishes and, when she finished, the girl stopped to gaze Alice. She was peacefully sleeping. Alice looked younger when she was in that state: asleep. Sulli, at first, thought of taking Alice to her room, but that thought flew away the moment she saw Alice´s sleeping face. She looked so serene and innocent but delicate too.

Sulli entered her room to rest a bit too. Both needed to rest.

The hours passed. Both of them deeply sleep, resting from the attack. It had left them scared, tired and a bit shocked.

Suddenly the apartment door opened reveling one of the boys who lives there.

"I'm home," Lu Han said softly. The moment he entered the apartment, he noticed a girl lying on the couch and he made his way towards her. His eyes widened as he saw her sleeping face and immediately recognized her. The girl he bumped into, the one who caused the car accident. The one who probably made Sulli left the coffee shop earlier due to her aura. And the one he saw walking on the streets the other day. He was sure it was her. Lu Han felt his heart jumped a bit from the sight too.

"What is she doing here?" He asked himself softly taking a close look at the girl sleeping face. She looked so fragile yet beautiful that it made his heart fluttered a bit.

 


 

 author's note 

» Hope you like it! Yesterday I finished watching FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhoodand it was amazing! There was a lot of things that in the first season didnt explain that much and changed. I´m glad the second season was focus on the manga because it was way logical that way. Also I don´t remember the last time I cried when I watched an anime xD the last two chapters were a stab into my heart! I cried and sob so much xD 

Well, I hope you enjoy reading the chapter. See you soon!