Hope

Misfire

 

 chapter forty-eight

Hope

 


 

 

To The Guardians Heaven:

            I’m really glad you didn’t judge me for being a demon apprentice. Thanks for trusting me and not judging me. Thanks for let me be me. I know I was supposed to be a demon, but my heart and personality didn’t match it at all. And I’ll pay the consequences of my acts.

Thanks Kris, Suho, Lay and D.O                                                                                  Alice

 

 

To Sehun:

            Thanks for trusting me. I know it was difficult for you to open up to someone like me, but you tried and I’m glad you did. I’m sure you saw me as a charge at the beginning. That’s why you didn’t like me. And I understand it.

Please take care of them. Even if you are the youngest, you are act really mature. Please try to not cause them problems in the future, and help Lu Han and Jongin in work, don’t stay without doing anything but stare, it’s rude.

Thanks for everything, Sehun.                                                                                      Alice

 

 

To Kai:

            Behind your player mask there’s a really funny and caring person, which I grew to like. I got used to your personality. And to be honest, at first, I hate it. I didn’t like it a bit, but then I realized the sincere and helpful person behind that disguise. That’s the real you and don’t change it.

Stay as you are, even with your playful character, but warm heart. I know you and Sehun did your best to settle things between Lu Han and me. And I really appreciate it.

Thank you, Kai.                                                                                                          Alice

 

 

To Tao:

            Thanks for being patient and attentive with me. Thanks for trusting me from the beginning. You have a beautiful heart and a funny character. You didn’t stop smiling and laughing.

Don’t make it difficult for the rest, ok? Keep them smiling with your childish and funny acts, which I’ll also remember and treasured them. I know that’s your have to tell them you care and love your friends.

And thanks for letting me meditate with you, Tao.                                                          Alice

 

 

To Chanyeol:

            Did someone already told you that you have a baby face and a deep voice that didn’t match at all? Maybe. I’ll miss your morning yells to wake the others up. It was really funny listen theirs complains and cries so early in the morning.

Keep waking the rest up with your usual way. Make them laugh and smile as much as possible. Because all of you deserve happiness. Thanks for everything and for liking me so much. I know you cared for me the same way as the others.

Chanyeol, to the happy virus of the house. Stay always happy.                                      Alice

 

 

To Baekhyun:

            Don’t let anything stop you. Keep pursing your dreams. Fight for them.

Thanks for sharing so many happy memories. Thanks for making me laugh every day. Thanks for making us smile every day. You and Chanyeol are a powerful and bright duo that made the apartment full of bliss. And both of you are really noise, yet playful.

I know you’ll fight for your love for music. I’m sure of it. So don’t give up, ok? I want you to be the best because you deserve it.

Thank you, Baekhyun. You posed an amazing, powerful and beautiful voice.                   Alice

 

 

 

To Sulli:

            I can’t believe I grew so attached with an angel. You became my best friend in just less than a month. I grew to love you and admire you. Sulli, I was envious about your cooking skills, but at the same time I loved them. Thanks for being so supportive and giving me strength, because of you and Lu Han I made the decision I took.

Thanks for being so sincere and bright. Thanks for your motherly love not only you shared with the boys, but also with me.

I’ll miss you. I’ll miss your smile and concern acts. Thanks for protecting me and trying to help me all the time you could.                                                                                               Alice    

 

 

To Lu Han:

            I don’t know if a letter is enough for me to express all the happiness you gave me. I got contented because of you. Because of you I learnt to love and to be loved. Because of you I turned into the person I am now. Because you were able to see through me. You were able to get to know the real person I was. And I let you know my secrets and flaws.

You cared for me from the begging and I didn’t notice it. You felt for me because of my sincerity. You didn’t care what I was and still listened to your heart. You trusted me, even being a demon-apprentice.

And I grew to love the person who are you. I grew used to your soft and worry gazes, to your meaningful kisses and supportive words. I grew used to love you and care for you.

Thanks for love me. Thanks for showing me the meaning of true and pure love. And even if this has to end like this, I won’t ever forget you and I hope you won’t.

I’ll always love you. I’ll always do. But I want you to be happy. I want you to keep smiling and don’t let my disappearance stop you. We’ve been through difficult and painful times together. We comforted your sadness together and my worries together.

If moving on makes you happy and brings you less pain, do it. Move on. Just try to not forget me. Let me be selfish just for a moment, even if I already told you about it. I want you to treasure the moments we spend together. I don’t want you to forget them. Yet…I want you to be happy to. Find happiness with other girl. Fall in love with another girl; even if it would be painful for me, I want you to be happy.  I won’t be longer here, so don’t worry about my feelings.

Thanks for everything and the bliss you gave me with your presence.

Thanks for calling me by my real name, even if only you knew it. Hearing you say my name was meaningful.

I will always love you, Lu Han.                                                  Alice, or rather called Ahri by you.

 

 

“She disappeared?!” Five different voices yelled, the only one who didn’t was Sehun, who was just listening carefully with surprise. Sulli and the six boys read the letter Alice left to them. And Lu Han was explaining what happened with her.

He told them she failed and her punishment is disappear physically, but they weren’t sure if mentally too because it wasn’t midnight yet.

Lu Han felt like crying with the letter. He was depressed and hurt. Even if he said goodbye to her, he wasn’t expecting she leaving such a meaningful and deep letter to him.

The other five boys were perplexed with the notes. They were confused. And in Sulli’s case she had a vague idea about it. She just confirmed it when Lu Han explained.

The apprentice wasn’t sure what to think or say. She was puzzled and dizzy with what just happened. But she comprehended why Alice didn’t tell her or the other five boys. Alice didn’t want to preoccupy them, but still she did.

And all of them understood why she only told Lu Han, because Alice felt more comfortable telling him. Even if she was friends with the others, Alice felt more untroubled telling Lu Han, because he knew more things about the girl rather than the others.

They indeed had a special relationship.

“Is there anything we can do?” Sehun asked with the sight of the broken Lu Han and the sad gazes of his other friends. His question was directly specifically towards Sulli or Lu Han.

Sulli answered, “I’m not sure. I don’t have enough powers to go against The Council rules, but,” she stopped and looked at the letter left she had on her other hand. The Guardians Heaven. Maybe they can do something.

Lu Han seemed to guess who was she thinking about and nodded to Sulli, indicating her to go. He wanted her to come with a solution. Because he won’t give up so easily. He won’t lose hope this easily, not yet.

And with that Sulli left the apartment and head towards Heaven, leaving Lu Han to explain his friends on the solution they both thought about. Maybe there’s still something they can do.

 

“So her punishment was disappearing,” Kris said as he closed he letter. Sulli nodded. The Guardians knew the reason for her sudden appearance because they read the note. The note Alice left for them. Even if it was a small letter, it was clear and meaningful.

They didn’t want to crush her hopes, but they were not allowed to interfere with Hell’s decisions. Midnight was getting closer and closer.

But they also can’t allow Alice receive a punishment due to her sincere character, can they? Even if it’s against the rules in Heaven, they simple couldn’t just stay there, doing nothing, when actually there’s something they can do. There’s a remedy. There’s a special spell.

Suho diverted his gaze from the letter towards the other three angels and receive a nod from them making him smile in content. He knew he can count with their support.

“There’s something we can do, Sulli,” Suho smiled making the girl gaze turned brighter.

“But we need you to stay here in Heaven for a while,” D.O added, “You can’t go visit Earth for a while”

“But I need to explain the boys!” Sulli complained, “There are sad because of it. And Lu Han…Lu Han is indeed the most hurt out of them. I need to tell them there’s a solution!”

“We know Sulli,” Lay said, “But this spell won’t work if you tell them”

“This is your final exam, Sulli. If you help us, you’ll pass the exam and you’ll be an angel,” Kris added.

The girl thought about it. But she agreed with their conditions. Anything to make them happy, especially Lu Han.

The Guardians explained Sulli what was the spell about and she comprehended it immediately. But there can be consequences too. There was a chance that Alice loses part of her memory or her abilities as a demon. Meaning she’ll lose the ability to see other angels and demons and if this occurs and Sulli converts into an angel, they won’t be able to see each other again. Still Sulli was determinate to bring her back.

It was already past midnight. And The Guardians were sure The Council decided to erase any tracks of Alice in Earth, they made sure to erase people memories about Alice. Yet they evoke a spell to revoke the effect on the six guys. They tried their best to remain their memories stable and not forget Alice because it would be easier for the Guardians if they do.

When the correct people don’t forget a certain person, it makes this spell stronger and more effective. And it helps it when there a special boundary, because the eight of them had a special amity.

It might be hard and against the rules, but The Guardians Heaven wanted to do it.