Chapter 32

Fadeless Memory

“Ji Hyo-yah let’s just break up”

Repeatedly she read the message on her mobile screen. Unbelievably she slaps her own face or rubs her own eyes in thinking that she just dreaming. She also turn off and on her mobile even waiting for the other message from him saying he just joking… he just doing it since he bored and miss her but still the message just hanging there. No continuance message from him or even the call, so she tries to call him but only the voice of annoyingly-kind mailbox girl heard make she gasp into nerves.

Still holding the sweater in her hand, she exits her room and about to exit her house when suddenly she remembers her car at his house. So, she walks back but not to her room but to her brother instead. Without taking any permission, she just enter her brother’s room where she can see the young man busy on his personal computer doing what all the teenagers do nowadays, social networking. The headphone hangs on his ear hearing the music from the Idol and sometimes he sing along unaware his sister watches his did with a smirk in her face.

“Joong Ki-ah lends me your car” she said but never receive an attention from the man. Thus, she walks to him and pulls off the headphone and repeats her question.

“Where you want to go Noona, it’s already midnight?” in his gasp still shock with her sudden appearance Joong Ki ask a little curious in her act.

“Just give me the car key, not that I going to sell your car” persistently she begs.

“It’s already late Noona, dangerous for a woman to go outside alone”

“So, would you accompany me?” in provoke she ask since she knows the answer she would receive knowing her brother so much – never ever he would be accompany her even the world doom. When I with you, I can’t hook up with girl since they thought you my girlfriend… that the reason the brother gives and she never asks him anymore.

“Emm… I just get a taxi then” received no word from the brother she continue her words, still provoke getting his sympathy and walks away about to leave the room.

“I’ll accompany you…” her brother’s voice echoes in the room draws her in smile as she exit the room.

 

 

**********

 

“You can just drop me here Joong Ki-ah” she said when they reach the security post since as a part of security the car can’t enter the building.

“But, how would you come back Noona?”

“Don’t worry I will asks my friend to send me, or maybe I’ll sleep here” replies Ji Hyo give her brother a fake smile hiding her true emotion inside before she exit the car and wave goodbye to him. Didn’t care her brother she just runs enter the building leaving the poker Joong Ki alone.

Enter the password number, she enters the apartment and looks for her boyfriend where she found him inside his room busy with her belonging. The bag motionless laying beside the man, while he feeding the beg mouth with her cloth. The man just too focus in doing his job didn’t realize the woman stands at the room door in her stun face.

“What are you doing with my belonging?” her voice suddenly arise take down the silent atmosphere that happen before. Wipe the water in his face and take a long breath in controlling his true emotion he didn’t utter any word, keeps doing his works giving piss off to the woman. For her he seems like ignoring her or maybe provoking her to be angry so that he could chase her without facing any guilt.

But, his act really makes her into wreck and lost her temper as much as she unexpected the currents happen in her eyes. “I say what are you doing with my belonging? Why you packing it? Why are you just silent, are you deaf or dumb!?”  Without she expects the curse just spills from but she didn’t regret as the fuming caught her.

“I just helping you or did you want to packs yourself. It’s good since I also feels tired already” the man replies before stand from his side and walks to the dressing table takes her belonging there.

“Oppa, are you really wanted to chase me out… You really want to break up with me?” her angry tone becomes slow with a little sob. He knows she crying but still the man keeps doing his job in his silent giving her the answer through his act.

“Is that because of Appa? Oppa, can you forgive him, he also had admit his mistake”

“Jagiya, please…please…for our sake. Forgive him…”

“Love… how could you this to me? You know I can’t leave without you…”

“My handsome boyfriend…please…please…don’t leave me…”

In sob she keeps talks and coax but the man still remain soundless packing her things. Almost all her belonging he had pack except her under garment and used cloth. He lets her be in her own conclusion as his intention to avoid talking about it, his decision already fixed and unchangeable no matter how hard she pledges him.

“It’s already late, you just sleep here tonight. Some of your things I didn’t pack it yet…” he said while grab the pillow on the bed and walks to the living room. “I’m sorry Ji Hyo-yah” before exit the room he said, giving his sorry not because his decision but more into his avoiding of explanation regarding the decision… and also he can’t accompany her for the last time.

As soon as he disappear, she run to the bed and unleash all her sob there give up with his decision although she totally broken to accept the fact. However, without she knows the man at the living room also same like her, sobbing and wailing saying his sorry word unbelief what he had done to her.

 

*******

 

Early the next morning, she wakes up in hope all that happen just a nightmare but feels the empty space beside and see the packed bag in front the cupboard realize her it’s a reality. He really did want to chase her and break up. Without warning the tears flows again, giving more bruises to her bloated eyes. The clock strikes 7 in the morning, although feels lazy she walks to the bathroom taking her bath. , she can see the swollen in her eyes during her wash, but even how hard she tries to control the tears keep drops together with the splash of the shower.

Together with her luggage, she enters the living room where she found he is busy at the kitchen preparing a meal. The smell of the meal fond her and she can imagine the taste of his cook, although he not a good cooker but his meal still taste nice. However with their current condition, she wonders when she will taste his cooks again as much she recalls the last time she taste his meal. A tear drop again and ruthlessly she leaves the place.

“Ji Hyo-yah let’s take breakfast first” she hears his word once she move her body but never she believe in it… she thinks it just her delusional. But, the smell of the coffee arose in the air understand her as she knows his dislike towards the beverage. “Ji Hyo-yah let’s eat” she hear his voice again but being stubborn she reluctant and that how she feels stupid in herself - although his mind refuse but her feet walks toward the table.

The boyfriend or the ex-boyfriend… she didn’t know how to describe him now. The man still wearing his last night outfit sit in front her taking his breakfast. No words come from him only the sound of his mouth chew the foods like give music to her ear buds. In her mind she wants to ask him but looking to his serious face reluctant her, thus she also silently taking her meal although she feels hard to swallow the food. His weird act this morning strange her and the expectation for him to change his mind start in her thinking.

“Jagiya, thank you for the meal” she said while hugging the stand him at the sink busy with the dish. Their sudden contact surprises him a bit which makes him stop his works and feels the warmest of her from his back. But it only soon, in quicken he hold to her hands on his waist asking to be unleash.

“Ji Hyo-yah, stop it. I not your boyfriend anymore”

His word like a bomber shock her and the emotion of sad, surprise and anger jumble up in herself. Unknown her true emotion, suddenly she explode vomit all the words in her mind. “So, why did you behave so nice to me? Why did you cook for me if you hate me?”

“I never said that I hate you”

“So if you didn’t hate me means you like me don’t you? Thus, why need for us to breakup?”

“Ah…it’s complicated and you won’t understand”

“How can I understand if you didn’t tell me? Is that because of Appa? For good sake why don’t you just forgive him?” she keeps asking leaves him into speechless.

“Why you just silent, reply me pabo”

“Since I’m stupid, why you still want to be with me?”

Instead of reply he questioning her, give her into tears as she getting closed and hug him. “Because I’m also a pabo”

He can feels the wet in his shirt, in holding his own emotion he move his hand about to return the hug but his hand just hanging at the air in his hesitation. Get up his mind his hand move to her shoulder and push her away.

“Ji Hyo-yah, this not right thing to do. Just accept the fact we are not meant together, I’m not suit to be with you. Just forget me”

His final word understand her that their relationship already end and can’t be tide anymore although how hard she try. Respect to his decision, she just nods her head surrender in silent.

“Lets me send you to the car” he said while held her hand and brings her luggage.

“It’s okay Oppa, don’t need to send me” she said and grabs the luggage in his hand. So, he just sends her to the main door instead.

“Oppa before I leave can I hug and kiss you for the last time?”

Received a nod from him, in her sweetest faking smile she walks closed to him, embrace him tightly and give a slightly kiss to his lip. “Goodbye Oppa” she said after the kiss and rashly exit the apartment leave her love, heart and soul behind. The tears flow again in her walk and never has she looked behind anymore.

The man inside the apartment, kneel himself in front the door as soon as the door closed. The tears that he keeps hold like a stream drop from his eyes unleash all the emotion in him. Repeatedly he calls her name and pledging his sorry… the sorry that bound in his throat. Since he on leave today, still with the tears he walks to his bedroom and burst his sadness like a baby at his bed. He holds the pillow that she used and smells her scent there. Soon feel tired since he didn’t sleep last night, slowly his eyes shut down together with the melancholy in his heart.

 

*******

 

Ji Hyo in her drive to the office grabs to her mobile and dials her father phone number. Didn’t want to worry the father, she try hard to holds her emotion and tear in her talk.

“Appa, I’ll transfer back to Ilsan but I need your help to revealed them regarding my disguise”

 

 

p/s : To yoona-foreverlovely thanks for the vote. Really appreciate it.