Chapter 17

Fadeless Memory

'It is better to go for someone who loves you, rather that someone who you love'

The quote that keep lingering in Ji Hyo mind when she arrives at the beach together with her best friend Kang Gary. It is also the quote that Gary had told her yesterday during their drink at the bar after them loitering around the city of Ilsan.

**Flashback**

On the Friday evening with the shade on her Ji Hyo drove alone to Ilsan, once arrived she went to the beach to get her peaceful there. Saw and smelt the aroma from the beach really can give her peace as the peace of the wave that without fails slapped the seaside. She walked herself at the seashore; sat there and take out the shade. The puffy eyes can be seen in here due to her past cry. Yesterday all day long, she keep cried making her father worried of her and now after strengthen herself she went to here to get her calm. Grab the mobile inside her pocket jeans she text to Gary in told him her whereabouts as she already told him regarding her plan to go to Ilsan.

Kang Gary, I already arrived. I’m now at beach.

After 25 minutes, Gary with his uniform arrived and straightly goes to her. Saw him with his uniform Ji Hyo knows the man just came back from his work and in immediate came to her; she feels thankful for it. She knows Gary had crush to her and he does told her feelings to her once. Think about her rejection to him, sympathy and apologize comes to her. Now, she also faced the same situation, she knows how he felt once she rejected him before.

“Ji Hyo-yah what had happen to you?” Gary ask when he can see the puffy eyes she had. To see her crying hurt him too.

“It’s nothing. Oppa can you accompany me today to have fun?”

“Sure, but I need to change my cloth first. We drop by to my home first okay?”

At Gary home Ji Hyo just waited him at her car; she didn’t dare to enter his house. Not that she not believe in Gary but she thinks it is not appropriate to be done even though they are a good friend. Inside her car looks at the steering, suddenly a tear drop from her eyes. This is the steering that he had once use it, the sit that she sat also where he had once sit and this is the car that he had once drive. She remembers well their incident before and slowly she takes out her phone and opened the gallery where his picture that she secretly captured was there. She looked at his picture – the picture of him in his uniform that he only wear on Monday, the picture of him in his casual outfit, the picture of him while taking his tea, walking, talking or even laughing. “Oppa, I miss you” a tear flowed and dropped at the screen of her mobile. She keeps cried and didn’t budge to wipe her tears until the knock on her window.

“Ji Hyo-yah lets go, we go with your car. Lets me drive” Gary said once she pushed down the window of the car.

“No Gary Oppa, lets me drive myself. My treat for accompany me today” in shake Ji Hyo replied even though she lie a bit regarding her excuses. She wanted to keep drive to busy herself from think of him, she wanted to drive to feels his existence by the steering that he had once grab and use and the chair that he had sit. Actually after the incident of her car broke down she never allowed anybody to used her car even her brother; Joong Ki. Yes maybe it sound ridiculous and childish but she wants to feel him there.

Both her and Gary loitered around from one shop to another; they didn’t buy anything just window shopping and had their fun time there like a teenagers in their date. She knows even though it can’t completely heal her but at least it can give her some happiness.

“Gary Oppa, its Friday night. Let’s go to the club” she request shock Gary since it is bizarre for her. As far he knows since he known her 6 years before not ever once he heard she goes to the club. ‘What had happen to you Ji Hyo-yah?’ Gary knows something is not right with her tonight, he can see the puffy in her eyes and he also can sense the gloomy in her face but he don’t budge to ask her again. For him it’s up to her to share her problem with him or to keeps herself, he won’t ask much afraid that it can make she feels more sorrow even though he is dying to know. To see her laugh and smile now is relieve to him.

Take the sit at one empty table in the club, they just drink and watch the teenagers who had their happy time danced at the floor. Sometime at the hidden corner of the building they can saw the couple without ashamed kissing to each other, take out their lust. But it can easiness Gary feelings in seeing Ji Hyo kept drinking the beer. From one glass to another she drank and she didn’t had a sign to stop made him grab to her hand once she wanted to take her third glass. “Ji Hyo-yah stop it, why with you?”

“Oppa why to love someone so hurt… Oppa now I know how your feelings when I rejected you. I’m sorry Oppa” she said, the tear that she kept from herself suddenly flow.

“Ji Hyo-yah don’t be like this. Keep strengthen yourself if he rejected you there others who is love you”

“No Oppa, only him had capture my heart. No one can replace him now, I can’t” in her cried she shakes her head a bit when she can see Jong Kook face in her mind.

“ Ji Hyo-yah it is better to go for someone who loves you, rather that someone who you love. I always there for you Ji Hyo-yah” Gary rebuked back which made her in silent. Didn’t want to say much and still with her sober mind Ji Hyo grabbed her handbag and together both of them exit the club.

“Gary Oppa, I will think about it. Sorry but I need to be alone now” she said once they arrived at her car leave Gary to no option rather than to leave her and take a taxi nearest to his home. Inside her car and even at her hotel room Ji Hyo kept thinks his word that leads her to a sleepless night.

**end of flashback**

 

Now, she sitting alone at the beach watching Gary throwing pebble to the sea, from a far also she can hear the sound of the kids happily laughing having their fun time together. In her mind she keeps thinking the words of Gary yesterday. ‘Should I forget him and be with Gary Oppa instead and try to build my love? Or should I give him time like he request but for how long I need to wait? A year, two or forever? Can I strength myself when together with him? What is good about him compared to Gary Oppa?  Why I can love him but not Gary Oppa?’ the questions keep flows in her mind since last night, but still she can’t get her answer.

In thinking her judgment she takes her mobile inside her pocket that she had turn to silent mode since she at Ilsan. Astonish herself when she see the notification from her phone, she shed tears in her smile. “This is the answer” she said and calls Kang Gary to sit beside her.

“Gary Oppa, regarding your confession before I think I like to try it…”