Chapter 6

Fadeless Memory

“You” both of them shocks when seeing each other. A jerk can be seen in their expression.

‘Huh, why among this people in this world I will meet this arrogant guy again?’

‘This bad girl again? It’s really a bad day in seeing her again’

“So both of you had known each other?” their chief words make them realize from their own world. “No, no we didn’t” Jong Kook said while showing his smile face as always, make Ji Hyo become piss off in seeing his attitude. ‘Cit… what with the smile? Show off!’

“Inspector Cheon Sung Im-shi, this is Detective Superintendence Kim Jong Kook-shi. D.S Kim here Inspector Cheon Sung Im, from now she will work under you” the Chief of Division introduce both of them to each other. In hesitate Ji Hyo lend her hand for a hand shake while Jong Kook return back the hand shake in showing his manner. Without a smile or greeting, their hand shake happen really fast since both of them eagerly wants to lets go of each other before Jong Kook pardon himself and exit the room.

 

 

Jong Kook enters his room with some disappointed in his face. How come in this world he will meet again this annoyed woman even now he will works with her.  He really didn’t like the decision of his leader but he need to obey his instruction. He sits on his table “Hyung, why must she replacing you?”. Some doubted come in his mind when looking at Sung Im, can she done her works better just like his previous subordinated that she replaced to, can they works well in solving the crime. Question by question keep wondering in his mind while he grab to the picture on the desk and remembering his ex-subordinate that he miss, that he had known for almost 5 years, the most trusted and forgetful brother who died while doing their mission.

Never in his mind to doubt her at the first place, but through some experience he encounter before, automatically it come to him additional with the accident that happen between them. He will never forget and won’t be easily trust this woman. In his anger face in remembering the accident, he chuckle a bit when some naughty thinking appear in his mind. “Hahaha, I will punish her later”

He then walks to the window and look at the street outside the building. From the 9th floor of his office, he saw a family walks on the street holding hand in hand; some smile appear in him looking at them and his parents image come in his mind.

 

**Flashback**

25 years before 

 

The sky are dark outside the apartment; 5 years old Jong Kook who is inside his house played happily with his toy at the living room while his mother at the kitchen busy in prepared their meal for dinner. Not soon after a door was pushed by someone from the outside and his father entered his house with his anger and tired face; the smelt of alcohol can be smell in him. Seeing his father approach, rashly the little Jong Kook tidied his toy, run and hides himself at the kitchen door; he looks really scared.

 “Me Jung! Me Jung!”

Heard the scary person voice make Jong Kook more shutter at the door; a tear already dropped from his eyes. His mother who is nearby quickly ran to the living room once heard her name been called. “Hey pabo, are you deaf” the sound of the voice appear again with the cry of his mother. In his hiding he also heard the sound of belt been unbuckle.

‘Slap….slap…’ he heard the sound in the living room and his mother pledge in cry and pain.

Jong Kook covered his ear with his hand didn’t want to hear; he can felt his body shaken. “Jong Kook. Kim Jong Kook!!!” but in his covered ear he can heard the man voice called his name and his heavy footstep to the kitchen.

‘Thump…thump…thump’ the sounded of the footstep become loud in his ear and slowly Jong Kook moved his body hide behind the door. “Jong Kook-ah, Jong Kook-ah comes to Appa”

“Jagiya don’t hit him” from behind the door he can heard his mother pledge again in the kitchen. “Just let me go you ” he heard a sound of slap and a clash at the dining chair.

“Jong Kook-ah, Jong Kook-ah… Why you hide in there?” in his tears Jong Kook rose his head; his heart trembling and his body shaken once he saw his father face in front of him. He tried to move his body but he can felt the hard wall at his back trapped him. “Appa..appa mianhe” he cried and pledge the man.

“Argh…” his father sound in pain surprise him; in disbelief he widen his eyes when he saw his mother with her bloody hand and tear once his father drop on the floor. In curious his eyes dropped to the lying man and he can saw the knife at his back. “Jagiya..jagiya I’m sorry…Hahahaha” like a crazy his mother cry and laugh while holds her death husband in her lap. Knowing nothing little Jong Kook in his curious face walked toward his mother and ask “Omma, Omma is Appa already sleep?”

The heavy rain and the sound of the thunder can be heard from outside in the deep night. Felt scared Jong Kook walks toward his parent’s room to search his mother. Once he entered the room, his mother nowhere to be found. In his search Jong Kook continue his walked to the balcony where he saw his mother there climbed and jump from their 12th floor apartment. “Omma!!!”  Jong Kook’s scream voice appears in the night together with the loud thunder in the sky.

 

**end of flashback**

 

******

 

In a smirk and annoyed face Song Ji Hyo walks to her department and heading to one room at the end corner of the building. After her meeting with the Chief Division and greeting all her colleague rashly she goes to her car and takes one paper bag inside. In front of the room’s door, she takes a deep breath to control her emotion before she knocks the door and waiting the permission from the person inside.

“Come in” she heard the voice from inside the room, the voice of the man she hated the most, Kim Jong Kook. 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

p/s : sorry if its the boring chapter again, but for now I will reveal one by one Jong Kook history. 
There had been meet each other, but hated each other. Just wait for the continuance; will our couple be in love to each other? 
The secret behind the crime of 18 years ago will be reveal in the next chapter. 
Like always please give your comment please... m(_ _)m