Little brother

Misfire

 

 chapter thirty

Little Brother

 


 

Alice woke up. The moment she did she turned to her right, where Sulli was resting, and smiled softly with the sight. Sulli was still peacefully sleeping next to her. Alice wondered how was she blessed to have such a kind person as a friend, but not only the angel but also the other six boys were really nice with her.

The novice stood up and changed her pajamas to a pair of jeans and a grey shirt. When Alice was brushing her hair as she was sitting at the end of the bed, Sulli woke up.

“Morning,” Sulli said with a sleepy tone. Alice chuckled and replied with a “Good morning”

“I think I should go and make breakfast,” the angel apprentice added as she stood up. First Sulli changed her clothes and then she left the room, Alice following her.

The one who always prepares breakfast is Sulli and sometimes she even cooks the other two meals, but most of the time the six guys turned that task. They didn’t want to abuse the angel´s benevolence.

Sulli was inside the kitchen, cooking breakfast, and Alice was settling the table. When the latter finished, she came back to the kitchen. Alice noticed Sulli looking at the wall clock next to the fridge. “Is there something wrong?”

“It´s past eight thirty and neither of the guys are up,” Sulli replied.

“Maybe they didn’t settle the alarm correctly,” Alice added as she took the glass of water next to her and drank of it.

“Yeah, maybe,” Sulli mumbled, “Can you please wake them up?” Alice almost spilled the water and her eyes grew wider. She didn’t expect Sulli asking her that at all. “I need to finish cooking this” The demon apprentice nodded softly as she placed the bottle of water down.

Alice made her way towards the rooms across the living room. She stopped. To her left and right there were two bedrooms. The girl didn’t remember which belongs to either if the guys. Alice only knew that Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Tao shared one room and Lu Han, Sehun and Kai the other one. She decided to knock first the one to her left.

Tao opened the door. He looked fully-awake, but Alice noticed he was still wearing his pajamas, a pain of black shorts and a grey tee. “Alice!”

“Breakfast is ready. Tell the guys.” The girl saw him nodded as she heard talking voices inside the room. Alice recognized the voices; those were from Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

Those three were awake. Alice thought and shook her head. She turned to the other room and knocked it.

I bet they are awake. There wasn’t a need for me to wake t-

“Alice?” Lu Han´s voice made the mentioned girl woke up from her thoughts. His voice sounded husky and sleepy. Lu Han´s hair was messed up; he had his bed-hair. The girl also noticed him wearing a pair of sweat-pants and a white shirt.

He looks handsome even like this. Alice blushed slightly. “B-Breakfast i-is ready,” she shuttered. She noticed him rubbing his right eye. Indeed, he just woke up.

“Ok,” Lu Han nodded almost noticeable, “I´ll wake up the others” With that Lu Han closed the door. Alice didn’t notice she was holding her breath all that time and also her heart was beating fastly. She took a deep breath to calm herself and then she came back to the kitchen, where Sulli was. By that time the latter had already finished cooking and was placing the food in the living room’s table. Alice helped her.

“Did you wake them up?” Sulli asked as the placed down the plate she was holding. Alice nodded. “Actually, Tao, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were already awake, but the other three weren’t”

“Who was the one who opened the door?”

“Lu Han,” Alice sighed, “He still looked asleep” The girl bitted her lower lip as she remembered how he looked like then. His clothes and hair were a mess but he still looked handsome.

“Did he tell you something mean? Or he was rather cold?” Alice’s gaze turned into a confused one as she shook her head. Actually, his tone was monotone but not cold, after all he had just woke up. Sulli was surprised but didn’t say a word. Usually, when someone wakes up Lu Han, he looks emotionless, mad and huffy. Even Sulli remembered when Lu Han was a kid that she had a hard time trying to wake him up because of his laziness and his anger, but as he grew Lu Han only acted with those characterizes: coldness, madness and huffiness.

Funny. When I woke him up last week he was pissed. Sulli giggled and Alice eyed her with perplexed.

“Morning!” A bright Chanyeol appeared in the living room being followed by Baekhyun and Tao. The three already dressed with their normal and comfortable clothes.

“You guys are late!” Sulli complained, “I had to ask Alice to wake your lazy butts!” the three guys and the mentioned female chuckled.

“Sorry about that,” Baekhyun said as he rubbed the back of his neck, “the other three aren’t awake yet?”

“I believe they are. Why don’t you go check them up?” Sulli answered.

“Are you nuts?! I don’t want to face just-wake-up-by-you-morning-face-Lu Han-and-I´m-pissed-with-you-for-doing-so-that-I´ll-kill-you,” Baekhyun complained and the other two boys nodded in response. Sulli smiled at their funny behavior and Alice did too, but still she was confused. The Lu Han she faced this morning wasn’t at all like Baekhyun had just described, but rather calm.

“Let´s just wait for them,” Chanyeol added.

“If they are awake, they will come sooner or later,” Tao responded as he sat and eyed the food placed there with a happy face. He was indeed hungry just by looking the delicious meal.

When Baekhyun and Chanyeol were sitting, Sehun, Jongin and Lu Han made their appearance in the living room already dressed.

“Good morning!” Jongin said as he sat.

“Correction. Good afternoon,” Baekhyun joked receiving a glare from Jongin and Lu Han while Sehun gave him a cold gaze.

“Next time I won’t be sending Alice to wake your asses up, but I´ll let you sleep instead!” Sulli grumbled, “It’s your responsibility to at least wake up early!”

Alice thought that Sulli usually plays the role of the responsible mother, the one who worries, the one who cooks for them and the one who tries her best to maintain the apartment clean, but also the annoying yet caring sister because she tends to ask what the guys are doing most of the time.

Kai and Sehun gaze grew in wonder as both turned towards each other.

“Did you?” Sehun mumbled and Kai shook his head in response. Then both turned towards Lu Han, who eyed them with curiosity as he sat next to Tao. “What?” Kai and Sehun smirked.

“Nothing,” Kai answered still wearing a visible smirk.

Actually, Jongin and Sehun had the same thought. The one who opened the door when Alice came was Lu Han. The one who usually tends to be a pain in the and yells at you when you wake him up. Yes, him. And neither of the two boys heard a single yell from him that morning neither when he tried to wake them up.

Alice sat at the edge of the table; next to her right was Chanyeol and in the top, to her left, was Sulli, in front was Sehun and next to him was Lu Han, who was sitting next to Tao, in the other top was Kai next to Baekhyun, who was also at the edge.

“Kai,” Tao whispered, “who was the one who Alice woke up first?”

Jongin smirked as he turned towards his friend. Baekhyun and Chanyeol had come closer to Kai to hear his answer better. “Lu Han did,” he whispered back and the other three gazes widened in surprised then they stares turned towards Lu Han and all of them smirked to him. The latter noticed his friend’s stares but did nothing about it.

“No whispering in the table!” Sulli scolded, “Start eating before the food turns colder!”

Yep. Really mother like. Alice turned her gaze towards the angel, who gave her a wide smile, and then it landed on a certain male. Lu Han eyed her too. Alice got flustered and the moment she saw him smirked she blushed making her gaze turned to her plate quickly. Some of the boys noticed it and when they were about to make fun of it the phone rang making all turned towards the ringing object.

Chanyeol stood up and answered it. “Hello?”

“Mom? Why are you calling? Did something happen?” The moment Chanyeol heard his mother´s words his eyes grew wider and turned into a really worried look.

“But is h-he fine?” Chanyeol mumbled. “Ok. As soon as I finish with college activities I´ll go”

He nodded as he heard his mother talk, even if she couldn’t see him doing that action he continued doing it until he hung up.

“What happened?” Baekhyun asked.

“Jinwoo is in the hospital. He got sick”