Chapter 31

Fadeless Memory

“What you want again! Don’t disturb me!!”

Ji Hyo wakes up from her sleep when she heard the yell from her boyfriend. Still with her sleep headed mind reluctantly she open her eyes tries to search him where she found him stand at the balcony of the room. He looks so piss off while talking on his mobile give her in wonder. She tries to eavesdrop the conversation but she hear nothing except his jerk before end the calls.

“Jagiya, what happen? Why you look angry?”

The angry Jong Kook in the balcony of the room astound once he feels the arm wrap around him from back. Didn’t wants to reply her he just stand still feelings the warm hug from his girlfriend, for him that he wanted most now to ease his feelings. His problem keeps dancing in his mind but he never wanted to share it with her, he knows there shouldn’t be any secret between them but not with this problem… let it be in himself as he didn’t want to worries her. With a long sigh he takes a breath while holding to her hands in his waist, his eyes screening the red-orange view of the sky that looks amazing but it still can’t help to ease the burden he feels now.

Still in her curious in the sullenness of him, slowly she lets go of her hug and walks beside him and cling to his arm while her head lay on his shoulder. Her eyes watch the fascinating view in front of her but only a while when she feels bored in herself as the wonder still tout her. She kisses to his cheek in seeking his attention. “Jagiya, why so silent? Did I bother you?”

Hearing her question make him in guilty for his act before, furthermore he knows she must feels curious as he didn’t reply her. Didn’t want to make her into gloomy he move his body facing her and wrap her arm around her slender body. “It’s nothing Love, don’t worry. Sorry to disturbing your sleep”

Didn’t believe in his word, she place her hand on his neck while her eyes stare to his small eyes seeking the truth in himself. She can see he like avoiding the contact and she knows something is bothering him. “Jagiya, don’t lie. If you had problem can you…” but ever she can complete her words when suddenly his lip pout to her disturbing. In her protest she wants to pull off the kisses but the grip from his hand at her back become tender sandwich her between his body and his arm. He keeps kiss to her lip and sometimes he gives slow bites which bit by bit arouse her and make her return back the kisses. The smooch of them slowly become passionate as she gracefully welcome his tongue to enter and long enough they been in the state didn’t bother the sky that slowly become brighter as the morning approaching.

 

********

 

The burial ceremony of the Mother already end, one by one visitor leave the graveyard after give their condolences to the family.  Like the other Korean as part of the culture, typically the extended family had sets up pre-arrange burial sites to the entire family, past, present and future and this also happen to Lee’s family. Lee Young Jin the leader of the family had sets up the burial sites for his wife and son, there also for his adopted son which located near his biological family and his family. Intentionally, the father arranges the burial site near to his best friend which he do after the friends die.

Although the burial ceremony had been long enough end, Jong Kook still at the graveyard giving his bow to his biological parents. It’s been almost half a year he didn’t come here after his last visited during his parent’s death anniversary. For sure, each time he comes here he will visited all his beloved family either his biological or adopted. Long he kneels and bows at the grave until the paralyzed man together with his daughter and son come to him.

“Kim Jong Kook-shi, may I meet you with your brother for a while?”

Hearing the man word taken him a back and the message from his brother last night captured in his mind. He didn’t want to believe but thinking this old man act to them yesterday curious him beside his eagerly wants to meet them. Because of his love he tries hard not to thinking nor to believe his brother word. Why all around this people it’s his lover’s father… is this fated or coincidence? Are the world are so small? He can’t think it and its torture him much. But seeing the good relationship his mother’s family with the old man confuses him more… which one is truth? Are his brother accuse is true…or it’s was done by someone else? He hope this old man had the answer of his question although he afraid to face the reality. So he just agrees with the old man request and excuses himself to search for his brother.

 

*******

 

“I don’t want Appa”

He heard the girl voice once he arrives at the restaurant together with his brother. Since Ji Hyo back facing the entrance she didn’t realize the existence of her boyfriend. Give a slightly bow to the old man Jong Kook takes a sit between his girlfriend and his brother but notice the existence of her father’s guest of honor, Ji Hyo and her brother; Joong Ki leave the place gives a space to their father and take their sit to the vacant table nearest.

“Lee Seong Jin-shi, Kim Jong Kook-shi… thanks you for coming. Firstly, I want to say sorry for your mother death it such a shock news to hear she died in that tragedy same like your father”

“So that all you wants to say, Ahjussi we are busy now” Seong Jin snap after hear the word, if not because of his brother he wouldn’t mind to see the paralyzed man in thinking his deed before.

“Hyung, we should hear what he wants to say first. Ahjussi mianhe”

“What need to be sorry Jong Kook-ah, didn’t he the one who had killed Appa and kidnapped Omma. He should be glad we didn’t lodge a report, or since you a police why don’t you arrest him!” Seong Jin keeps rebuke express all his thought shock the old man in front them.

“Seong Jin-shi, Jong Kook-shi no I never killed your father. Yes I admit I had take your mother away which I regret it so much, but during that time I’m so afraid my mind can’t think straight. But I never killed him, when I arrived there he already laying at floor being stabbed”

“If you didn’t kill him why you had to run and afraid? Killer will never say he is a killer”

“Hyung, please calm… Let’s hear what he wants to talked first, but did you really see he killed Appa?” Jong Kook said tries to calm his rebuke brother as he really needs to clarify all the misunderstanding happen. Hears his brother question taken back Seong Jin a bit since he also didn’t see the man killed his father… all he see once he arrives at the place is this man takes his mother to his car and drive in rush.

“Ahjussi, can you tells us what really happen that night?” and so the old man tells his story to the brothers.

“Seong Jin-shi, Jong Kook-shi sorry with my mistake and afraid all this things had happen. What I regret most she died before see both of you, I tries all my way to found you but alas… it’s already late now. To found you I even had given a mission to my own daughter to help me although she reluctant, and due to my afraid I also had requests her to disguise. That why also when I heard she posted as police, with my authority I had request her to be send to Ilsan. I’m afraid the clan might search and killed us. But see what had happen to your mother” holding the brother’s hand the old man keeps talks express his guilt and regret.

”Ahh… I don’t believe it. As I said before killer would never claims himself a killer. Jong Kook-ah let’s go!” like before Seong Jin snap before he leave the place.

“Hyung!! Ahjussi I’m sorry” Jong Kook said before he follows his brother leave the Song’s family in blank expression.

 

*******

 

With the current incident, her father suddenly ills as heart attack caught him but luckily they act fast and the medicine always beside the old man. As a daughter Ji Hyo has to take care of her father and together with her brother they send him to the clinic for further check up. To her boyfriend she calls and tells her condition and Jong Kook being a good boyfriend understand her situation and give permission to her to sleep at her house and take care her father… after all she not his wife for him to control her.

Being separated with him, miss her much and it’s become tense when he remain silent after their conversation before. Neither message nor call from him and it’s worried her, so in her bedroom she dials his numbers but her calls leave with ringing no answer. Didn’t give up repeatedly she tries but still the calls unanswered. It’s already half an hour she calls as much she unknown the total miscall she had given… panic caught her as the bad thinking appear. Rashly, she drops from her bed and grab her sweater wanna see him, the clock already reach 12 and she didn’t care. But suddenly one message come from him give her a total shock.

“Ji Hyo-yah let’s just break up”

 

 

p/s : Like always thanks for the sibscriber, commentar or even the reader. Also for the voter and muchly appreciated to the current voter Qilanove, RiikoNarikawa & iwrotethis.... Thank you guys but sorry if this chapter not satisfied you much.