Chapter 3

Fadeless Memory

“Ohhh… that man, he is Detective Superintendent Kim Jong Kook, the best detective in here” the young Police Officer words make them in awe.

With a gesture of thankful, both of them walks back to the lobby in the wishful of their lucky in meeting the Detective since he is someone who is rare to be seen in the building and it is forbidden to enter his department for a public.  After an hour waiting, feeling bored and gives up Kwang Soo leads his friend and exit the building when suddenly he heard one voice that he recognize from behind. With a warm smile he turns his body where he found the man that he had waited long walks toward him with his serious face together with his subordinate and walks past unnoticed him standing there.

“Detective Kim Jong Kook-shi” he loud the man name and run to him which is standing with his blank face after heard his name being called. In a bow as a gesture of sorry for disturbing he greets the Detective which unexpectedly still recognizes him and say his thankful and pleasure. “It’s nothing; I just help as that what need to be done by the police. Furthermore I don’t want the public to misunderstand us”  the Detective answer before he pardon himself and leave the building together with his subordinate enter the car which already wait him outside, while both the same age friend just watch the man go with their warm smile.

 

******                                     

Busan
 

Detective Kim Jong Kook with his subordinate arrives at the place, glad with the easiness of transportation within an hour they already arrived at the murder location. “Sir, the victim Yeol Jee Gun had been died at 0300 hour by shot at his head and be leave alone here with his car and we found this note on his body” one police officer said to him once he enter the crime scene while show him the note.

“I will revenge” - Kaonashi

Wearing the glove, Jong Kook enters the crime scene and checks the victim body together with other detective from Busan Police branch. “He is leaves alone and sit at the backsit? Where his driver?” he said while write something on his log books before he continue his search toward the dead body. In his finding he found something strange, the man right hand like trying to reach something while others is holding his mobile phone just like he was about answering his call. On the sit beside the dead body he found one briefcase and his eye ewe once he saw the money inside. “So, this is not because of robbery”

He then does body checking towards the victim where he found one pistol at the man big waist then he goes to the front car after asks the other detective to take all the evidence. In his searching at the front sit he found one spent casing hidden somewhere near the gear. “It’s look like semi-auto gun”. Grab one transparent bag, he pick the shell and place it inside before he give the evidence to one policeman for further investigation  before exited the car while in his mind keep questioning the leave note.

As he exit the car one police approach him “Sir, there a report of finding dead body at the Busan port, 5km from here”. After nod his head, he then enter the police car and heading to the port to investigate the crime scene there. Once he arrives, many people already at the port especially the workers and rashly he walks to one police officer there to read the report of investigation.

“Kim Jae Hee, age 38 was found dead by one worker here with the gun shot on his stomach. Estimated dead time around 0200 hour. Any evidence found?” he ask the policeman but only the shake he received by the Inspector. Feeling regret with the finding he walks around the place where he found a cigarette and some mark like someone being dragged on the road. In questioned he searches the entire area where he found one bullet shell drop near the place. Feeling familiar with the shell, he asks one police officer to take his finding before he walks to the car and leave the place towards Busan Metropolitan Police Agency. ‘I think this case somewhat related with one before’

 

******

Seoul

Jong Kook just arrived home after his busy schedule today, the murder case at Busan really intriguing him and he found some familiar with the name of the old man but he can’t remember where he found it. After take his shower and eat his dinner, he just lay himself at the crouch to watch the drama before slowly his eyes closed and shut.

When the night nearly 3 o clock, he awake from his sleep when he feels some coldness, from outside he can hear the sound of thunder approaching. Still in his slumber he shut down the television before he walks to his room and lie himself on his bed but some memory approaching him.

 

**Flashback**

The sound of thunder can be heard from outside, 13 years old Kim Jong Kook who is at the library alone suddenly cried and his body shaken. Felt scared he hidden himself under the table when suddenly he heard some step appeared from a far while chanted his name. But the timid Jong Kook just remains silent only the sound of his cry can be heard and slowly the step approached him.  

“Jong Kook-ah, come here. Don’t be scare” the lady came towards him, grabbed to his arm and slowly tried to pull him from under the table. The little Jong Kook with astraphobia then slowly ran towards the lady and burst his cry on her hug while the lady keep his hair to cool him down.

**end of flashback**

 

But it was happen 17 years before, now Jong Kook had already recover from his astraphobia and he feels thankful for the lady who never miss even once to give him strength during his teenage time, for him the lady like his mother, he miss her a lot like he miss his parent. She is his teacher; she is his leader the lady that he knows during his time at the orphanage. Feeling miss and sleepy, slowly his eyes shut back and drop him into the dreamland.