Chapter 1

Fadeless Memory

18 years after

Korean National Police Agency, Seoul

 

One young man with his shabby look being drags by one police officer entering the big building after him being caught for disturbance and fight; the smelt of alcohol can be smell in him.  In his temper he tries to escape himself from the police grip but the handcuff on his hand limits his movement, make him no option except to follows the police officer in heading to the office for his false did. In their walking, they run with one man wearing a casual black attire that give a smart looking to him with a broad and fit body he have. “Sir” in respond the police officer greets the man make the young man wonder and admires the good looking guys in front of him. In his smile the man greets back to the police officer before he continue his walks heading to the elevator and leave a masculine smell of his cologne.

Once arrives at the office still with the handcuff on his hand, the police officer bring him to his senior and ask him to sit in front of the senior who already waiting to get the report regarding the caught. “Sir, the offender being caught at 0700 hours at one stall at Songdo Market  for fight and disturbance” in his respect tone the police officer report the caught that he did “Here his identity card and the report of the caught” and lend out the offender’s identity card to his senior. The senior police officer with the solemn face takes the identity card and the report. “Okay you may go now” he continues his word and faces the offender. The offender with the shabby looks smirk a little to the senior officer; some bruise can be seen on his face “Release me, I’m not false”.

“Mr. Lee, you being caught for give disturbance and fight and you still say you’re not false?” the Senior Officer rebuke back his word still in his serious face; he really piss off with the offender, not even have a guilty in doing his false did even the evidence really shows he is the one who is guilty but as his past experience for almost 15 years working here it is something that common; not all offender will agree with their false did. But still with his innocent feeling the offender protest back his word and still refuse for his wrong did and with his loud voice he make a range in the office. “Release me, I’m not false. You caught a wrong person”

But the evidence still accuse the young man is guilty, even though he still denied but there are no alibi for him to escape from the crime; during the caught happen he is there together with the victim and only both of them there inside the victim’s restaurant, even the victim himself accuse he the one who make the ruckus. “Since you’re little drunken we will not charged you for assault. Here take this fine and please pay it within the stated time” the Senior Police Officer with his glasses take out one paper after he prints it out. With the smirk face the young man take his summon paper and leave the department while keep nagging and read the paper at his hand “What with this department accuse somebody who is innocent without further investigation. What!!!”

With his tall figure, the young man walks to the lobby of the building and take his sit at one of the crouch there.  Not many people around the places and only one old man with a little child sit together at the other crouch.  The area around the lobby also so quite, from afar the young man can see the cleaner busy cleaning the places while some of the policeman with their smart uniform walks around the place even some with their serious faces walks together leaving the building while keeps discussing something. With some gesture he greets the old man and takes out his mobile phone and calls his friend. “Joong Ki, I really got a big problem now. You come here first we discuss it further later”

Feeling sleepy, ignoring the people or surround he tries to take a nap at the crouch while waiting for his friend to come. In his closed eyes, his mind keep thinking the past incident that happen to him this early in the morning and he really feels regret for his pitiful life. If he knows all this things would happen never ever in his life he will go to the place, never ever in his life try to be a nice guy; a rage come to him when thinking the man who had lead him to receive the problem and he swear to himself to get his revenge later. While still in his thinking with his closed eyes, suddenly he feels someone poke and sit beside him. Knowing the person with the smell of his cologne, he opens his eyes a little and greets the man beside him with a smile. “Why so late?”

“Traffic jammed. How could this thing happen?” And the young man told his story unaware one man there standing behind them at the vending machine unexpectedly hearing their conversation.

 

**Flashback**

Sodo Market

It was 5 a.m in the morning, the area was dark but the atmosphere in the market is not quite as the area. The vendor and the fishmongers are busy prepared their stall with a wished for a better day in their selling today to earn some wealth to support their living expenses. From afar one young man with his tall body still wear his work outfit walked alone heading to one stall near the market; tired and sad face can be seen on his face. Once he entered the stall, he saw only the stall owner are there busy in prepared his foods, the atmosphere inside the stall quite warm due to the steam of the cook. “Soju please” he said to the owner once he took his sit at the end corner of the stall.

After one hour there drank, still with his little sober he walked exited the stall and walked towards his car where he run with the group of thug heading to the market. Ignored the thugs or the situation that might happen at the market, he continue his walked when suddenly he noticed his car key been left at the stall once he reached his car. Felt stupid with his mistake, he walked back to the stall when he saw some ruckus happen there and towards his surprise it was done by the bunch of thug that he saw before. In his scared he watched the scene and felt sympathized towards the hawker he took his courage. “Police! Police!” he loud while hided himself at the side of the stall afraid the thugs might saw him which made the thugs ran from the place.

Once the thugs leave the place, he then walked enter the stall where he saw the hawker lied on the floor, blood can be saw on his face and mouth and the place looked messy, the table and chair are everywhere around the place. Rashly he ran to the hawker but unexpectedly the guys pushed him hard until he felt and knocked his face at the table. “Why you help me? Go!” Felt angry with the hawker reaction towards his help he grabbed the man on his collar when suddenly a young police officer entered the stall. “Sir, he the one who make all this, caught him” in surprise he heard the hawker’s statement which lead him to the current problem now.

**end of flashback**

 

“How could that man do that to you? We must go to him Kwang Soo” in express his anger whilst punch the crouch his best friend said after he ends his story. “I know but how could we make him to cancel this report” he said and shows the summon paper to his friend which cause a shock in seeing the figure inside. “1 million ₩ to be paid within 3 days?”  

“I won’t pay it since I’m not guilty, Joong Ki your father know many lawyer and police can he help me?” he begs to his friend to ask a helpful from his father but only the shake he received. “My father didn’t want to deal with them again”. With the morrow face both of them turn down their face while their mind keep thinking the solution for problem that had happen, when suddenly one man voice appear from behind. “May I help you” the stranger voice that had cause a shock in him since he still remember the man; a good looking guy with the masculine smell that he like.