First Broken Disguise

Misfire
 

 chapter twenty-four 

First Broken Disguise


 

Lu Han was walking back to the apartment, but before he even realized he stopped in a park. It was around five in the afternoon and it was empty. The benches around were empty and the wind sound could be heard perfectly.

He decided to enter it. And as he walked through the middle height trees a calm feeling came through his body. The cold but fresh wind touched his face.

Lu Han stopped and look to his left, where he remembered the swings where located at. His eyes widened softly. There was a person sitting in one of the swings. A girl. And at that precise moment he realized he knew who she was. There was Alice, who was looking her feet as she swung slightly. Before he even realized it, Lu Han started walking towards her.

Alice lifted her gaze as she heard a softly “Hey,” she knew that voice. She knew it was Lu Han´s and when their eyes met she was glad, she guessed correctly.

“Hey,” Alice answered back and Lu Han sat in the empty swing next to hers.

“What are you doing here?” Lu Han asked her as he looked around. In fact, the park was empty.

“Clearing up my mind.” Alice’s gaze felt towards her interlock hands. “Coming here at this hour it’s tranquil”

Lu Han had to agree on that. The park was full of a calm and refreshing wind that makes you feel alive and it wasn’t as noisy as the rest of the places. It seems like the trees separates the street noise from the park. It was like drawing a wall between the city and this place.

Lu Han turned his gaze towards Alice and saw her playing with her fingers quietly.

“I visited my mother this afternoon”

Alice turned to him and saw how his lips form a small smile.

The girl nodded. “She must´ve been glad”

In that moment, Alice remembered the moments she shared with her mother. All the small and happy thoughts started flowing through her mind. She was happy back then. She was naïve back then. But everything had to change sooner or later. Everything had to change into a bitter and acid flavor. As she remembered all the things she had to go through, her hands form a fits and her eyes turned into a crystalline color, they were teary. She started wondering why it had to be like that. Why-


“You, ok?” Lu Han interrupted her thoughts. He noticed the sudden change in Alice´s eyes. How they reflected a taste of pain, regret and hurt.

 Alice just nodded. “Don’t worry, I just remembered something”

And there was again. Alice way of not letting others feel burdened by her problems even if she was obviously in pain.

Lu Han stood up and knelled in front of Alice. He took her hands, which were forming hard fists, and caressed them softly. He didn’t know why the sudden feel of protecting her came through his body and before he even realized it he was already comforting her.

Alice eyes turned wider. She felt how an electrifying spark traveled her back as Lu Han touched her hands. She felt warm and protect in that moment.

“Something is bothering you. There´s not need to hide it”

Lu Han´s soft and caring voice danced through her ears. Alice gulped and her lips formed a thin line.

Lu Han could read her perfectly. Even if she tried to not show it, he could. And when Alice lifted her gaze from her hands, Lu Han did too. Both end up looking at each other’s eyes.

Alice, in that moment, felt like he scanned her. Like he could actually know what she has gone through with just one look into her. It was like he came though the barriers she built. And little by little those barriers were destroyed by the boy in front of her, but not all of them. The disguise she wears, the one she created, was still there.

Lu Han could see how Alice´s eyes reflected sadness.  But it wasn’t the first time he noticed this look. Every time he realized it, that look came though Alice´s orbs. Sometimes, even, when she was smiling the pain appeared though her gaze. It was like she was wearing a disguise, because sometimes her smile didn’t reach her eyes. Yet, it was a beautiful but broken disguise.

Alice smiled softly still looking into each other’s eyes. “It seems like I can’t fool you”

Lu Han´s heart suddenly jumped, that smile was a sincere one, one which didn’t reflect pain but care. A smile which he adore, which he loves to see.

Then Alice saw how Lu Han´s lips formed a visible smirk. She felt it too, how her heart jumped fastly. That smirk, the usual Lu Han wears, full with playful actions but caring ones too. A smirk she feels hypnotized by.

“You´ll tell me what´s bothering you?”

She nodded. “But I can’t tell you the details”

If she did, it´d cause to reveal the real her. The one full with regrets and pain. If she enters into details, her disguise would definitely disappear and she´d fail the duty she was committed to do.

“I haven’t tell you about my mom, have I?”

Lu Han shake his head.

“My mom was the only person I really trusted. She was someone who I really admire and I´m sure she would sacrifice everything for me and I would have done the same for her”

Lu Han saw how her eyes turned a bit blurred, but no tears fall down. He knew, even if Alice hasn’t said a word about it, that her mother passed away, it was obvious. Though he wondered why, was she a demon like Alice, was she a good demon, do good demons exits or was he just hallucinating things. Even if books, movies and history portraits all demons as evil, he wasn’t sure, because in front of him he had an honest, nice and caring one. Lu Han had so many questions coming through his mind about her mother, about Alice too. She was still a mystery. Yet, he won´t ask any further if Alice doesn’t tell him by herself. Lu Han knew there must be a reason for her to be hidden things. There are motives for things to be unseen, to be cloaked.

“I just miss her. And I´m glad you still care for her. Talking about your mother just brought me a feel of nostalgia” Even if Alice voice was mumbled Lu Han heard her perfectly.

Lu Han was glad. Alice was happy.

Alice just opened up to Lu Han a bit more.  One of her disguised already disappeared.

They stay a bit longer on the swings. Even if they didn’t talk that much after it, they enjoyed each other’s company. It was like the silence talk for them.

Sometimes they found themselves looking at each other. They showed a warm smile to each other. It was their way to show affection.

After this, they knew they were more comfortable with each other. They were closer as friends.

Not only this little talk helped their relationship to develop a little more, but also the talks they shared during their work time and the ones in the apartment.

Actually, during her stay with them, the ones Alice found talking much more were Sulli and Lu Han. With Sulli their conversations were mostly about things regarding heaven or hell issues, but also about fashion, gossip or television programs. The girls looked normal during those talks. For a single moment both forget what they were and what they were aiming to be. And with Lu Han the talks were mostly about anything, from projects he was doing, the books he was reading to personal talks about what he likes and she does, yet Alice trying not to revel that much about her. Sometimes the talk between them changed to a bit flirty one on Lu Han´s side, but Alice took it as a joke. Yet, she felt comfortable with him.