Chapter 7

Fadeless Memory

“Come in” wipe a watery in his eyes due to his past memory with his handkerchief, he allows the person outside to enter his room. He sit back to his desk in waiting with his warm smile as always but his face automatically change once he see the woman. “Oh Miss Crime Scene what are you doing here? Miss me already?”

“Mwuh ra goo? What you call me?” in anger Ji Hyo sneer to the man in front him, disbelief in what she heard. “Miss Crime Scene, didn’t your name C.S.I,  it’s suit you right since you like to make crime scene” in slumber Jong Kook repeat back her nickname which derived from her name and the popular police series despite the accident happen between them yesterday.

“Yah, you the arrogant-yet-show-off-muscle, take back your shirt. Broken promises!” still in her rage in harsh she throw the paper bag on his work desk. The annoying can be seen in her face thinking the broken promises from the man. Still she remember how frustrated her in waiting him at the place for almost 30 minutes but the man still didn’t show up as his promises.

But Jong Kook just smile in seeing her anger. Grab the paper bag on the table, he take out his shirt inside and check his shirt from back to forth. “I didn’t break my promises, you the one who broke it” in slumber he replies back with his eyes still checking the clean shirt on his hand. But before she can protest he continue his word “Yesterday I said 6.00 a.m and don’t be late, I already there at 5.57 a.m but still you didn’t show up even at 6.05 a.m”

“I did come exactly at 6.00 a.m as promises, yes I see my watch it’s show 6.00 a.m” in serious she reply back rebuke his blame, somewhat she did want him to trust her.  “In that case blame your watch then. So, if you didn’t have anything can you leave, I have a call to answer” pointed to the telephone that keep ringing he reply back didn’t want to argue more with her.

“Oh Miss Crime Scene, by the way thank you for wash my cloth and yourself delivery, might be I can ask you for my laundry after this” he continue his words as she about to leave his room and the bang of door heard in the atmosphere. Jong Kook just laughs in seeing her temper before he answer his call.

 

*****

 

“That arrogant brat!” in protest Ji Hyo walks back to her place ready to do her job and the mission that been given by her father. Thinking of her mission, frankly Ji Hyo feels hesitate  at first but pity to her father and the guilt that he have she didn’t have any option; beside she also can help her aunt, her father acquaintance. According to her father the aunt is missing her child for almost 18 years because of the tragedy happens to her husband and false did of him; additional with the traffic accident that happen to them make the woman lost his memory while her father paralyzed.

Ji Hyo eyes focus to the screen in her computer, reading in finding the person that she looks for. Actually Ji Hyo didn’t have any clue regarding her aunt’s son since her father not even once have meet him; all she known according to his father her aunt ex-husband name is Lee Young Jin and from one sources that he heard the child now works as a policeman. Ji Hyo’s eyes feel sore in screening the info on the screen; thanks with the help of the Commissioner General she can get the access to the HR Department. “How could I search this person, there are more 1000 Lee here, even if I sort to the range age between 25 to 40 years old there are almost 500 people”

 

**Flashback**

“Appa I try to help you, but can you tell me clearly what did happen between you and Ahjumma. How could her missing child related with you”

With the harsh breath, her father on his wheel chair opens the drawer of his work desk and takes out one old picture and show it’s to Ji Hyo. In her curious face, she crinkles her forehead about to ask, but her father words stop her.

“This is the picture of me and my entire best friend, as you can see in the picture there is the Commissioner General Cho Jeong Hun, your ex-chief Kim Sung-hoon, her husband Lee Young Jin and myself. We been friend since childhood but Young Jin who is come from rich family followed his family and live abroad until we meet again.

19 years ago, secretly I and Young Jin had work as a spy for Jeong Hun. We need to disguised ourselves and enter to the gangster clan in order to investigate their crime scene, since the police had got a info that they want to cooperate with North Korean in overthrow the nation. There are 5 clans who involved and with our help as a spy the police managed to bust their crime and all the leader of the clan had been sentence to death. But, didn’t know why after that Young Jin keep received a crank call from someone and he doubt that his secret as a spy had been leak and the gangster searched him for revenge. He also had reminded me to be more aware and careful.

A year after when I came to her house, I founded Young Jin lay on the wet floor been stabbed on the stomach with a dragger. I tried to help him but it’s already late, not soon after he died in my hand. Then Ahjumma exited her house and found me with her husband, thinks that I killed her husband she tried to called police. Felt scared as afraid been accused as a murder despite of myself who need to hide from the gangster, I slapped her hard and brought her together with me. During that time due to scare I didn’t have thought of others, in my mind is to safe myself. Not even in my mind thought about his family as well as I unknown regarding his family member as Young Jin quite a secretive person. But, in my run we involved with the traffic accident which make Ahjumma lost her memory while I was paralyzed.

According to Jeong Hun when the police arrived at the house at the morning after the murder case, no one inside the house but through their search inside the house they found a child bedroom but the child nowhere to be found also his belonging. All the picture inside the house also missing; only one picture is found drop on the floor. Since that day, I try to search the child but always failed until one day I got the information from the mock that he had see one young man with a police uniform visited Young Jin’s grave and he heard the young man said Appa in his pray”

**end of flashback**

 

“Appa I will try to help you, I promise” 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

p/s : who is the child that Ji Hyo search, can she found the child? 

Also how the relationship of our couple, what will they do to each other? 

Stay tune ^^