The Guardians Heaven

Misfire

 chapter thirty-eight

The Guardians Heaven

 


They were standing in front of her. The four of them. The four angels. The four members of The Guardians Heaven. Never had Alice thought of seeing them together. Never had Alice thought of the small possibility of their encounter. Yet, they were in front of her eyes.

“Let us introduce ourselves,” the one with a pale skin, gentle and dark eyes, defined nose and warming aura started, “We are The Guardians Heaven. I’m Suho”

Alice’s lips were forming a thin line as she nodded softly. She was still processing what was happening.

“I’m Lay.” Alice turned towards the angel and noticed a visible dimple on his right cheek as he smiled. He was the one with a kind but tired gaze.

D.O was the next who spoke, but he didn’t use his name as an introduction. “We already meet, haven’t we?”

She smiled softly in response to his question; it was her way of saying yes. Alice remembered him perfectly.

The only one left was the tallest among the group. The angel seemed to have a strong gaze and bad attitude, but his aura tells otherwise.

“Kris,” he introduced as he noticed they were waiting for him.

Alice wasn’t wondering about their names, yet they introduced to her properly. She was wondering why they appeared. What’s the reason for their sudden appearance? As far as she knows, she hasn’t done anything to hurt or harm somebody, yet.

Had D.O told them about her? Had he mentioned the time they met?

“You are Alice, aren’t you? The demon apprentice?” Lay asked her as he eyed her from head to toe. She didn’t look like someone of their kind. Actually, the six of them noticed Alice’s aspect portraits the opposite of a demon. She lacks of the crave of envy or greed. Her gaze was a tender one, but her aura told them otherwise. It was like a mixture of a demon’s aroma combined with a normal girl one, a human one.

Alice was about to answer when she noticed the back of someone in front of her eyes. And as she lifter her gaze she saw Lu Han standing in front of her, protecting her.

He was putting himself in danger because of her. He knew the rules were against of their relationship because Sulli mentioned them to him before. Yet Lu Han had the courage to defend Alice no matter what.

But he wasn’t the only one, but Sulli too.

The angel apprentice stood next to her and hugged one of her arms. It was her way of saying she supports her. It was her way to saying she’ll try to protect her. It was her way of saying she was sorry of telling the guardians about her, but Alice didn’t know that. She still doesn’t.

The moment Sulli met them that day was early in the morning. Sulli was debating of telling the guardians about her friend. All this time she remained silent was due to a reason; Sulli thought of her as a born demon in Hell. Sulli thought that Alice, as well as the other apprentices from both kind, had the same age, around hundreds of years, but she wasn’t.

Alice had the age of a normal girl. Alice was nineteen years old. She uses her vital energy to fly and to invoke spells, when her kind doesn’t require to waist it, but she does. Alice’s wings were the rather small and they had a soft tone of a pure grey; the most mesmerizing the angel had ever seen. Not only were those physical characteristics the total opposite from the demons Sulli is aware of, but also her personality.

Sulli told them due to concern. Sulli mentioned her friend to The Guardians Heaven because she wasn’t able to come with a proper answer herself. There was something intriguing about the demon she could understand. Why was she so different from her kind?

The four of them laughed of their sudden act. Lu Han and Sulli had misinterpreted their actions.

They were just protecting her. A demon apprentice. They weren’t planning of hurting her. That would be devastating. They were there to find out about her. They had come to talk with her in a decent way, not to cause any kind misunderstanding.

“Guys, it’s ok,” Alice whispered as she touched Sulli’s hands motioning her to let the first go then her gaze landed of Lu Han and she gave him a supportive and loving smile.

She was telling them not to worry about her.

Everything will be alright.

As long as I don’t lie, it would be alright.

“Yes, I am,” she answered honestly.

“Tell us. About your intentions of becoming friends with the ones you aren’t suppose to have any bonds,” Kris tested her with a demanding tone, yet it didn’t scare her, “You are aware of the rules and you just went against them.”

“I am. I know it was against the rules all the time. I knew it would be troublesome not only for Sulli, but also for them,” Alice turned towards Lu Han with a sad gaze. She was referring to him and his friends. “But,” her gaze turned to The Guardians once again and it changed from a broken one to a strong and with determinate look, “I’m willing to take the consequences. I already made my decision the moment I met them. They were nothing but caring with me. They trust me from the beginning even knowing what kind of person I’ll turn to. And I’m willing to suffer for them, because I won’t let my kind harm them. My decisions lead me to this solution. Even if my actions lead me to failure, I’m willing to sacrifice myself for their well-being”

Impresed. The Guardians Heaven were impressed with her sincere and determinate answer. She didn’t hesitate any single word she mentioned.

This was the reason why they like her. This was the reason why Sulli and those six boys, especially the one standing next to the angel, like her. Her sincerity. They understood now. The reason of protecting and hiding Alice was due to her kind nature.

She was nothing but a girl who was willing to suffer for the ones she cares and protected her. Alice was willing to do the same with the ones who supported her. Her benevolent heart tells her this was the correct answer for her behavior. Even if she suffers alone, Alice is preparing for her punishment. Because she is sure there will be one.

“Told you she meant no harm,” D.O said as he crossed his arms proudly.

“She just proves us wrong and she’s not selfish at all,” Suho smiled at her.

“I like her. She’s kind,” Lay added as he turned towards his two friends.

Lu Han as he heard Lay’s words scoffed making Sulli giggled.

“It seems you gain their confidence,” Kris said as he gazed his angel friends, “You’re still a demon apprentice so we’ll keep an eye on you”

“What about you Kris?” Sulli asked as she stood near to Alice. All this time she and Lu Han were behind the demon hearing and noticed her words and expressions. “Do you trust her?”

“There’s nothing fishy about her so far.” Sulli smiled widely, but Alice’s eyes got rounded.

So far? What does Kris mean by so far?

And if he noticed her puzzled gaze he continued. The real reason they had come to the apartment was due to something regarding not about behavior or acts, but her true self. The real Alice.

Where did she come from?

Why was she so different from the other demons?

Why was she so unique?

What was she?

“Tell us, Alice. Who you really are,” Kris questioned her with a visible smirk on his lips, “You aren’t a born full-demon, but a half-demon half-human”

 


 

 author's note 

» Confused and surprised with the last part? Hehehehe. Actually, that main fact (Alice being half-demon half-human) came at the very first moment I came with the idea for this fic, so I hope I left you astonished. That was my one of my goals :P Don't worry, I’ll explain about it on the next chapter

 If you wondered who were the ones who appeared in the last part of the previous chapter…. They were Kris and Lay ^^ in that order.

So here we have a little encounter between Alice and The Guardians (: and I was fangirling over the fact Luhan stood in front of Alice to protect her T-T OMG that was so cute! *the author is fangirling over her own fic x3*