Epilogue

Misfire

 

 chapter fifty

Epilogue

 


One year later, December.

Alice received a text message. It was the first cell phone she ever had. It wasn’t like she didn’t have money back then, but because she didn’t find a purpose to have one. For her it was useless. And this one was a gift. A gift from Lu Han for her birthday.

Even if Alice refused him buying one, he insisted. He persuaded her by the excuse that if something happens, he can reach her easily with a call. Not only will she easily communicate with him, but also with the boys and others. Alice agreed, but with one condition. A simple phone. She didn’t want anything fancy or expensive. What else did Lu Han expected from her? Her simplicity even reflects her likes and decisions.

From: Luhan

I’ll be there in a few minutes.

Alice didn’t answer but waited outside.

She was currently working a bookstore as an assistant. The only has other female co-worker and the owner, who was a middle-age woman. She is happy working there. Even if they were only girls, it was really warm. And security wasn’t a problem because of the special system installed in the building and also the bookstore was located inside a big shopping center at the second floor.

That day Lu Han and Alice decided to buy together their Christmas presents, not only for them, but also for the boys. And even the girl planed on buying something for Sulli, who maintained contact with Alice through Lu Han, who was the only one who was able to see her.

Alice and Lu Han lost contact with Xiumin and Chen, who also maintained contact with the first through the latter, a few months later after Alice’s comeback. The demons stated it was the best, but they’ll be taking care of both from wherever they are. And Alice knew they’ll be alright no matter what they do and wherever they go.

Sulli was now an angel, but she wasn’t just a simple one. She was now part of The Guardians Heaven due to her powers, which remained unknown until the day she passed her exam.

Sehun was more helpful than before and less cold. Sometimes he even laughed out loud with the boys and acted more childish. Kai keep being the kind, but player person he was. But indeed his personality changed a bit. He wasn’t as flirtatious as a year ago. He only acted like that when there was a girl he truly found pretty. A girl who he wants to know about. Tao continue being a bit childish, but still making the boys laugh with his acts. Yet he tried to not act immature all the time. Chanyeol was still the cheerful person he was. He and Baekhyun were still the jokers out of them. And Alice considerate him as a very close friend. After Lu Han and Sulli, Chanyeol was the person Alice trusted the most, which sometimes made her boyfriend jealous, and Baekhyun, Tao and Kai’s opportunity to make fun of it, even Sehun bothered Lu Han. And Baekhyun keep his passion for music and didn’t let anything stop him to achieve his dream. He was way more determinate and hardworking person.

Alice played with her fingers as she rested her back against the wall. Her hands were bared, because she forgot her gloves that morning. All the time, she hid them in her coat’s pockets preventing her hands get colder due to the weather. But she didn’t felt cold anymore. Maybe due to the excitement to see Lu Han and spend the rest of the day next to him.

It wasn’t too late neither too early. It was just the perfect time.

“Ahri?”

Lu Han kept calling Alice with her real name when they were alone. It was like a secret between them. And Alice didn’t bother. In fact, having a secret with Lu Han was rather electrifying.

She lifted her gaze from her hands, hide the latter’s in her pockets and smiled.

“Did you wait long?” Lu Han’s gaze was rather worrying. Something the girl found extremely cute. Her turn just ended ten minutes ago and she received Lu Han’s around that time. Alice didn’t need so much time to prepare herself and she only waited less than five minutes.

Alice shook her head with a smile and walked next to him. “Let’s go and find the presents before it gets too late”

 

-

 

Lu Han and Alice passed the entire time joking and laughing about the presents they choose. They were indeed perfect for the boys, but they were smiling because of each other’s company. They felt comfortable with each other presence.

They had stopped in a jewelry shop and Alice decided to enter, Lu Han following her. And with the sight of some many necklaces and rings Lu Han had an idea. His lips formed a visible smirk as the turned towards the girl.

“What if I plan giving you a proposal ring as a Christmas present?” Lu Han teased making Alice blushed slightly.

“Don’t joke,” she laughed nervously as she kept on looking at the jewelry in front of her. Alice was choosing a necklace for Sulli. “If you plan on giving me a proposal ring, it should be a surprise Lu Han. And telling me definitely doesn’t make it a surprise”

Lu Han smirked and got near to curl Alice’s hair behind her ear making her heart flutter with his touch. “You are right. It should be a surprise. It should be when you less expect it”

Lu Han proposed to Alice five months later. He proposed the day of her birthday.

And to make the conversation less awkward, or maybe Alice was the one thinking it was uncomfortable, she showed Lu Han a necklace she choose. It was a necklace with a small feather silver pedant. It was simple but beautiful. And the moment they both saw it they knew it was perfect for Sulli.

“It’s perfect,” Lu Han commented smiling.

When Sulli received her gift, she wore it every day. It was the most gorgeous and meaningful present she ever received.

“We still need to choose each other gifts,” Lu Han said as they left the jewelry shop.

“You don’t need to give me something”

“But I want to.” Lu Han took Alice hands and warmed it with his. Her hands were cold in comparison with his. He was wearing gloves and Alice wasn’t.

Lu Han sighed and gave Alice one of his gloves. She eyed him with a confused gaze. It wasn’t the fact she didn’t knew why he was giving her his glove, but the sudden act left her perplexed.

Alice smiled deeply and accepted it. “Thank you”

Lu Han’s glove was rather big on her hand, but it added a pinch of warm which she loved. Lu Han took her other bare hand and embrace it with his covered hand, interlacing their fingers.

He kissed her forehead softly and whispered, “You’re welcome”

 


 

 author's note 

» I can’t believe we already finish it. I can’t believe it. >.<

Thanks for supporting me all the time. Thanks for having the time to stop and read this fic. I’m really thankful. This the first fic I complete and I feel so weird right now xD but I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Thanks for commenting and upvoting. Thanks for giving Misfire your love <3

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS BEAUTIFUL JOURNEY WITH ME.

I feel so happy with this ending. Even with its flaws and grammar mistakes, which I believe they are, I was pleasant with this result.

Let me tell you a confession… I started writing Misfire around August 2013, but I wanted to have some chapter written down to clear up my mind what this fic was going to be about. I had changed my mind so many times actually and changed the conversation a few times, and even added some details I didn’t write at first. I finally posted it in October and started publishing the chapters around a month later. And chapter 50 was finished 140205 around 12:45 am at my country.

And I’m thinking about adding a special chapter about their future life. Yeah Alice and Lu Han’s future life (my lovely HanLice) T-T Let me know what you think about.

Thank you so much! Gracias por su apoyo! Domo-arigatou! Kamsahabnida! Merci beaucoup! Xie-xie! Dank! I don’t know if I should add more languages because i’m using the translator xD the ones i feel more familiar with are spanish, english, japanese, korean and chinese xD

Well, thanks for being so wonderful! I love you guys! <3 Please, keep supporting me in my other projects :D

For the ones who are curiosed about my other projects you can check Painfully Captivating  (as well Luhan as the male main ^.^ ) Marionette's Heart: Fedras (with Sehun as the male main!) The latter it's also a fantasy fic ;) 

 

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!