Chapter 27

Fadeless Memory

“What?! You said your real name is Song Ji Hyo!” unbelief he asks while scans her Identity Card at his hand that she shows before. “So, all this time I never even know my girlfriend real name and you cheating me!” he continues his anger and throws the card to her. His face has turns to burning red as he tries to hold his temper towards the woman.  Didn’t bother about the other news that she told before, this truth really broke his heart.

“Mianhe Oppa, mianhe. It’s Appa, he asks me too and I also don’t know why I need to disguise” she pledge again her man try to explain but no to avail…the man still like before, even he didn’t dare to looks at her and move his hand when she try to holds it. The cry already flows in her eyes. She never expects his reaction would be this big; she thought if she explains he will understand. Never give up, she move closer and hug him while say her sorry word afraid he might say something that she dislike.

The broken heart man just stays still in his sit; didn’t bother either what she done to him or her apologize. He still unbelief the person that he really loves would cheat him like this. ‘Love’ thinking about that word make him more shattered. “Why you just tell me now? So, did you also pretended in loving me?” he asks out in blue make the woman beside him unleash the hug being surprise. Actually never ever in his heart doubt her love to him even once, but it’s pop out when he know her lie.

“Jagiya, how could I tell you before with your health? For sure I love you, because I love you that why I tell you now since there shouldn’t be any secret between us right?  Looks because I love you I even didn’t bother to live with you and taking care of you”. Without thinking much she tries to explain - didn’t know her words become trap and make the situation worsen; make her regret and wish the time can be return back. “So if we didn’t become the couple until the end you wouldn’t tell me right? Taking care of me it’s really because you love me or pity to me since I didn’t have other beside?” Like a bomb his words leave her in the silent… didn’t know what to say surrender in her own mistake.

Received no reply from the girl make him in pieces, he never ask much a simple reply of ‘no’ of her is enough for him to sway his doubt, but the silent like give reply that his doubt is true. In his mind he wants to scold her or throw her aside, but the sadness is more. Despite because his love to her and thankful for her kindness it endures him a bit. ‘That why people said love is blind’. Glance to the woman beside in wishes the word from her but it leaves him to throw a white flag once he sees the guilt expression in her.

“Just leave me alone”

Being obedient she walks to the bedroom leave her man at the living room although deep inside her heart she wants to stay there and keeps her apologize word. But she knows it is futile now as he is totally broken all due of her… of her mistake. Giving him space like he wanted, she just hopes his anger won’t longer and he will forgive her as much as she wonders what their relationship would be. Thinking the word ‘broke up’ afraid her as much as her afraid to lose him in her life. In their own place, both of them throw all the sadness and broken which they bring it to their nightmare.

 

As early as 7 in the morning, she wakes up being disturbs by the alarm from her mobile. Tap the stop word on the screen, she move her hand to the place beside her but it broke her when she feels the empty space… her boyfriend not there as always; the person that she addicted to see every woke up in the morning. Slowly the crisis last night comes in her mind although her wish it just a nightmare. Know where he whereabouts, she walks to the living room in hope that he is still there… and seeing his build sleeping at the couch relieve her a bit. With the blanket in her hand, slowly she walks to him and place the garment to cover his body. “Jagiya…Love I’m sorry. I love you” she said while his head and give a slightly kiss to his lip. Wearing a glass to hide her blob eyes, without making a sound she exits the house going to work.

 

*****

 

As soon as the 9 working hours end, in split second she exits the office and drive to home. She misses him a lot, a pressure to hold and see him is more than the pressure she have during her work at the office. It is become dense when not even a single reply she received by him toward her message and call. She know he avoided her, but she never complaint about it as his forgiveness is her priority now. To her he is the most important now and as long as he didn’t mention that ‘scare’ word, there still some hope in their relationship. But once she enters the house, the man nowhere could be seen.

From one room to another she searches him around the apartment, but no to avail. She tries to contact him, but the ringing from the room brings her to last hope. She didn’t know what to do… it’s worries her and thinking his condition scare her more. Grabs back her car key in order of searching him, she sigh in relieves once the main door being pull from outside and he enter the house.

In immediate, she run and hugs him and unleashs all her worried and sorrow at his chest. “Oppa, where had you been…? I’m worried” she keeps say to the numbly man who just remain silent like isolated her from him. Received an unwelcome reply from him upsetting her and soon she unleash her hug but its shock her more once she hear his voice that she miss a lot. “Why with you? Crying like I’m going to die?”

“Oppa, I’m worried of you. Please don’t do this again”

“Hahaha… worried about me. Oppa…don’t do this, don’t do that, don’t forget to take your medicine…have you do that, have you done this…What? How? Where? I’m freaking sick with all that question! Can you trust me even a bit?!”

“Jagiya…why with you? I do trust you but I’m worried of you…because I don’t want anything happen to you…as I care for you…I love you” she said in facing the man.

“Love? Sarang? Who are you to love me?”

“Oppa… it’s me Sung Im. I’m your girlfriend, don’t you remember?”

“Sung Im… don’t lie to me. You’re not Sung Im… Sung Im already die once she lies to me. She already died!”

“Oppa!!!”

And she didn’t know what had happen after, all she know her palm feels sting and redness also the loud bang from the door shock her. The man nowhere could be seen, leaving the place with her guilt and tears. She wants to run and after him but the motionless in her leg evade her, so she just kneels at her place cry out loud.

“Oppa…Mianhe. Is this the end of our story?”

 

p/s : Ottoke... sob...sob... TT^TT