Chapter 13

Fadeless Memory

With the groceries in his hand, Jong Kook walks to his apartment when the crimson can be seen in the sky. Slowly the sun will say his goodbye and the night will be followed after. Key in the password in the security key, he enters his home once the green light appears and straightly goes to the kitchen. Tidy up the groceries to its corrected place, lazily then he continues to the living room and lie himself at the crouch. Today, he feels so happy and he didn’t know how lucky he had been, meeting his brother even he can see his missing mother. Even though he miss a chance to meet her, he feels relieve that he know his mother still alive. He miss her a lot and he feels thankful to her, his brother and his death father who openly accepted and raise him into their family.

People always said life of children is a bed of roses, there is hardly any responsibility or commitment to worry about and live will be full of laughter but it’s never happen in Jong Kook live. Yes, he did have feels the happiness for a while, but it does all disappear once his father’s business collapsed as his business partner stab him from behind. His father who can’t accept the failure, change from a lovely father to a drunken and irascible person. Since that day his father will go home in drunken and hot tempered which he express all his anger to his mother and him; make them black and blue all over after a terrible beating by his father. His miserable world continue until one day his mother kills his father before she ended her own life and leave 5 years old Jong Kook alone.

As after a storm comes a calm, there goes in Jong Kook live. Luckily his father’s business partner realized his bad deed and in open arm takes and raises Jong Kook into their family as to pay for his guiltiness. “Jong Kook-ah from now I’m your Appa, this is Omma and that your Hyung” still Jong Kook remember the first words from his adopted father, Lee Young Jin. Since that day, Jong Kook lives happily with his adopted family and everyday is like sunshine in Jong Kook’s life until the tragedy happens 7 years after. Like a history repeat itself, his adopted father been killed while his adopted mother went missing; there also his adopted brother, Lee Seong JIn and Jong Kook’s live alone at the orphanage.  While there is a life, there is hope and Jong Kook never loses hope to meets his adopted family again. Eventually, might be his lucky day he meets his missing brother and mother. He feels thankful to God.

Suddenly his mobile vibrate and lazily he grab the phone from inside his pocket jeans and reads the message he got. “Call me back – I’m out of credit”

“What up, Hyung?” Jong Kook said once his brother pick up the phone.

“My wallet lost, can you search it in your car. Might be it would be there” the sound of anxious can be really heard in his voice.

Hang up the mobile, Jong Kook then grab his car key before he walks towards the parking lot at the basement level. With the light of the car he searches for the wallet but it nowhere to be found. Immediately he calls his brother “Hyung, it’s not in here? When did the last time the wallet be with you?”

“I don’t know Jong Kook-ah, I think when we go to Sung Im-shi house the wallet still with me. I only realize it lost at the subway when I want to pay for a ticket but luckily my phone credit is enough for me to make the payment. Jong Kook-ah can you ask her might be it lose there when I go to toilet maybe”

“But Hyung, I didn’t have her number”

“Ish, what a boyfriend you are, luckily this brother in law have it, I will text you her number later” insinuation Seong Jin reply while glance to his wallet on the side table. In his laughs he text Sung Im’s number to his innocent brother.

 

********

 

Ji Hyo just enters his room from her dinner when he noticed a light from his mobile. In curious she takes her mobile and read the notification on the screen ’15 miss called from Kookie Monster’. “Why he calls me?” in curious still some smile appear in her face while hesitate to push the green button in return his call.


“Omo” her mobile ring again surprise her. Take a light breath to ease her feelings she pick up the phone and his voice appear in the line. “Miss Crime, sorry to disturb you. Did Seong Jin hyung’s wallet left anywhere at your home” a worried can be heard in his sound. “I think I didn’t see it. Hold on I try to search it”

After search her entire house, still Ji Hyo can’t find the missing wallet. With the mobile in her hand, she dials Seong Jin number. “Seong Jin-shi, where did you think you left the wallet?”

“I don’t know Sung Im-shi, might be inside the toilet” Seong Jin reply while try to hold his laugh even though he did feels pity to Ji Hyo but apparently he did this for them.

“I’ve search it there even outside the house, still I can’t found it” worried already come in her.

“It’s okay Sung Im-shi, thank you for your help. Oh ya can you tell Jong Kook since I’m out of credit even to text him” he said and ended the calls.

She then walks back to her room and lie herself at her bed. Jong Kook contact already appear on her screen but she feels hesitate to calls him, she feels shy; her heart feels throbbing – so she text him instead with LINE application.

 

D.S Kim, I already search but his wallet not in here. I already told him, just to inform you then.

Not soon after, her mobile whistle again. One notification appears on the screen.

Really. Sigh… I hope it not pickpocket. If I know I should send him directly to his home instead -_-“

You didn’t send him to his house as you had said before? Why?

He insists to send him to nearest station only. If I know… :(

Don’t worry D.S Kim, it’s not your fault. I know Seong Jin-shi also not blame you. ^^

Emm… but I still feel bad. We just meet and this happen to him -_-“. By the way can you not call me D.S Kim, it’s sound formal to me. We are not in office now.

You just meet, eh didn’t he is your brother? So what you want me to call you?

Yeah he is my brother, my missing adopted brother. We didn’t meet for almost 18 years. Call me Jong Kook-shi or Jong Kook oppa instead ^.~

OIC. Jong Kook Oppa? Hahaha I won’t, I will call you Kookie Monster :P~

Cish! This Miss Crime Scene.  -_-#

Hahahaha. By the way Kookie Monster I want to say sorry for anything I’ve done to and thanks for everything. From the day we meet until today, can you forgive me? m(_ _)m

Hehehe I won’t. Call me Jong Kook-shi first then I will forgive you ;p~

Ok..ok… Kookie Oppa can you forgive me????? >ㅁ<

Ji Hyo giggles a bit when typing the word. “Kookie Oppa” she said the words in blush.

 

“Kookie Oppa?”. Jong Kook feels shocks when reads the word but he likes it. Some smile appears in him. Actually for him he already forgive her long enough, he just want to but he really mean in his says regarding her way in calls him. D.S Kim is really formal for him that why he asks her to call him with his name instead, even though he don’t mind about she calls him Kookie Monster. He already can accept it and somewhat he likes it, but he never thought she will call him Oppa  even though deep in his heart he wants her to call him like that. He feels blush until no words come to his head.

Why silent suddenly. Don’t say you blush Kookie Monster? :P~

Blush..uhhh never. I know you just say it. Okay for your cuteness there I forgive you. I also want to say sorry if I done any wrong. Miss Crime, can we be friend?

Friend? What it is, any type of cookie? Hehehe…. Sure why not XD

And their messaging continues from one topic to another until they feel sleepy and both of them sleep with the sweetest feelings in their heart.

 

********

 

The next morning at her work desk, Ji Hyo looks serious in her works in searching the Aunt’s missing son. From one profile to another she search but she still can’t found it. ‘Lee Jee Hae. Father name: Lee Kwang Hee. Nope’.  She so into her works until she can’t hear Jong Kook calls her for their training. “Miss Crime, what are you doing? Let’s go” his appearance at her work desk surprise her without her notice the man that she search for is already in front of her – he is Kim Jong Kook. 

 

p/s : To kimchiemong & Tenjo-Night thank you for the upvote 

LINE application... I love it... ^^