Chapter 10

Fadeless Memory

With the new case, the entire unit has their emergency meetings a days after the founding. Yesterday it’s really a hectic day for both of them especially Jong Kook in finding the evidence of the crime while Ji Hyo busy in preparing the report of the finding. After come back from Anyang, alone Jong Kook goes to the hospital for further investigation of the corpse together with the forensic doctor.  With the projector and the scene shot of the crime scene Jong Kook give his report and finding.

“I just received the report from the forensic. The victim Han Chul-soo a leader of Han Clan; previously had been jail for bribing and imposter.  The only son of Han Ji-Tae and inherit the clan after his father had been sentence to death. From the autopsy report, the victim dies 4 days before with the shot on his forehead, but with the mid air of the spring brings the faster in the corpse rotting. While checking his entire body I found this note inside his jacket pocket, another victim of Kaonashi” he end his report with the note that give a surprise to the others.

“So that mean this cases same with the case of Busan?” the Chief Division asks. “Yes, it’s same like the Busan cases a month before; just like in Busan cases there also no evidence except the bullet, somewhat Kaonashi is really good in hiding his deed” Jong Kook says answering in frustration. 

“Didn’t we can investigate with the bullet D.S Kim-shi” ask one of the policemen there. “Yeah I did with Senior Inspector Park but through our investigation the bullet are for semi-auto pistol from the black market. From our search with the black market seller based on the bullet’s serial number, he remembers he did sell the pistol to one man 5 years ago but the man already deceased, which lead us to zero clues regarding Kaonashi”

“But D.S Kim-shi are you really sure it is did by Kaonashi, might be it’s from other clan since we know the fight between clan is always happen?” suddenly Ji Hyo blunt express her thought regarding the murder. “No Inspector Sung Im-shi, I don’t think the other clan involved in this case, it’s really done by someone who seek for revenge. Just for now, I think we need to investigate the similarity between this two cases and it’s seem he seek for revenge with the gangster clan. Even though I hope my prediction is false but I think the murder will not stop in here, just I hope that there no ruckus happen by the other gangster since might be they also have the same thought like you” he reply with in his serious tone before he end the meeting.

 

******

 

“Omo why with this car?” Ji Hyo drives alone after her works when suddenly her car broke down. The area is dark, not many car at the highway. She glances at her watch, it’s almost 10.30 p.m now; scare come to her mind. In her fright, she takes her mobile inside her handbag but unlucky the mobile also out of battery. Didn’t have any option, she exits her cars in seeking the help from others but selfishness the driver only pass her.

Her waiting end when suddenly one luxury car stop near her. Feeling happy she runs to the driver, but she fidget when seeing the driver once he pushes down the car window. “Oh Miss Crime Scene, what happen here? Your car broke down? You really like to create a scene right?”

“Yeah D.S Kim-shi, can you help me? I can’t seek for help now since my mobile also out of battery” in her pitiful she ask seeking for his sympathy.

“Hahaha helping you, you think by saying that will make me help you. Didn’t you not trust me? Bye” he rebukes like giving his revenge before pull up the window and continue his drive leaves Ji Hyo alone in the dark night.

“Yah you Kookie Monster, like I really want to get a help from you” in temper she scold watching his car leave her. “Such an arrogant creature” feels sad with the bad things happen to her today, in her sulky she walks back to her car in the pray for some miracle happen.

Sitting alone on her car bonnet, she roses his head up to the sky where she can see the lightning like a camera sometimes appear in the cloud. The sky looks really dark, not even a star up in the sky and also the moon. Thanks to the light from the lamppost that bring the bright to her in this dark world with her hope of the nice weather tonight.

As she was about to cry for her pitiful life, suddenly one car stops from behind her car together with a towing truck. Surprise with the current situation and feels thankful she get down from the bonnet and stand in surprise once he see Jong Kook walks to her together with one mechanic. In her blank mind like unbelief what she had seen, she just standing watching the man who slowly getting near her. She feels like watching the knight with the white horses come to help the little princess; he is the knight and she is the princess and some watery come in her eyes.

“Miss Crime Scene, where the key?” like a broken mirror suddenly he ask make she realize from her delusional world.  Feel numb in she just point her finger inside the car before she continue watching all his act with  the mechanic; don’t know why for her he looks charm now. In her amaze world she can see how he talks, discuss, smile, laugh even she can’t do anything when he fill in the form and pay some money to the mechanic.

“Hey you don’t mind right I give my info instead of you in the form?” he said while standing beside her in seeing the mechanic gone with her car. Nod her head in replying him she was about to say her thankful when suddenly he walks to his car until his stop in the middle and turn his head towards her. “Hey Miss Crime, what are you doing there, let’s go”

Blank with his words, in crinkle forehead she ask “Go where?” make him shake his head a bit before he return back to her and grab her wrist. “In this situation also you still stubborn and not trust me” he say before continue his walk to his car while Ji Hyo can feels an electric shock from the holding straight to her heart.

“Kookie Mon… upps D.S Kim-shi thank you, by the way here the money for the mechanic payment” she say once they enter his luxury car. “It’s okay, don’t mind about that. By the way where your home?” in refuse he say while switch on the navigator in his car. “But…”

Being together inside the car, both of them can feel the awkwardness; no words come from their mouth. Jong Kook just too focuses in his drive with the help of the navigator, while Ji Hyo who tired feels sleepy just silently sit beside him. Actually in her heart she can feel her heart throbbing right now; she dislike and unknown with her feelings but she like been together with him. Smell the masculine cologne of him like giving a toxic to her to keep calm until slowly she closed her eyes.

“Miss Crime, we already arrived” without looking at her he said once they arrive at her house but Ji Hyo just remain silent in her sit. Feeling weird with the silent, he turn his head and see she sleep blissfully in her place. He reach to her about to wake her up, but looking to her face some sympathy come to him so instead he take his jacket from the back sit and wrap it around her after unbuckle her safety belt. Then he lower a bit the temperature of the air-corn and push down a bit the window to give the air flow from the outside.

Feeling lonely in waiting, he lean himself at the chair while his eyes keep looking to her calm face. Don’t know why he likes to see the blissful face of her; it’s like give calm in him too. The smile draw in his face in seeing her until slowly he also sleep with the sweet feeling in his heart now.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

p/s : Hope you all like the update.

 

Something happen to me lately… make the words become stumble this and there.

 

Sometimes also the words can’t come across to my head… even I’ve thought to abandon this story.

 

So might be after this I’ll late in updating until I get my strength back, just I hope the story not stop in here even though the story line I already create until the finish.

 

Mianhe my dear readers, hope you can be patience and wait for me.
 

 

As always please leave your comment, I really appreciate it. Who knows it can give me some strength and heal.

 

(Sitting alone at the corner of my room while hears my favorite song  “How come you don’t know by KJK” – Hope the tears won’t flow again… TT^TT)