Chapter 28

Fadeless Memory

Still in her cry lose hope she walks to the bedroom packing her luggage. It’s just a while she been here even she didn’t have chance to do her laundry. Open up another door of wardrobe she takes his shirt and unleash her cry towards the cloth...make the garment wet with her own tears.  Soon, she folds the shirt and put it inside her luggage want to bring it along.

Finish up packing feels tired she rest herself at the bed and laying there, didn’t bother to take her shower – her habit that he hate it a lot. "Love, don’t lie at the bed with your sweat, take a bath first"…she remember well his nags but in order to the naughty her always done it. Make the man rebuke and sometimes jokingly want to throw her to bathroom, her and they having a bath together or by tickle around her body make the woman surrender with his attempt. A tear that is stop before flows again as soon as she brings his pillow to her face… as she can feel his existence via his smelt at the cushion; the smelt that already become her addiction. “Oppa…Jagiya mianhae” repeatedly the words loud out from as she tightly holds the pillow to her chest in imagine of him in her embrace. Soon, due her tiredness she falls asleep.

 

*****

 

Jong Kook in his runs stop himself at the roadside near his apartment – the roadside that he always done his jogs from his apartment to the park nearby. His cheek still feels pain from the sudden slap but he never blames the person who made it instead himself. He regrets to vomit the words to her as he know how hurt she would be but he just can’t control himself…when his anger come he know he always lost although how much he try to endure it. Didn’t bother the cars along the road, he throw his sadness there not because of the pain from his cheeks but more to his heart as he reminiscence their memory here – this is the place where he meet her the first time. In his mind he wants to run to her but his ego evade him even though long enough he has forgive her.

Soon the sky become dark as the night approaching but it becomes darker as the rain inflow. He could feels the chill due to the cold wind and he know in anytime the ground will wet but he continue his walks to the park nearby and sit at one of the bench there. From afar he can heard the sound of thunder which make he coat his ear with his hand due to his phobia but he still numbly sit there as much as he try to endure the afraid in his. "Oppa…you must be strong. Remember I won’t leave you" like a remedy her words become his therapy to forget the thunder curse he has and to gain his strength. He didn’t want her to worry him anymore, as a man he the one who should be protector not her and he knows how tired she must be in taking care of him. Despite of her lie deep inside his heart he still has trust in her and he believe she will keeps her words, but their current tragedy due to his mistake make he wave a little. “No…no…she wouldn’t leave me” he shakes his head in denial each time the bad mind appear and try to heal himself although a shade of tears appear again in his eyes. Didn’t bunch to wipes the tear on his face soon his entire build feels wet with the water that falls from the sky – and he just silently sit there drench with the water and his own tears.

 

******

 

Feel cold due to the strong wind she wakes up and she can see the dark outside. Sometimes she also heard the sound of thunder and soon she remembers her man and her vow to him. Worried come in her but she more feels stupid with her own mistake – how come she easily give up with their love. What ever happen or even he throw her she must be strong, she must not fade away and must gain back his trust and forgiveness. In a split second, she grabs the luggage and empties her belonging inside before she takes her car key in searching him. As soon she the key into the hole the rain starts to pour.

In the slow speed she drives through her instinct while her head move around to find the familiar form. She know he must be somewhere nearby as he didn’t bring along his car key. The rain slowly become hard blurs her sight and make her more worried in thinking the man who is nowhere could be found. Luckily there a little vehicle at the road or else she could had been honk by the driver. She continues her drive until arrived at the familiar place make her recalls their first meeting two month before and she wonder how fast their relationship be – coincidently they meet here, from hater they develop each other feeling become friend and lover. Maybe it is not coincident and love comes without expected – might be they are mean to each other but… their journey are still long and anything can happen in their future.

She keeps drive along the road until reach to one park. Stop a while to scans the surrounding, her foot step back the accelerator pedal when she can’t sense anyone around but her heart feels uneasy. Following her instinct she grabs the umbrella and walks around the area in wishes the man could be there somewhere. She walks and walks; search and search while calling his name but the person she looking to still unfound. Her bottom pants already soak with water but she keep walks until she reach the end of the park and the familiar figure that she hunt for already there in front her eyes – pitifully sitting alone at the bench. “Jong Kook Oppa….”

 

 

Hear his name being called, in question the man turns his head and it shock him once he see the girl. In blank he raises himself while the girl already runs to him with her cheerful smile abandon the umbrella that she holds. In blinking eyes his body falls into her tight embrace and slowly returning back his arm wraps around her body.

“Oppa… I’m sorry” she said in her sob.

“No Ji Hyo-yah, I’m the one who is false. Mianhe”

“What you said Oppa?” she ask back unbelief what she had heard.

“I’m the one who is false. Mianhe…”

“No Oppa, no…the word before that. Can you repeat back?”

“Ji Hyo-yah” Try to recalls his memory, he blurt out bring the smile and shock to the woman.

“Oppa….”

“Why Ji Hyo-yah, didn’t your name Song Ji Hyo?” he asks and received a nod by her.

Scoop her face and wipe her tears in his smiling he continue his word. “Ji Hyo-yah no matter who are you, either Song Ji Hyo, Cheon Sung Im, Miss Crime or Angle for me you is the one that had captured my heart... I’m sorry for my foolishness that makes you hurt…” he pauses a bit and continues “Hi Song Ji Hyo…my name Kim Jong Kook, can I be your boyfriend?”

In giggle and smile she reply “Nope I want to be your girlfriend”

Soon in each other embrace, their eyes meet and slowly their face become closer. Their lips clashes intimate in their own way and the rain be the witness of two souls who sought for each other.

 

******

 

“Achooo…” repeatedly he sneeze as the running nose got in him. His body feels shiver, his head feels dizzy and his faces look pale and redness. After taking his bath at the other bathroom near the kitchen he walks to the room getting change where he can hear his woman humming happily inside the bathroom. Giving a little privacy for her although he knows she already has her change inside; he exits the room and walks to the kitchen. Take a parachetamol inside the cabinet he gulp hard the pills with the help of a glass of water and wear himself an apron getting prepare to cooks their meal.

Not soon after the girl walks enter the kitchen and hug him from behind; the habit that she like to do nowadays. But in immediate she unleashes the hug and walks beside him once she can sense the burning from his body. “Oppa are you sick?” she ask while place her palm to his forehead.

“No I just got flu. Don’t worry I already take pills, it will be okay soon” he reply while try hard to endure the pain in his head; he didn’t wants her to get worried. “Just rest yourself, you must be tired right?”   

Know he is lying as she can sense the shivering at his hand, she grabs his hand afraid he might gets bleed by the knife that he hold. But acknowledge the stubborn in him being pretended in her slow voice she said “Jagiya, I miss you and I think I can’t sleep without you. Please accompany me a while?” Didn’t care his reply, she lift the apron on him, drags him to the bedroom lying themselves at the mattress while she intentionally cuddle him and place herself at his broad chest.

“Jagiya, I feel so happy tonight. You know why?” she said suddenly.

“I don’t know”

“Oppa… ask me why and then I will tell you”

“Okay…okay… why?”

“Hehehe… because you call my name. Oppa can you call me once more”

“Emm… Miss Crime” he said in tease.

“Oppa... not that” in cuteness she rebuke while slow hit his chest.

“Hahaha… Ji Hyo-yah”

“Jagiya…Love because I’m so happy, I wants to sing a song to you”

And then she starts to sings and humming her song being a lullaby to the sick man which soon he falls asleep in her embrace. In immediate she drops herself from the bed and goes to the bathroom. With the wet towel she walks back to her man, give a slightly kiss on his forehead before she place the towel on his head. Then, she walk off to the kitchen getting prepare for their meal.

 

After an hour cook, she walks back to the room with the meal on her hand.

“Oppa, wake up. You need to take your meal”

Being disturb the man wake up but he didn’t have appetite to eat and still feels sleepy. In his close eyes he reply “I don’t wants to eat”

“Jagiya, love you must eat to gain your strength. Plus you needs to take your medicine” like a mother try to persuade her stubborn child she said in coax him but still her big baby didn’t sway with his stubbornness. Receive unresponsive reply from him, in immediate she tickle his whole body make the man cry out laugh and wake up. Feeds porridge to him and give him a medicine, she asks him to sleep back after change the towel on his forehead. Then she walks back to the kitchen taking her meal, do some clean up before she return to the room takes her rest. Place her palm at his forehead to check his temperature; she bid a smile as she can feel the heat becoming low.

Give a slightly kiss to his lip she lie down and rest her head at the pillow. Turns her body facing her man beside she place her hand at his waist give a side hug. “Jagiya, thank you for giving me a chance to love you more; you’re a precious gift that I ever have. Saranghae…” Switch off the light at the room; soon she falls asleep with the contented feelings in her heart. 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

p/s : to cutiekookie and Tuffygarcia thanks for the upvote ^^