Chapter 11

Fadeless Memory

Almost 2 a.m Ji Hyo wakes up from her sleep when she hears a weird sound that disturbs her from her dreamland. She feels weird when seeing one jacket wrap around her. Blank a bit when seeing the different surrounding around her, she turns her head to search the sources of the sound. Remember well the incident happen to her today, she stare to Jong Kook who is mumbling in his sleep “Omma…Omma don’t leave”. A bead of sweat can be seen on his forehead.

Feeling sympathy to him didn’t know why instead of wake up him Ji Hyo get nearest him and give a hug after wrap him with his jacket. In the hug she pats a bit his arm to comfort him like what always done by a mother to her child. ‘What really happen to you?’.

Might be he feels calm and comfortable, slowly Jong Kook stop from his mumbling. Seeing that Ji Hyo lets go her hug but still sticking closed to him.  She then wipe his forehead with her hand to get rid the sweat while her eyes keep staring the good looking face he has. Her eyes drop from his forehead, to his eyes, to his perfect nose until to his lip. She gulps a bit in seeing the thin pinkish lip he have while imagine how good the taste be. Like been curse by cupid with her blank mind, Ji Hyo then moves her finger and touch his lip; its feel moisture and tender until slowly she move her face getting closed to him.

Slowly her face getting close to him until she can feels the blow of warm air from his breath on her face. It’s getting closed until her lip almost touches his when suddenly he move his body make her realize in her act. Feeling stupid and blush, rashly Ji Hyo exited his car and run intensely to her house. Still she can feel the redness in her face once she enter her room and lay on her bed. She tries to sleep but his face keep picture in her head; she move her body from east to west to forget him but alas until she bring his face into her dreamland.

 

 As early of 6.00 a.m in the next morning, Ji Hyo wakes up from her sleep. From the window of her room she glances outside and she smile warmly when she can see his car are still there. In her cheerful she walks to the kitchen; open the refrigerator while searching the ingredients. Crack 2 eggs into a glass mixing bowl, she then beat the egg until they turn into a pale yellow color before she add the milk, salt and white pepper as a season taste. Mix well the ingredient and whisk the egg; she then heats a nonstick pan over a medium-low heat and melts the butter into it. Once the butter in the pan hot enough she pour the egg into it until the eggs turn into bright yellow color; then carefully she add the mushroom, diced onion and ham at the centre of the egg before she equally fold the egg. Then she flips the entire omelet in making sure all the ingredients and egg are well cooks before gently she transfer the finish omelet into the plate. She humming a bit in her cooks and she repeat the process until she got a nice four well cooked omelet.

 “One for me, one for Appa, one for Joong Ki and one for Kookie Oppa” in blush she giggles a bit in ‘Oppa’ word.

Inside her room grab a sweater inside her wardrobe; looking and neat herself at the mirror she walks back to the kitchen. With a long sigh to ease her heartbeat she lift a tray with the omelet and hot chocolate, she then walks to the main door. In her warm smile she wear her sandal and pull the door; but her smile despair once she exit the house. The car no longer in fronts her house; he already left.  In pain she enters back the house and continues her walks to her kitchen with the sorrow in her heart.

“Why I become like this, I didn’t love him right?” the question that leave with no answer in her heart.

 

********

 

Jong Kook enters his apartment after his 30 minutes drive from Ji Hyo house. His body feels stitch a bit and sleepy still has in him. Having a sleep at the car can’t really remove his tiredness even he feels hurt at his back. Once enter his room, he lays himself at his kig size bed to get some sleep but his mind keeps thinking of something. Lie himself on his bed while his eyes looking straight to the ceiling his mind keeps reminiscence the dream he had before.

 In his dream he had meet his mother and he yell in pain towards her but his mother just remain silent before slowly walks leaving him. He tries to run and catch her but like being glued he can’t move his leg instead he kneel down. He tried so hard to move until he can sense sweat on his body while continually calls his mother; he feels scared. But suddenly from nowhere one woman like an angle come and hugs him until he feels calm. In his blank and curious face he roses his head to looks the angel who wearing a brightly white dress; but he can’t see her face well. The light from her body dazzled his eyes but still he can see the sweet smile in her face.

“Who are you my angle?” slowly he closed his eyes; feels tired with the unanswered question in his mind.

 

Since today is Sunday and a rest day, Jong Kook awake from his sleeps at 10.00 a.m. After wash up and take his bath, feel grumpy in his stomach he walks to the kitchen to have his late breakfast. Having a cereal with milk as his breakfast, he then walks to his car and drive himself to the nearest gym.

There are a lots of people inside the gym, put down his belonging inside the locker he then take a light warm up. As he was about to walks to the nearest treadmill he noticed two friends at the weightlifting who keep arguing among themselves. “It’s not like that” one of the men said while the other keeps accusing his movement is right. Smile a bit in seeing the two; he then walks to them when he can see the bizarre in the movement. “Sir, if you do like that it will hurt your body”

“Detective Kim?!” the two friends synchronize shout when seeing him.

 

******

 

After their exercise the three of them walks to the nearest restaurant to have their lunch together. “Detective Kim, just order what you want. My treat” Kwang Soo said while his eyes keep looking at the menu inside the restaurant.

“It’s okay. Anyway you can just call me Jong Kook hyung” in humble he reply back. Actually for him he more gladly people to call him by his name rather than the titles he has in his work; for him that calls is only in his work.

“Jong Kook Hyung, please let me treat you today. I owe you so much” Kwang Soo keeps begging since he feels thankful for Jong Kook that had helps him today and before. Can’t say much, Jong Kook just nod his head. “But Jong Kook Hyung what had happen before? Why the vendor cancel his report”

Smile a bit while recall the incident Jong Kook tells his stories “During that time, after I hear your story and you refuse my proposal with our system I searched your report. Then with the information I go to the vendor’s shop”

**Flashback**

As Jong Kook arrived at the shop, he saw the vendor had been hardly bits by one of the thug. With the brave in him, he steps “Ehem, may I help you”. Seeing his arrival and since Jong Kook just wear a casual outfit, one of the thug without hesitate went towards him with the stick in his hand and tried to hit him.

With the taekwondo and judo knowledge in him, Jong Kook dodged and grabbed the thug’s hand and punched hard on his stomach make the stick fall from the thug’s hand. The thugs kneeled down to the ground while holds his stomach, his breath sound hard. Seeing that, the others thug ran towards him tried to punched Jong Kook at his face, but the Detective with his skill just moved his head a bit to dodge it before he grabbed the thug’s hand and pulled it to his back. With his other hand he hit hard the thug neck making him unconscious. Looking his team mate condition, the leader of the thugs pulled out the pistol from his jacket and barely shoots towards Jong Kook.

The experience as the policeman for almost 10 years make Jong Kook easily escaped from the shoot.  He rolled himself to escape the continuance shoot by the leader and hided himself behind the table. Even though he had the weapon in himself, he didn’t want to use it unless needed. In his hide suddenly he can heard the man voice in front of him “Hahaha where you want to hide”.

In his fidget Jong Kook raised his head where he can see the man already stand in front of him while hold the pistol on his head. Calmly Jong Kook stands from his hide and chuckled a bit “You can’t kill me”.  Anger in saw the Detective calm and brave act, the leader with his temper pressed the lever of the pistol straightly towards to Jong Kook’s chest.

**End of flashback**

 

“Then what happen?” excitedly Joong Ki ask.

“As my prediction there are no bullet left inside the pistol since all six had been used by the leader thugs. With that, the leader feels shock and afraid and then with my strength I punch him hard at his face make him knock down to the ground. Then I show him my ID to the leader make the thugs afraid and kneels to be released. Since from beginning it’s not my intention to caught them, I release them with the condition they will not brings any ruckus to the market again while towards the vendor I ask him to cancel his report to you since I already help him”

“Woah Jong Kook Hyung, you must really good in martial art. That why you being known as the best Detective in KNPA” Kwang Soo praise him while shows his thumb up. Jong Kook in humble just smile a bit reply him.

“Oh Jong Kook Hyung, my sister also works at KNPA in Investigation Department, same like you right?” Joong Ki blunt suddenly in their meal. “Yes it’s my department. What her name?”

“Song Ji Hyo, you know her right?” Joong Ki said with the smile in himself but Jong Kook crinkles his forehead try to remember the entire name in his department. “I think no such person there in my department”

“Omo how come, I had asked her once about you and she know you Hyung” in curious Joong Ki reply but only the shake he received from the Detective.

 “Never mind, I have her picture” Joong Ki said again while take out his mobile phone. 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi dear all my beloved readers, gladly I managed to get my strength back and hope you all like with the update. 
Sorry to make you all waiting  -_- ''
I also would like to express my highly gratitude to all of you - to read, subscribe, comments and to Hafz70 thanks for the upvote. I really much appreciate it and guys you really have give me some strength to keep writing. Gomawo!! 

 

As always hope you can leave some note for me, just anything - I like to read your words too. ^^
 

p/s : To my sister Spartacelover best of luck in your exam. Be the best, beat the rest!!!