Epilogue

Fadeless Memory

With the bouquet of white flower and black attire together with her best friend Ji Hyo walks to the cemetery. A tear drop, a hiccup sound over the cry when she thinking the man who had just been buried on the ground. She knows how much her tear falls, although how stupid she feels to cry and how long he begs the man would never come back again. He already had gone together with the memory that they have share together although just a while.

“I’m sorry Oppa…” repeatedly she say while put the bouquet of flower at the tomb.

“It’s okay Ji Hyo-yah… it already fate…” giving her a side hug in order to calm her, Kang Gary said.

“But… I feel guilty… I…”

“Shhh…. It’s okay; I know he must understand…”

“If…if we more fast… If we didn’t oversleep…”

“Ji Hyo-yah, stop it… it already happen…we can’t turn back the time anymore” he pull her into his embrace to give her a chest to lean on.

“Nothing we can do, Ji Hyo-yah” repeatedly he said to coax her didn’t bother the wet on his shirt. The scene of the past 2 days before comes to his mind.

 

**Flashback**

“Gary Oppa, I hope we never be late”

Based on the tracker they arrived at the big house where they spotted the man car park at the roadside besides the building. Rashly they got out from the car and in secured they entered the house. The atmosphere so silent, only sometimes the sound of the wind blow the big sakura trees nearest can be heard. They continued their walks until they reached the front of the house where they noticed one man laid on the floor and from afar they can hear the sound of people talked. Although they can’t hear clearly the words but it sounds harsh.

Curious and worried over the laying man, she kneels beside the corpse and placed her finger to the man neck to sense his breath. She shakes her head to him as she can’t felt the pulse while upside the crop to saw the face. An expression of relieved came to her face once she saw the face although she felt sympathy to the deceased.

Upon arrived at the main door to hide they catch a glimpse of the Detective with his bloated face kneel on the floor while the man wear a clog stand in front him with the gun pointed to his forehead. They can’t see clearly the man face as his back facing them but his voice recognized her. “Seong Jin Oppa?!” he looked her gasp in unbelief while observe the man’s voice.

“I’m sorry Hyung” clearly they heard the Detective said in his sad tone. In order to save the Detective he ran from the hiding while holds the weapon but in the split second the sound of the gunshot shocked him. He didn’t know what had happen but what he can saw the image of both men dropped on the floor and her scream while ran to the location.

“Oppa…oppa” still in blank and numbly stand he stared at her who push the criminal body while lay the Detective’s head on her lap. She wiped the blood on the Detective face. “I’m not late right…I’m not late right…Jagiya…Kookie Oppa” like whispering he heard she murmur in her cry and worried face. Felt sympathy in his mind he wanted to hugged and coaxed her but he must be prepared, the condition of the criminal is uncertain to them, anything bad might happen and she closed to him. Thus, in rash while held his weapon he ran to the criminal but the movement of one of the man stun him.

***end of flashback***

 

*******

 

The tears keep flowing on her face as she lean on his best friend chest. She knows she must look stupid for be crying like that but the guilty keep disturbing her mind. For now she really needed a shoulder to lie on and only him she has now. “Mianhe…mianhe…” she keep mumble in her cry make Gary pull her closer to his embrace. She know the man inside the tomb can’t be alive back but she hope he can hear her pledge in her sorrow. Their memories together like a screen keep playing in her mind there also the sorrow incident.

**Flashback**

“I’m sorry Hyung” clearly she heard her boyfriend voice in his closed eyes. The metal had been placed on his forehead and she also can sense the tear that fall on his face. ‘No, you can’t die Oppa… I need you’ the anxious to safe him came to her mind so without thinking she spread her hand and pulled the laver of her weapon.  

“Bang… Bang”

She heard the gunshot but she unknown it’s from her weapon or Seong Jin, all she knew in her eyes she saw both men fall on the floor with Seong Jin body fall on top of her boyfriend.  Worried comes and rashly she ran to the location didn’t bother of her safety. All in her mind is her man condition. Without sense the condition of both man, she push Seong Jin away from Jong Kook’s body while placed his head on her lap. Tear already flow in her face while she wiped the blood on his face.

“Oppa…Oppa… Jagiya wake up. I’m not late right” in denial she shakes her head.

And the movement from his body relieved her.

"Ji Hyo-yah?”

**end of flashback**

 

*******

 

“Ehem…” like a mirror broken their memory splash once they heard the voice. Surprised and ashamed in immediate Gary unleashes the hug, but Jong Kook just chuckle in perceived his attitude. On the other hand, the woman while wipe her tears walks to her man and holds to his arm.

“Are you jealous Oppa?”

“Jealous? Nope, just wonder this is my hyung who is death, how would you cry and cuddle him if I’m dying” in chuckle he teases her.

“Really, you didn’t jealous. So, should I go to him instead?”

“Hehehe…better you stay with me” he said while holds to her hand and both of them just laugh to his gesture. Together hand to hand they walks to the tomb. He kneels in giving his last respect to his brother.

 

If possible, if could turn back the time…

Although he feels regret for the tragedy that had happen and eventually due to him but it already happen. Even how much he wants to turn back the time he can’t…

There no if in this possibility…

But still he feels thankful to God for giving him another opportunity to live.

 

**Flashback**

In his closed eyes he gulped his own saliva and took a long breath once he can felt the movement of the hand in front of him. ‘Good bye Miss Crime, good bye Sung Im-ah, good bye my angel, good bye my love, good bye Ji Hyo-yah… Saranghanda’

“Bang! Bang!”

He heard the sound of the weapon and also a liquid splashed on his face. Something drops on his body and at the moment he falls on the floor.

‘Why I didn’t feel any hurt… am I already death?’

“Oppa!!!”

‘Ji Hyo-yah, Love… why I hear her voice? Is this hereafter’

He then sense someone grab to his body, wiped to his face and through the sound of the voice he knew it’s his lover. He also can felt the warmest of her breath and her tears that drop on his face.

‘Am I still alive?’

In curious he opened his eyes and he saw her cried and pledged for him, but the question of her been there touted in his mind. He still unbelief. “Ji Hyo-yah?” in curious he asked to confirm himself and the relieve expression in her answered all his curiosity.

‘How could this possibly happen?’

Wiped the liquid on his face he took a back once he saw the red color on his palm. “Seong Jin Hyung” he knew the blood not him but his brother. Hasty he ran to the lying man beside him, the blood already surround the place came from the man body due to the wound on his back. The tear dropped when he can’t sense the pulse from his brother.

**end of flashback**

 

“Thank you Ji Hyo-yah”

“For what?”

“For saving my life” he smile while holds her hand.

“But… because of me… Seong Jin Oppa died. Mianhe Oppa” tears falls again on her face.

“Uhhh… this cry baby. It’s okay Ji Hyo-yah, although you didn’t shoot him he will eventually die… he the murderer, the judgment” he wiped her tears and move closer to kiss her but in sudden she avoid by close his mouth with her hand.

“Jagiya… Gary Oppa there” blush appear in her face, although how much she wants to kiss him but to do it in front of her best friend still ashamed to her.

“So how is your meeting with the lawyer?”

“It’s already settled… although it seems burden I need to be responsible. Its Appa wish beside only me left”. Actually two days after he found the diary based on his father letter he had see the lawyer. After some question to confirmation himself, the lawyer had told regarding the will that surprised him but he didn’t said his consent yet. Although he had read his brother’s diary, he still unbelief his brother is the murderer so he thought to give his brother to handle the company although he still holding the CEO title since he can’t change the will. Despite he already have a job to handle too.

“So congratulation Mr. CEO… Hahaha Oppa you also has a lot name now Kim Jong Kook, D.S Kim, Mr.CEO but I like the most is Kookie Monster”

“Cish…this Miss Crime” they laugh together when reminiscence the memory of their early time. Never had they thought the person they hate the most would become the person that they love the most.

“Let’s go Ji Hyo-yah” hold her hand he stands after take out a black diary from his blazer pocket. Give his brother the last bow he drop the black diary on the tomb returning it back to it owner.

“Rest in peace Hyung… you will become my fadeless memory. Thank you for all the times we been together” a tears drop once he say his last wishes.

See her man crying, Ji Hyo turn his head and wipe his tear. “Uhhhh my cry baby” she mimicking his gesture before and in the sudden Jong Kook gives a peck on her lip. She shock with the sudden contact while he just laugh in seeing her red face.

“Oppa…” she pinch hard on his arm

“Ouch… Gary-shi you look at this Miss Crab”

Gary just laugh in watches the sweetest of the lovely couple in front him, but he wondering why he didn’t feels envy but happy to see them. Indeed sometime he did feels pain in his heart but once he see her happy face beside her man the pain changes to his happiness too. He relieves and he glad she had meet someone who love her and as a friend he should bless this couple.

Together with the couple he walks living the graveyard.

I should just forget her’

‘Live must go on… the journey still long to go…’

 

-the end-

 

p/s : Happy New Year 2014 to my dear readers!!! Thank you for your time in read, subscribe and vote my story. Sorry for any mistake happen, hope I can continue to give more story in the future. 

Wish u all cherish, greatest and best year a head on 2014!!!