Chapter 9

Fadeless Memory

It was 6.45 o’clock at evening when Ji Hyo arrives at her house. Once he enters her house he can see her father and her brother, Joong Ki at the kitchen busy preparing their dinner. “Noona, you just arrived”. Nod a little answering her brother question, Ji Hyo walks to her room and have her shower.

After her shower, she walks to the dining hall where she can see her father and Joong Ki already at the dining table waiting for her. The food looks delicious, Ji Hyo who is hungry and tired due to her job like a little child immediately take her sit and scoop the rice on the bowl. Showing her thumb up sign to both of them, without a single word she continue eating her meal.

“Noona, I heard you work at KNPA now. What department Noona?” Joong Ki suddenly speaks in their meal. Swallow hard the rice in Ji Hyo then answer “Investigation Department”

“Really Noona, that mean you must know Detective Kim Jong Kook-shi” hearing the man name from his brother mouth make her chock, she then grabs and drinks the water on the table.

“The most arrogant yet annoy person in the world. But how come you know him Joong Ki-ah?”

“No Noona he is a nice person. He did helps Kwang Soo once” Joong Ki denied her sister words make Ji Hyo scorn her face

“You don’t know him well Joong Ki-ah”

“Ummpss, Joong Ki-ah have you got any work now? Need Noona to help you” didn’t want to talk more regarding the arrogant man, intentionally Ji Hyo change the topic.

“No Noona, it’s okay. Kwang Soo had promise to ask his workplace. By the way Noona, had you seen Ahjumma lately?”

“Ne, did Kwang Soo told you. I need to ask her regarding her missing son. But, as always she can’t remembered anything” she yearn a bit in answering the question but unfortunately she remembered back the bad memory between she and that arrogant guy. That is the day where accidently she meet him the first time.

 

********

 

Early the next morning, once Ji Hyo arrives at the office and about to go to café for her breakfast when suddenly Jong Kook come and approaches her. “Miss Crime, there a murder case happens in Anyang. Let’s go”

“But I just want to take my breakfast. Can we go after 10 minutes” Ji Hyo said try to pledge him to waits until she having her breakfast first.

“Did I care about that, that your problem. Faster, I will wait you at the lobby. We need to be there now”

“Cish… this arrogant Kookie Monster. Why in this world I will meet this person?”  Annoys with the man act Ji Hyo stands from her sit and then walks to the elevator. She can feel her stomach growl now and she holds her stomach hard to endure the pain. ‘Miss tummy please wait I’ll feet you later okay. It’s not my false, blame that arrogant guy. Just for now please be patient’ mumbling herself to easiness her feelings.

Arrives at the lobby, she can see Jong Kook already waits in front of the main door and there also the car that will brings them to Anyang. In her fast walks she go to him afraid he will lost his temper; he still her leader after all but Jong Kook just standing there didn’t budge to walk.

“Can we wait for another 5 minutes” he said in his sweet smile.

“What? Earlier I did ask you to wait until I’ve my breakfast but you won’t but now you ask me to wait. Hey you Mr. Arrogant what in your mind hah, are you really hate me that much?” piss off with his act Ji Hyo vomit all his anger but the man just keep silent and show his arrogant and did-I-care-about-that face make she like to explode. After their fight last time at the café she did thinks to endure her stubborn a bit and respect him since he is her leader but this man keeps challenge her.

“You!!!” in her temper and can’t say much she walks and enter the car; the more she be with the man the more she will lose her patient. After 5 minutes waiting, Jong Kook enters the car with a packet in his hand; while Ji Hyo still in her temper folds her hand didn’t care of his existence.

“Here for you. I don’t want to be accusing for murder of my subordinate dying from hunger later” he say and give the packet of food to Ji Hyo; make her in frown. Hesitate at first, she takes the packet and looks the content inside with a box of milk and kimbap. “Don’t worry I didn’t put any poison of wasabi inside” he said again make Ji Hyo to the guilty state.

"Do you want some?"

 

********

Anyang

 

Arrives at Anyang, both of them run to the murder location; the yellow stripe already there surrounding the crime scene. The stink can be smell in the air and the wind spring make the smell becomes worst. Wearing the gloves together they approach one police nearby.

“Sir, the victim had been found here by that man during his walk at this place” the police said and give his report and show them the founder of the crime scene. With the warm smile, Jong Kook walks to the founder to get his info.

“Inspector , please take note all the report” he said to her once he reach the man who is standing at the corner of the place with his dog.

“Sir, I’m Detective Kim Jong Kook-shi, can you tell us the detail of your finding?” showing his ID to the man he asks the man while Ji Hyo just remain silent taking the report. Taking his long breath, the man tells his story.

 “As always every Friday I will take a walk with my dog, Fluffy along this roadside from my home to the park there. In our walk today, suddenly Fluffy bark intensely and run to the bushes there and that how I found the corpse” he said and point the bushes which the crime scene happen.

“Thank you Sir and to you also Fluffy-ah. Uhhh good boy” feels thankful Jong Kook handshake the man and then he kneel himself to greet the dog with his happy face make Ji Hyo who is standing nearby amaze in seeing the different site of him. Somewhat she likes to see the happy and warm smile in him.

Her amaze to the man continue until she heard his word again beside her “Inspector, let’s continue our investigation”.

Wearing the face mask, together both of them walks to the bushes but the corpse give uneasiness in Ji Hyo. She not dare to see the corpse anymore, the larva are there supple around the stench corpse. She was about to leave the place when suddenly Jong Kook who already kneel in front the corpse calls her.

“Inspector Sung Im-shi, take the report here while I check the body”.

In wavering Ji Hyo walks and sit beside Jong Kook who already done his checking to the rot body. Unpleasantly she sees the Detective without budge doing his work, checking the entire body of the corpse who already lost his identity with the fat larva that continues eating the flesh. “With the condition of the corpse and the larva I think the dead already die 6 days before”

“There is shoot mark at his forehead” Jong Kook keep continue his word unnoticed the changes in her face while take note all the report. From one part to another he do his check up in his serious expression, didn’t care the smell, the rot body even the larva there but Ji Hyo can’t stand it anymore. Rashly she run from the place; vomit and cry at her place.

Jong Kook who sees her condition, feels sympathy to her. Take out the glove and the mask he then walks to her and pull her to his hug.

“Hey, next time if you can’t stand it just say. I’m sorry, don’t cry” he her back to give her comfort while Ji Hyo continue burst her cry on his broad chest. She can feel her heart throbbing right now and some sweet feelings approaching her. 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

p/s : Hope you like the update. 

Something sweet feeling spark in her heat? It is love? 

As promises some extra (next page) to get more clear picture of the character 

Please leave your comment for my improvement. ^^