Visit

Misfire

 

 chapter thirty-one

Visit

 


 

After receiving such unexpected new Chanyeol wanted to visit his younger brother right away, but he couldn’t. He needed to finish his schedule in college first, as well as his other five friends.

Chanyeol asked Alice to visit him first, because he remembered how well they got along. Also to explain Jinwoo the reason why his older brother couldn’t visit him earlier. At least, Jinwoo will have someone who made him company besides his parents.

“We should take that bus,” Sulli signaled the coming vehicle. The latter was accompanying Alice to visit Jinwoo due to both not having schedules early in the morning.

The girls sat together and waited the bus to start moving. Sulli sat next to the window.

“It’s kind of weird,” the angel mumbled. Alice turned to look at her with a confused gaze. “Did something happen?”

“I remember once Chanyeol told me that Jinwoo doesn’t get sick easily”

“Even the strongest ones get sick once in a while,” Alice stated as the bus started moving.

“I guess you are right,” Sulli nodded softly as her gaze changed towards the landscape.

The ride wasn’t long. It took about fifty minutes to reach the hospital where Jinwoo was admitted.

Once the apprentices find the location, they entered the building. At first, Alice felt like she had been there before. She remembered that she had seen before the details and decorations around the white rooms.

This is the hospital where Lu Han´s mother is hospitalized. Realization hit her.

“Jinwoo´s room is 304,” Sulli said as she came back to tell Alice. The angel noticed her friend eyeing the room calmly. The demon´s gaze turned towards Sulli and nodded. Both made their way towards the elevator and waited until it reached the third floor. When they arrived the certain floor, they search for the room they were looking for, which was pretty easily due the walls having a sign indicating the room´s number location. They turned to their right and found it. Alice knocked. A few minutes later, they heard a voice saying “Come in” and they entered the room.

Jinwoo´s eyes grew wider as he saw the girl who was visiting him. He remembered Sulli pretty well, but the little kid wasn’t expecting Alice at all. He wasn’t expecting to see her. Jinwoo grew in excitement and happiness.

“Jinwoo,” Alice recognized the boy resting on the bed and got near him, Sulli following her. “Do you remember me?” Sulli got a bit surprised. Neither Alice neither Chanyeol told her that the first knew the younger boy.

“Of course I do! I´m happy to see you Alice,” Jinwoo´s face a warm smile and his eyes turned towards the other girl in the room, “It’s nice to see you too Sulli”

Sulli haven’t seen Jinwoo´s smile that way before. It was so sincere and pure. And his happiness was pretty obvious to her due to her powers.

“Your brother couldn’t come now because he had classes to attend,” Alice said as she sat at the border of the bed. Sulli sat on the couch next to the bed.

“I was expecting that. Wait,” Jinwoo paused and grew in confusion, “Do you know my brother, Alice?”

Alice and Sulli looked at each other and giggled. Jinwoo wasn’t aware of the relationship the demon has with the boys and the angel yet.

“We all are friends now,” Alice answered.

“That´s nice to hear,” Jinwoo smiled widely.

“Jinwoo, why did you get sick?” Sulli asked the younger boy.

“I got indigestion,” the younger boy started, “My class was staying in Seoul during three days for a school project and I think I ate something yesterday that made me sick”

“That’s why your parents called Chanyeol?” Sulli asked.

“They couldn’t come here to check on you because they had to work,” Alice completed making Jinwoo nod in agreement.

“I understand their situation though. At least, I´m able to see Yeol once again.” The little boy smiled softly.

Jinwoo told the girls that he was hospitalized yesterday during the night. He wasn’t afraid at all. He was preoccupied for his parent’s reaction because the latter didn’t want to worry them. They had a lot of troubles and priorities they had to face, and receiving such an impacting new will make them lose focus and will make their concern grew.

“Jinwoo, don’t think like that,” Alice stated, “You make it looks like you are a burden for them, which you are obviously not”

Jinwoo face felt. He was playing with his fingers as his gaze following his little fingers fight with each other. “This morning my mom called. She was really worried. Her voice was trembling. I made her worry. She, dad and Yeol too.”

“That´s what family do, right?” Sulli added, “They get worry because they care. They grew anxious because they love you.”

“Don’t feel bad about it.” Alice stood up and caressed Jinwoo´s head softly, “Concern is a way of expressing love for the ones we care the most”

Jinwoo nodded softly. The caring words from Sulli and encouraging ones from Alice made him feel better. Those helped him his day got brighter and his heart warm.

Sulli took a glace towards the clock’s dorm. She remembered Chanyeol telling her that around that hour he was free and if she could, call him. He wanted to get news from his little brother.

“I´ll come back in a minute. I need to make a call,” Sulli said as she stood up making both, Jinwoo and Alice nod. The angel made her way towards the door and left the room. She was heading to call Chanyeol.

“Are you scheduled to stay here longer?” Jinwoo shook his head. He told Alice that his sickness got better with the medicaments the doctor gave him yesterday. That morning he felt way better and he was told he needed to stay for one more day because the doctor has still to check on him. It didn’t bother him because Jinwoo wasn’t like most of the kids who dislike going to the doctor or the dentist. He knew it would help his physical state got better if he was sick. He was aware of it and he didn’t like to make a fuss of it: staying in a hospital. After all, Jinwoo was pretty mature for his young age.

Sulli and Alice stayed with Jinwoo the rest of the morning and part of the afternoon. They had to wait for Chanyeol to finish his schedule to come to visit his brother. He knew about his parents not being able to come to check on Jinwoo due to work that’s why he asked his female friends to made the younger boy some company until he arrives.

Jinwoo was telling the girls, who were sitting together in the couch next to the bed, about school. How his grades had incresase the last semester and he and his parents were proud of the little boy’s effort. Also he was telling them about the project he was asked to do in Seoul. Suddenly, the three of them heard someone knocking and their gazes stopped at the door.

“Come in,” Jinwoo said and the door opened reveling not only Chanyeol, but also the other five males coming alongside with the first. Jinwoo’s room was big enough for ten people so there´s was enough space for all.

“Yeol!” Jinwoo cheered as he saw his older brother coming, who in response smiled widely. Chanyeol stood next to him and patted Jinwoo’s head caringly. The rest of the boy stood in front of Jinwoo’s bed.

“How are you? Do you feel tired? Do you feel hungry? You wanted to want something to eat or sleep perhaps? Do you-“ “-Yeol! I´m fine,” Jinwoo smiled softly as he noticed his brother’s concern. Then Jinwoo’s gaze turned towards the five guys standing on the edge of his bed and smiled to them. “Thanks for coming”

All of them nodded. “No problem,” Baekhyun added.

“Do you feel better?” Lu Han asked. “I’m fine.”

“Sulli told us you had indigestion,” Kai stated as he sat in the arm of the couch, next to Sulli.

“Nothing you should worry about”

“Are you sure? Don’t you want me to bring the doctor to check on you?” Chanyeol suggested as he sat on the bed, next to Jinwoo, as he took his younger brother hand and caressed it.

“Yeol, I told you I’m fine. Don’t worry,” Jinwoo smiled to him indicating he was indeed ok. Chanyeol nodded.

Tao glanced towards the two empty chairs next to the couch the girls were sitting and sat on the first, next to Jongin, and his gaze turned towards Baekhyun. Then Baekhyun followed him, he sat next to him and Jongin next to the latter.

Sehun got aware of his friends intentions as he glanced them. All of them, Jongin, Baekhyun and Tao had a mischievous smile. He got the message: they wanted Lu Han to sit next to Alice. Sehun smirked and sat fastly on the couch arm. Lu Han eyed his friends, who were giggling, and sighed. Sometimes they are pretty obvious and childish. But he didn’t mind at all sitting next to her, so Lu Han made his way towards the empty spot and sat. Alice, who bit her lower lip due to nervousness, was happy but a bit uncomfortable. Alice smiled a bit.

“How was college, guys?” Sulli asked as she noticed her friend state. She tried to change the mood a bit by asking something.

The boys looked at each other and then they stared at Chanyeol, who in response gazed them with an innocent look and blushed a bit.

“What did my older brother do?”

 “Tell the boy about what really happened,” Kai smirked.

“Actually, he was really annoying,” Baekhyun added, “He was constantly asking about you and wondering situation really absurd about your health.”

“Also he was clumsy all the day,” Sehun continued, “He even spilled his food on his shirt because he got distracted thinking about you.” Jinwoo laughed at his brother’s clumsiness.

Chanyeol got embarrassed.

“Thanks for worrying,” Jinwoo continued laughing, “I guess?”

“What does that supposed to mean?”

All burst laughing except for Chanyeol, who had a confused gaze. “What are you laughing about?! It’s not funny at all!”

“Yes, it is, Yeol!”

“Sometimes, you’re really inattentive Chanyeol,” Baekhyun said.

“I wonder how you and Jinwoo are brothers,” Sulli giggled, “You have opposite personalities”

Chanyeol pouted. The older brother was the one with the childish and absent-minded personality. The boys continued telling Jinwoo stories about Chanyeol´s day and joking around. They mentioned how he didn’t pay attention at all to his surroundings or classes making the little boy smiled. Chanyeol didn’t mind at all because his friends were making his younger brother happy. They were making all his fears go away for a while and he appreciates it.

“Alice,” Lu Han whispered. The mentioned female turned towards him with a bright face. She was laughing due to the funny stories the guys were telling. Lu Han noticed her glowing and for a few seconds he felt mesmerized by that smile forgetting what he was going to tell her.

“Lu Han?” He heard her calling his name and smiled at it. “Did something happen?” Alice mumbled.

Lu Han giggled at his stupid reaction. He lost his mind for a moment. And all due to the girl he likes.

“When we were in the bus to our way here,” Lu Han started, “I felt a similar aura to yours”

“Similar,” Alice whispered, “…aura”

Realization hit her. Someone with a similar aura has her must be a demon or an apprentice. So that means…

“I think you should have known,” Lu Han turned to see her reaction and noticed her eyes reflected nervousness yet they were calm.

Alice nodded softly. “Thanks for t-telling me,” Alice whispered. Her voice trembled a bit.

She knew what meant if Lu Han perceived someone with a similar aura as her. Apprentices came back to earth and the exam is coming. That´s the only logical answer she could think of.

“Are you ok?” Lu Han asked, “You look a bit paler”

“I´ll go out and get some fresh air,” Alice stood up receiving glances from everyone in the room and left. She didn’t even let them ask what happened to her, why she suddenly stood and left because before she even realized it she started walking far from Jinwoo´s room.

“What were you two whispering about?” Kai asked with a naughty gaze.

“What did you tell her to make her leave the room?” Tao added with a same gaze.

Lu Han eyed Jinwoo, who had a wondering gaze. The first knew that he was still oblivious about Alice real identity, so he couldn’t talk about it so freely. “Nothing”

“Nothing? Really?” Baekhyun said, “You expected us to believe that?”

Sulli knew that Lu Han didn’t want to tell what happened because of Jinwoo. The latter didn’t even know that both Sulli was an angel apprentice and Alice was a demon apprentice. She was aware of that.

“Chanyeol,” Sulli started, “Can you take Jinwoo outside for a while?”

He nodded. Jinwoo didn’t complain because he knew that what they were going to discuss was adult stuff. He knew he couldn’t understand it even with effort. It wasn’t his duty understand it after all, Jinwoo was still a kid.

Once the brothers left, all the eyes felt on Lu Han expecting for an answer. Jongin, Chanyeol, Tao and Baekhyun got aware that if Sulli suddenly ask Jinwoo to left the room it was due to the topic being about angels and demons.

“Lu Han, what happened?” Sulli asked full with concerned. She noticed the sudden change in Alice´s emotions when the latter stood up.

Lu Han sighed. “It’s pretty complicated. But I guess you have the rights to know”

 

-

 

Alice left the hospital. She was now standing at the main door. Outside. The girl was resting her back on the wall as he watched people walking by. She had an ejected gaze. Her thoughts were full of concern and worry. She knew sooner or later this was going to happen. But was she ready for it? Was she ready to take that huge step? Was she ready to take that exam? She didn’t even know the answer yet.

“Alice?” The mentioned girl lifted her gaze and turned towards where the voice called. Her eyes grew wider in surprised. The apprentice didn’t expect to meet the person she was standing in front at all.

“Xiumin? What are you doing here?”

 


 

 author's note 

»Yep. Another member made it's debut on Misfire :D and it was Minseok's turn! :)